Just now, Ayatollah_of_Rock_n_Rolla said:

How does it fit the rumours about the range update? Are BA still getting "new" units or just an universal DC upgrade sprue for both types of Intercessors and 1-2 characters?

Valrak is our main source of rumours at the moment and he has not mentioned any brand new units. He has mentioned revamps to the Sanguinary Guard, Sanguinor, Lemartes and Astorath. As a community, we are speculating that Death Company will be represented by a squad of Intercessors of your chosen flavour plus parts from the upgrade sprue but I don't think that has been confirmed.

That does leave scope for an all-new unit as our range upgade looks smaller than the Dark Angels at this point. However it has never been guaranteed that we would get exactly the same size of release as the DAs anyway. The wild card in all of this is that Valrak has mentioned rumours of a Brutalis Dreadnought coming in the army box. Now this could just be a vanilla Brutalis in the same way that the DA box included 2 squads of vanilla Terminators. Or there might be some upgrade parts to produce Primaris versions of our custom Dreadnoughts.

Too many unknowns at this point. I am currently expecting the BA box around September. Can anyone remember when we first heard/saw of the DA Inner Circle Companions?

3 hours ago, mecanojavi99 said:

I'm pretty sure that's what the Repulsor is meant to be, it has the same transport capacity and can carry Terminators.

2 hours ago, ChapterMasterGodfrey said:

Makes me wonder if we'll get a "Reupulsor Crusader" analogue. If a Repulsor is the general purpose and the Executioner is the shooty one, could they do a Repulsor with an assault ramp?

Well it's the Land Raider style doors and assault ramp I'd most like to see on the Repulsor chassis.

On topic:
I'm really hoping the updated Sanguinary guard rumours pan out. I'm don't currently collect Blood Angels but I've always like the look of them, the art for Codex Angels of Death was one of the things that got me into the hobby (I just went the dark green angels route instead of blood red), I really like the recent Dante update and Mephiston is one of the best space marine models released in recent years. If we get some Sanguinary guard on par with Dante I could see myself dipping my toes in.

I've not watched Valrak's vid so apologies if I'm just flat out wrong here, but has it actually been stated that this is a Deathwing Assault style army box with a Codex and emphasis on new units? The OP doesn't actually mention a Codex and the unit composition proposed (all existing ones barring the one character) makes it seem more comparable to the Orks and Custodes Battleforces they announced recently, than to the Dark Angels and Kroot Army sets.

7 minutes ago, Halandaar said:

I've not watched Valrak's vid so apologies if I'm just flat out wrong here, but has it actually been stated that this is a Deathwing Assault style army box with a Codex and emphasis on new units? The OP doesn't actually mention a Codex and the unit composition proposed (all existing ones barring the one character) makes it seem more comparable to the Orks and Custodes Battleforces they announced recently, than to the Dark Angels and Kroot Army sets.

If they don't update each of the individual marine factions like they have already done for both BT and DA, that would be wild. 

1 minute ago, DemonGSides said:

If they don't update each of the individual marine factions like they have already done for both BT and DA, that would be wild. 

I'm sure they will, but there's nothing to say it has to be in the same edition. BT and DA were nearly 3 years (and a whole edition) apart, after all. 

Anyway, I wasn't saying that BA aren't going to get a wider update, just that the contents of the box posted in the OP make it sound more like a battleforce (existing kits + new character) than an army set (Codex & multiple new kits)

1 hour ago, Kharn13 said:

Sanguinor???

IMG_8510.png

TBH, I spent a while looking at that and trying to see if it matched any Tzeentchan Scroll text we've seen on models before, but I guess it could be the Sanguinor.

Does the Sanguinor have a Scroll-like thing currently tho?

If so, that's a point in favour for it.

24 minutes ago, Halandaar said:

I'm sure they will, but there's nothing to say it has to be in the same edition. BT and DA were nearly 3 years (and a whole edition) apart, after all. 

Anyway, I wasn't saying that BA aren't going to get a wider update, just that the contents of the box posted in the OP make it sound more like a battleforce (existing kits + new character) than an army set (Codex & multiple new kits)

We just dont know. It's a valrak rumor, often only part of the puzzle not the whole thing.

Even so, the contents do match up. New leader(admittedly BT for two leaders, tho neither was named) one new unit (DWKnights, Crusader squad) then some older units with some upgrade sprues (DWTerminators, Redepmtor Dread).

