17 minutes ago, Corswain said:

Might be controversial but if I bought it I'd be thinking about the crested helmet in the Iron Hands upgrade set. I like it but I know a lot of people don't.

For the cape I would actualy go with a cityfight camo scheme. Lean into the Guerrilla theme.

Would defo paint it to be closer in appearance to a Cameleoline cloak than a standard "Im in charge" cloak

Are you allowed to use your imagination when coming up with a colour scheme in the Horus Heresy or are you condemned to use box art? Here is a good video which answers this question:

Arbitor Ian

I have deviated from the black myself and used a gunmetal theme for my 30K IH:

https://ibb.co/album/PZPNPX

https://ibb.co/album/zsg9zv

And here are my 40K IH for comparison in traditional black:

https://ibb.co/album/cc2JFj

Just now, Deus_Ex_Machina said:

Are you allowed to use your imagination when coming up with a colour scheme in the Horus Heresy or are you condemned to use box art?

When I do my HH Raven Guard I’m going to paint them the same generic black scheme as my 40K guys. I don’t care if it’s wrong, I’m just gonna do it because I want to use the same troops for both games. Paint how you want, as long as they are recognisable for what they are meant to be.

They've stuck pretty faithfully to the artwork if him but the closed eye does look a little odd. Might just be because I'm not used to seeing it on SM models.

I otherwise really like it, between him, Tybalt Marr and Endryd Harr they've been hitting it out of the park. Looking forward to seeing Little Horus next.

On 3/7/2024 at 6:15 PM, Mr Farson said:

Last year someone posted that little horus, shadrak, dantioch were getting models. Little horus and shadrak are confirmed as getting theirs so presumably the next expansion will feature dantioch

Given Dantioch is long dead by the Great Slaughter, I wonder what that means for the next book? Lovely to go back in time if so. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Petitioner's City said:

Given Dantioch is long dead by the Great Slaughter, I wonder what that means for the next book? Lovely to go back in time if so. 

Battle of Molech with a side-focus on the Imperium Secondus maybe?

The former would give them an excuse to put out more Solar Auxilia content without having to dip into Tallarn yet, since the battle was largely Imperial Army vs Sons of Horus & Death Guard. Meanwhile, the Secondus happened co-currentlyish, not dissimilar to Marr/Tybalt's final clash occurring around the time of Beta-Garmon.

Edited by Lord Marshal

45 minutes ago, Lord Marshal said:

Battle of Molech with a side-focus on the Imperium Secondus maybe?

The former would give them an excuse to put out more Solar Auxilia content without having to dip into Tallarn yet, since the battle was largely Imperial Army vs Sons of Horus & Death Guard. Meanwhile, the Secondus happened co-currentlyish, not dissimilar to Marr/Tybalt's final clash occurring around the time of Beta-Garmon.

But again imperium secundus is *years* in the past, ending in 11.m31 (with Pharos & Dantioch's death either at the end of 10.m32 or early 11.m31), while the Titandeath & Great Slaughter is  really fixedly in 13.m31. It just doesn't make sense if this is, as the title tells us, a book focused on a particular conflict two years later?

9 hours ago, Petitioner's City said:

From the timeline a few years back there is:

-The Wolf Cull

-The Shadow Crusade

-The Underworld War

-Vannaheim

-Alaxxes

-Tallarn

-and more I can’t remember 

I’m sure they will jump around a bit and one book per year has plenty of ground to cover 

Nice to see that they have not completely forgotten that the iron hands exist ( at least in Horus Heresy) I hope that there will be a alternate head option for those who might not like the face. and also wondering what those odd cylinders are beside the fold in his cloak..

Edited by Valorandomus
"off" instead of "odd"

20 hours ago, Valorandomus said:

Nice to see that they have not completely forgotten that the iron hands exist ( at least in Horus Heresy) I hope that there will be a alternate head option for those who might not like the face. and also wondering what those odd cylinders are beside the fold in his cloak..

He has mechadendrites under his cloak as well as a folded servo-arm strapped to the backpack.