7 minutes ago, Scribe said:

lol come now. While technically correct, its the Primaris show, this is known.

I know you're not a big GW fan right now, and that's totally legit, but there's both precedence, and a lot more evidence for them leaning away from Primaris right now than there's ever been.  They could just as easily started calling ALL terminators Primaris Terminators, and they didn't.

Basically what I'm saying is that I can huff my hopium, and hope they give Lemartes an update that's as good as the Mephiston update was.

Edited by DemonGSides

17 minutes ago, DemonGSides said:

They could just as easily started calling ALL terminators Primaris Terminators, and they didn't.

I'm pretty sure the reason they did that was because if they made them Primaris Terminators they'd also need to make a Primaris Hovering Land Raider and they know that's a bridge too far for most Space Marine players.

Personally I'm looking forward to a floaty Land Raider but that's just to sate my pedantry about not mixing grav and tracked tanks within an army. Would still hate to see the MK.III go.

1 hour ago, Blindhamster said:

honestly wouldnt be sad if they just killed off lemartes, the current model is one of the best (amusing as his previous one was the worst lol), but he's really ready to be put to rest, tycho already is dead and whilst he remains one of my favourite BA characters, I wouldn't be too sad to see him dropped from the codex.

Personally id rather have astorath and a new priest than lemartes and one of those two.

Lemartes got a lot less interesting when he had to go into stasis IMO

I'm not a *huge* Blood Angel fanboi, though they are well up there in terms of nostalgia and general coolness, but my interest in them hit a low point with Astorath and the Sanguinor, added to the prevalence of 'blood' as a noun, deep striking land raiders and necron alliances (there's probably a common denominator there...!), but if I could turn back time, I'd have Lemartes be redone as a name given to the leader of the death company, so the OG Lemartes could die, but his name could live on, like a mirror to Cypher in the Dark Angels. 

2 hours ago, Scribe said:

Oh and the obligatory primaris update, for a guy already insane and kept in stasis?

lol

I can see him getting Rubicon'd as a test subject to see if it cured the Black Rage as originally promised by Cawl only to quickly discover 'Nope.'

Death Company Marines are disposable so they'd make good Apothecary Rubicon practice dummies, too. 

Edited by Wispy

9 minutes ago, Wispy said:

I can see him getting Rubicon'd as a test subject to see if it cured the Black Rage as originally promised by Cawl only to quickly discover 'Nope.'

Death Company Marines are disposable so they'd make good Apothecary Rubicon practice dummies, too. 

Bobby G: "We need to Primarisize every Marine of importance! But only 1 out of every 10 marines survive the process! How can we safely get them across the Rubricon?"

Blood Angels: "Hey, we've got like 20,000 odd marines across our various successor chapters who are really really excited to go through the Primaris process. So excited in fact, we've had to literally restrain them to stop them jumping through already. How about we send 9 of these guys through and then send an important guy as the 10th each time. Then you're guaranteed that they'll cross safely!"

Personally I'm looking forward to seeing the Primaris Venator.
It's already a funni looking Dozer with a donk gun, having it fly would just be the icing on the cake.

That said, I do think all the Firstborn vehicles will get Primaris'd eventually.
and when that happens us Chaos Players will either keep them like we do now or get new Chaosified Kits for each vehicle as we wouldn't be sharing them with loyalists anymore.

But for something a bit more on-topic, I hope the upgrade sprue isn't entirely Death Company themed and the actual sane Blood Angels get some bits in it.

3 hours ago, Scribe said:

Lemartes current model is one of the great Space Marine sculpts of all time.

Its going to be very difficult for them to not degrade that.

I know having hope.. or otherwise maintaining a positive outlooks are an exercise in futility in this hobby, but, considering nu-Dante's mini was heavily influenced by old-Dante, I am hopeful that they aren't going to flat-out ruin Lemartes. 

