New Chaos Lord & Chaos Lord with Jump Pack (also battleforce sets)

3 minutes ago, Orange Knight said:

Is there a link to the full datasheets and rules knocking around?

I don't frequent Reddit myself anymore.

Between these two I think we have everything:

4 hours ago, Mogger351 said:

Some datasheets and all detachments: https://imgur.com/a/XR3aghl the raiders one is amazing imo

3 hours ago, TrawlingCleaner said:

Woo! Huron still lives! A thought goes out to the Exalted Champion who took the hit :biggrin:

For a more extensive look at the datasheets there's a Google doc floating around too I think I got everything here: https://imgur.com/a/s16BgiR

@Joe this includes Traitor Guardsmen too

The Defiler gets a really cool change to allow a free Counter-Offensive strat per fight phase which is nuts

Bikes now only get +1S on the charge which is a bit meh, I quite liked the pick up from a board edge and put into strat reserves

The Corsairs detachement is amazing! Loads to look through here :wub:

Dark Pacts are now done before you start rolling which is a welcome change I think, it means you could lose models before shooting or fighting

Posted (edited)

Edited: I've changed this to a summation of the changes I've noticed scrolling through:

• Chaos Lord now exchanges their Daemon Hammer for Chainsword/Accursed Weapon, and their Plasma Pistol for Power Fist. (ie. cannot run Plasma Pistol and Power Fist.)
  • Exalted Champion is the casualty of the Codex. (Gone to Legends.)
  • Cypher gets to use his pistols both as his ranged attacks in the shooting phase and as his melee attacks in the fight phase. Big nerf on Agent of Discord though - changed to only effecting stratagems used on a unit within 12".
  • Master of Possession no longer gives a FnP 6+.
  • Warpsmith no longer has weapon options, just a consolidated "Forge Weapon" that has lost the hammer's [Devastating Wounds] for [Anti-Vehicle 4+]. (S down to 6, A up to 4, WS up to 3+.)
  • Cultists are just autopistols (no guns, or special weapons).
  • Accursed Cultists no longer return models, but surge towards enemies when shot.
  • Traitor Guardsmen's special weapons changed from "three, to a maximum of 2 of each" to "three, no duplicates".
  • Traitor Enforcer has switched from a free Insane Bravery to a free Fire Overwatch.
  • Bikers have lost their Outmaneuver, now just get +1S when they Charge.
  • Spawn have gone from regenerating d3 wounds to subtracting 1 OC from enemies withitn 3" (and losing their point of OC themselves).
  • Defiler gets a free Counter Offensive.

Edited by LSM

Posted (edited)
39 minutes ago, LSM said:

Edited: I've changed this to a summation of the changes I've noticed scrolling through:

• Chaos Lord now exchanges their Daemon Hammer for Chainsword/Accursed Weapon, and their Plasma Pistol for Power Fist. (ie. cannot run Plasma Pistol and Power Fist.)
  • Cypher gets to use his pistols both as his ranged attacks in the shooting phase and as his melee attacks in the fight phase. Big nerf on Agent of Discord though - changed to only effecting stratagems used on a unit within 12".
  • Warpsmith no longer has weapon options, just a consolidated "Forge Weapon" that has lost the hammer's [Devastating Wounds] for [Anti-Vehicle 4+]. (S down to 6, A up to 4, WS up to 3+.)
  • Accursed Cultists no longer return models, but surge towards enemies when shot.
  • Traitor Guardsmen's special weapons changed from "three, to a maximum of 2 of each" to "three, no duplicates".
  • Traitor Enforcer has switched from a free Insane Bravery to a free Fire Overwatch.
  • Spawn have gone from regenerating d3 wounds to subtracting 1 OC from enemies withitn 3" (and losing their point of OC themselves).

Cultists also lost the ability for the Cultist Champion to take a Chainsword, despite that being a bit in the actual current kit (maybe cut because the BSF Cultist Champion has one too?)

99120102144_CultistsFeature2.jpg?fm=webp&w=920&h=948

They retained the Bolt Pistol option tho

Edited by Indy Techwisp

12 minutes ago, Agrest_IW said:

hate this cultist kit , single sprue 30Ł no options , 

It's not the best return argument here but it's still better than the no-option limited sculpts than its predecessor. 
I am upset at the loss of the weapons options though. I had only gotten my unit of twenty cultists; half with pistols, half with autoguns or special weapons; completed. I might be able to pass off the autoguns/special weapons as traitor guardsmen, but it isn't really what I want.

