10 hours ago, Indy Techwisp said:

No offence here, but I really hope that this pattern turns out to be incorrect.

As a TSons player I really really could do without GW having a justifiable reason to dump yet more Tzaangors into our army.

I didn't play Tsons after 8th soups expired, but I like to upvote post which diss Tzaangors.:wub:

34 minutes ago, jaxom said:

I expect it will happen, and the chalice becomes an enhancement. Dark Angels lost Interrogator-Chaplains….

Yeah I'm not expecting it to survive.  But maybe they release a dual kit with Corbulo/Sang Priest later down the line.

1 hour ago, DemonGSides said:

Yeah I'm not expecting it to survive.  But maybe they release a dual kit with Corbulo/Sang Priest later down the line.

I completely forgot about Corbulo. Out of all the special characters, I'd expect him to get the new model, because it represents what used to have a generic option. Like how there are no Interrogator-Chaplains, but Asmodai got a glow up. Then again, so did Belial. So who knows?

4 hours ago, jaxom said:

I expect it will happen, and the chalice becomes an enhancement. Dark Angels lost Interrogator-Chaplains….

That would be a kick in the teeth.  But you're right there is precedent. I'd already braced myself that they were going to lose access to jump packs, but losing the whole unit would be way worse.

11 hours ago, jaxom said:

I completely forgot about Corbulo. Out of all the special characters, I'd expect him to get the new model, because it represents what used to have a generic option. Like how there are no Interrogator-Chaplains, but Asmodai got a glow up. Then again, so did Belial. So who knows?

Yeah and there's no word on any of the other DA characters getting upgraded, but they still exist in Codex, so I think there's a good chance that we will still have some shorter characters kicking around.

Whether the Sang Priest itself survives.. yeah, not hopeful. 

12 minutes ago, DemonGSides said:

there's no word on any of the other DA characters getting upgraded, but they still exist in Codex, so I think there's a good chance that we will still have some shorter characters kicking around.

GW has to save some characters to upgrade for 11th edition :sweat:

Oh most def. I just think there's almost an expectation around right now that we will be losing a lot, but I think we will lose Tycho and no one else, instead kept back for future re-releasing. Same with Sang Priest; could definitely see that as being our 11th ed "One new kit per codex", since SM is getting so many overhauls this edition. 

53 minutes ago, Indy Techwisp said:

On the topic of the Box Set contents, I hope the upgrade sprue isn't 100% Death Company stuff and is useful for a more "mentally-stable" BA army.

this is honestly my biggest hope.

what I expect though is:

- a bunch of shoulder pads with crosses

- some angry faces

- some weapons with crosses (maybe one fancy melee weapon)

- dreadnought bits

And i'll be utterly disinterested.

40 minutes ago, Indy Techwisp said:

On the topic of the Box Set contents, I hope the upgrade sprue isn't 100% Death Company stuff and is useful for a more "mentally-stable" BA army.

I'm thinking that it's going to be a generic upgrade sprue that has maybe a bit of everything on it, especially if we look at the recent DA one.

Perhaps the upgrade is also the solution to the sanguinary priest question. All it needs is a blood chalice, a chainsword, and maybe a jump pack if space is available.

Especially once we consider the space left by the watcher in the dark, plasma cannon, and ravenwing-wing. Assuming it is equal in size to the DA sprue.

Edited by Nephaston

5 hours ago, Tokugawa said:

Question: in current story, is the big cross DC symbol painted, or embossed? 

Depends how recently the Marine has fallen to the rage. Some who fall in the middle of battle obviously get nothing. Some who fall the night before battle just get paint and some who spend a lot longer in the tower of Amareo may have slightly more adorned armour. I can't remember if this work is done by serfs or the chaplains who watch over the lost. 

Obviously the current DC kit is very embelished and ornate armour. So I would think they've been in the tower of the lost for a while - waiting to be deployed.

I'd be very surprised if any new BA sprue is Death Company focussed. Seems way more likely that it would be broadly similar in format to the DA one to maximise how useful it is, i.e.