As someone who started with SWs and am relatively new to my BAs collection, Lemartes has always been one of my favorite models in 40k and I have been holding on on purchasing the finecast model as I figured this day would be coming soon. They better not mess it up :laugh:

Hopeful but semi concerned. Blood Angels were my first army, really near and dear to my heart. If they knock it out of the park like they did the Black Templars then I'll be over the moon. The Dark Angels updates didn't do it for me though, and I consider some of the models to be a downgrade so it has me a little concerned. Excited but concerned

12 minutes ago, Bloody Legionnaire said:

I know having hope.. or otherwise maintaining a positive outlooks are an exercise in futility in this hobby, but, considering nu-Dante's mini was heavily influenced by old-Dante, I am hopeful that they aren't going to flat-out ruin Lemartes. 

As someone who started with SWs and am relatively new to my BAs collection, Lemartes has always been one of my favorite models in 40k and I have been holding on on purchasing the finecast model as I figured this day would be coming soon. They better not mess it up :laugh:

I don't think they will outright ruin it, but it's near perfect as it is. One of the last great Diaz sculptures if I remember right.

31 minutes ago, Kharn13 said:

Do you think Sanguinary Guard will be made a unit of 3 like other bodyguard units (Deathshroud, Eightbound, Bladeguard etc)?

I really :cuss:'ng hope not but Really really concerned that they will. My only source of Hopium is the Deathwing Knights kit which kind of fills a similar spot, in that its an update of an elite 5 man squad that stayed 5 man and kept most of their options. So if Sang Guard is treated like that then they should be okay, but being turned into a 3-6 squad seems too likely.

personally id like to see sanguinary guard become like company heroes, each with 4 wounds, and a unit of 4 each with specific loadouts. But I also was never one to run them in huge numbers because narratively that shouldn't really be a thing IMO.

e.g. a champion, a standard bearer, and two others, maybe one with an inferno pistol and power fist and the other with a more standard loadout.

Edited by Blindhamster

38 minutes ago, Blindhamster said:

personally id like to see sanguinary guard become like company heroes, each with 4 wounds, and a unit of 4 each with specific loadouts

I would genuinely hate that, Like that is honestly my outright worst case scenario for the unit. going 3-6 would be frustrating as hell, but doing that ^ would just outright kill them for me.

1 hour ago, Blindhamster said:

personally id like to see sanguinary guard become like company heroes, each with 4 wounds, and a unit of 4 each with specific loadouts. But I also was never one to run them in huge numbers because narratively that shouldn't really be a thing IMO.

e.g. a champion, a standard bearer, and two others, maybe one with an inferno pistol and power fist and the other with a more standard loadout.

I like this. Then shift some of their old power into the DC so that they don't just become "Slightly angry intercessors", give us a librarian redepmtor and I'm pretty happy. 

Although I doubt we'll see them this edition, I'm looking forward to the jump marines in the light (Phobos) and heavy (Gravis) armor models. A squad in Shrike's style armor and assault Inceptors would be awesome. Plenty of babymarines to redo first, (vanguard, tacticals etc) but heavy assault jump Blood Angels would be awesome. 

Also, noting the datacard entry for "Chaplain with Jump Pack" still in codex with the old BA model as a pic, this makes me wonder if were getting Lamartes, or a general Jump Chappy with some BA gubbins. 

Edited by Amocat

11 hours ago, CL_Mission said:

Personally I'm looking forward to a floaty Land Raider but that's just to sate my pedantry about not mixing grav and tracked tanks within an army. Would still hate to see the MK.III go.

I'm pretty sure that's what the Repulsor is meant to be, it has the same transport capacity and can carry Terminators.

55 minutes ago, mecanojavi99 said:

'm pretty sure that's what the Repulsor is meant to be, it has the same transport capacity and can carry Terminators.

Makes me wonder if we'll get a "Reupulsor Crusader" analogue. If a Repulsor is the general purpose and the Executioner is the shooty one, could they do a Repulsor with an assault ramp?