It really depends on what they're doing, and since I'm leaning towards range refresh closer to the DA/BT, I'd expect that side.

Basically I expect closer to an army box than a battleforce box.  Sororitas, Votaan, IG style. 

19 minutes ago, Indy Techwisp said:

TBH, I spent a while looking at that and trying to see if it matched any Tzeentchan Scroll text we've seen on models before, but I guess it could be the Sanguinor.

Does the Sanguinor have a Scroll-like thing currently tho?

If so, that's a point in favour for it.

Both The Sanguinor and Astorath the Grimm are held up with scroll work

sang.jpg

3 minutes ago, Burni said:

The 'every rumour image you see this month will be a weapon' thing didn't last long...

I don't think that was ever supposed to have been taken seriously,  like all the rest of the text on this rumour engine articles.

1 hour ago, jaxom said:

Sanguinor would be pretty sweet, but if he doesn't get Primarch-level glow up in terms of model and rules then I'd be sad, and I don't know if GW would do such a model except at the end or start of an edition.

If it is a revamp of an existing model rather than something all-new then that does not seem like an issue. Calgar, Abbaddon, Mphiston, Ragnar and Ghazkull all got varying degrees of glow-up during 8th edition. The return of a Primarch is a pretty big event narratively speaking but the Sanguinor has always been around so blowing it up to Primarch-level stats/model would not require any major storytelling.

Dante: "Behold, the Sanguinor returns to aid us in our hour of need!"

Corbulo: "Isn't he bigger than last time?"

Dante: <shrugs in Primaris>

4 hours ago, Karhedron said:

Dante: "Behold, the Sanguinor returns to aid us in our hour of need!"

Corbulo: "Isn't he bigger than last time?"

Dante: <shrugs in Primaris>

I misread that as Columbo and the image pop into my head of the Lieutenant in BA power armour turning to look at a Black Legion marine and saying "...just one more thing." and then The Sanguinor steps out of a nearby closet.

Here’s my take on this. 
it’s going to be Death Company themed, I’ve noticed that a lot of these army boxes tend to be themed on the sub element of the faction rather then the whole faction. 

Dark Angels - Death Watch 

Tau - Kroot Auxiliaries 

Blood Angels - Death Company 

Space Wolves - Maybe Wulfen focused??

it’s clearly a trend these releases this edition are focusing on then adding a character and a brand new or updated unit or two for overall army use.

That being said if we follow the trend 

Lemartes + Jump Intercessors with Death Company Upgrade sprue sounds right

If they throw in a Brutalis in the box it should naturally have a Death company upgrade sprue for it too, Death Company Brutalis Dreadnought anyone? 

then the solo releases being Sanguinor and Sanguinary guard seem on par with the trend. 

im very concerned I haven’t heard much recently about Sang Priest though? 

19 hours ago, ChapterMasterGodfrey said:

Do you have instructions for how this was achieved?! Looks great!

Thanks! Take a repulsor and the assault ramp of a land raider and trim most of the repulsor front end off. Then put the assault ramp and fill any gaps. Next I used a Demios rhino side door to fill the hole on top. I printed the pieces myself so it was easier/cheaper than buying more kits. The sponsons I found online too and used some plastic card to even out the sides. My only regret is I glued the lascannons on the side sponsons so I can’t switch them out for flamestorm but I play casual so I just call them flamers and no one minds. 

10 hours ago, Alternis said:

Here’s my take on this. 
it’s going to be Death Company themed, I’ve noticed that a lot of these army boxes tend to be themed on the sub element of the faction rather then the whole faction. 

Dark Angels - Death Watch 

Tau - Kroot Auxiliaries 

Blood Angels - Death Company 

Space Wolves - Maybe Wulfen focused??

it’s clearly a trend these releases this edition are focusing on then adding a character and a brand new or updated unit or two for overall army use.

No offence here, but I really hope that this pattern turns out to be incorrect.

As a TSons player I really really could do without GW having a justifiable reason to dump yet more Tzaangors into our army.

10 hours ago, Indy Techwisp said:

No offence here, but I really hope that this pattern turns out to be incorrect.

As a TSons player I really really could do without GW having a justifiable reason to dump yet more Tzaangors into our army.

I mean, it’s the 3rd army box dropping that has rumoured trend of focus on the sub element in the faction that’s already been confirmed twice so far with dark angels and Tau.