• 20-odd "normal" BA chapter icon shoulders for various armour marks (Terminator, Tacticus, Phobos, Gravis, Bladeguard-sized)
  • Tacticus sergeant upgrades (helmet, tilt shield, stylised power weapon etc)
  • Belt doodads (reliquaries, pouches etc)
  • Parts to upgrade a generic kit into a chapter-specific variant (for DA that's Deathwing, for BA it's Death Company - this is probably where your "crossed" shoulders and maybe helmets appear)
  • Chapter specific weapon upgrades (for DA it was a Plasma Cannon & swords, for BA something like Inferno Pistol / Encarmine Blade would make sense)
  • Variant heads (hoods for DA, probably masks/crests etc for BA)
  • Given the size of a few of the remaining things on the DA sprue (watcher, ravenwing banner, book) there probably is room for something like Jump Pack wing accessories or bits to convert an Apothecary mini to a Sanguinary Priest

32 minutes ago, Halandaar said:

Given the size of a few of the remaining things on the DA sprue (watcher, ravenwing banner, book) there probably is room for something like Jump Pack wing accessories or bits to convert an Apothecary mini to a Sanguinary Priest

I'm holing out home for Intercessor/Assault Intercessor Sergeant chest with abs and nipples lol

On 3/11/2024 at 3:20 PM, Marshal Rohr said:

If they actually postpone Krieg they’re idiots. 

I am sure theres more than one team doing work for each faction, they can release Krieg at the same time as Blood Angels or even one after the other.

I think everyone’s casually forgetting here the box rumour is 

Lemartes + Jump Assault Intercessors 

which means the upgrade sprue must include Death Company upgrades to upgrade the jump assault Intercessors to make them Death Company as Lemartes will be leading them. 

unless Lemartes can suddenly start leading standard BA jump infantry (which we already know is not the case) 

All roads lead to upgrade sprue being DC focused, like the one in the DC Intercessors Box, that upgrades Intercessors into DC Intercessors. 

But they will most likely add some generic BA bits onto it, of course, but won’t be a huge mount, the upgrade sprue majority of it, is for the contents of the army box, much like the DA one, with a couple bits for general use outside the box. 

Not necessarily - it may be that the intent of the box is that 5 of the jump intercessors become Death Company and the remainder stay red, I'd expect enough bits to nominally make 5 marines death company per upgrade, so making 5 blinged out with two upgrades is more than possible.

11 minutes ago, Alternis said:

All roads lead to upgrade sprue being DC focused, like the one in the DC Intercessors Box, that upgrades Intercessors into DC Intercessors. 

Well, except for the fact that it DOESN'T.

The upgrade sprue in the DC Intercessors box is simply the standard Blood Angels Primaris upgrade frame from 8th Edition. There are no Death Company specific bits to it at all.

8 hours ago, Alternis said:

I think everyone’s casually forgetting here the box rumour is 

Lemartes + Jump Assault Intercessors 

which means the upgrade sprue must include Death Company upgrades to upgrade the jump assault Intercessors to make them Death Company as Lemartes will be leading them. 

unless Lemartes can suddenly start leading standard BA jump infantry (which we already know is not the case) 

But they will most likely add some generic BA bits onto it, of course, but won’t be a huge mount, the upgrade sprue majority of it, is for the contents of the army box, much like the DA one, with a couple bits for general use outside the box. 

Death company are blood angels painted black with red crosses painted onto them. No need for the embossed crosses like in the current firstborn kit. Could also be transfers. As @Lord Nord in Gravis Armour pointed out the current intercessor DC kit also contains a standard upgrade sprue. 

1 hour ago, Rhavien said:

Death company are blood angels painted black with red crosses painted onto them. No need for the embossed crosses like in the current firstborn kit. Could also be transfers. As @Lord Nord in Gravis Armour pointed out the current intercessor DC kit also contains a standard upgrade sprue. 

While this is true, I personally find the existing Primaris DC models pretty insipid and uninspiring. I would like a few parts with some saltires and extra skulls. A few extra weapon options would be nice but I am not holding my breath too hard there. I am not expecting something as rich and detailed as the Firstborn DC but I would hope to see something better than the current Primaris DC offering based on the 8th ed upgrade sprue.