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, spiros14 said:

It's not the best return argument here but it's still better than the no-option limited sculpts than its predecessor. 
I am upset at the loss of the weapons options though. I had only gotten my unit of twenty cultists; half with pistols, half with autoguns or special weapons; completed. I might be able to pass off the autoguns/special weapons as traitor guardsmen, but it isn't really what I want.

Those Autogun + Special Weapon Cultists are the only Cultists TSons could take, so their loss is concerning to me.

Edited by Indy Techwisp

I’m stoked we can still pack mortal scum into rhinos and land raiders,  Fabius being able to join and buff  an accursed/cultist squad is cool and thematic. Sad for anyone who built an army around agents of Bile though 

19 minutes ago, Indy Techwisp said:

Those Autogun + Special Weapon Cultists are the only Cultists TSons could take, so their loss is concerning to me.

It’s concerning and weird for Deathguard as well. Although odd that they were different anyway, I guess because of tzaangors and poxwalkers fitting the close combat scum role? 

So what’s everyone’s opinion on the detachments?

Deceptors are definitely my favorites by variet and fun shenanigans. Fellhammer and VotLW sound quite good; but i have a hard time putting my finger in which could be the best of the detachments. Dread talons being loser is unfortunately quite apparent. 

6 minutes ago, Borbarad said:

So what’s everyone’s opinion on the detachments?

Deceptors are definitely my favorites by variet and fun shenanigans. Fellhammer and VotLW sound quite good; but i have a hard time putting my finger in which could be the best of the detachments. Dread talons being loser is unfortunately quite apparent. 

Hey, there are 8 detachment choices and it's naturally that 1 or 2 among them could be "themed" or "just for fun". Some faction only has 4 detachments and 2 of them are such thing.

Yeah CSM are big winner so far when looking at datasheets and detatchments.  Even better than the Necrons, who were lavished with a book that is equally strong, flavorful, and fun.  If I were a CSM player I'd be pretty happy, even after all the knee-cappings that have happened.

As long as points aren't egregious, I'd be happy!

2 hours ago, LSM said:

Obliterators have lost some range on their Focused Malice. Down to 18” (was 24)

Posted (edited)

Another change... Warp Talons no longer force Desperate Escape tests... instead, if they are not in Engagement Range, they can go back into Strategic Reserves at the end of any Fight phase... very powerful for scoring and grabbing Objectives!

Edited by L30n1d4s

27 minutes ago, Annatar Giftbringer said:

Oof, that means they can no longer get their Melta bonus on the turn they drop in, since they need to be more than 9" away.

3 hours ago, LSM said:

There was no point in having both cultists with autoguns and traitor guard, just use one as the other

1 hour ago, Annatar Giftbringer said:

And are down to max two models per unit

Posted (edited)

Seems like fellas are comparing Chaos Cult with Dread Talons, and calling it DOA

I dont care, Im already switching from Astra to this. The foot is already on the door, and if the detachment is useless, rules will allways change on the blink of an eye.

Can allways play against Admech if not.

Edited by Garrac

2 minutes ago, Garrac said:

Seems like fellas are comparing Chaos Cult with Dread Talons, and calling it DOA

I dont care, Im already switching from Astra to this. The foot is already on the door, and if the detachment is useless, rules will allways change on the blink of an eye.

Nah chaos cult is strong, just need shed loads of cultists and damned of all sorts. Your opponents will never be able to hold an objective

6 minutes ago, Garrac said:

My only disappointment is a lack of guard tanks and artillery. But I guess you can proxy/kitbash with the CSM tanks and Daemon Engines

For Cypher, Agent of Discord now works on all Stratagems used within 12 in of him (Battle Tactics only,  because it doesn't name a Strat). It just doesn't work for whole game or only once per battle. You could increase a Command Reroll and a faction Battle Tactic both by one each if your opponent decided to use both within 12 of cypher at the same time.

Plus his offensive output went through the roof. So many gunshots. All it's missing is annoying commentary from Kurt Wimmer.

2 hours ago, tzeentch9 said:

There was no point in having both cultists with autoguns and traitor guard, just use one as the other

It's a problem for us Cult Marine factions.

We can't take Pistol Cultists at all, nor can we take Traitor Guard.

That said, if TSons traded Autoguns and Special Weapons on our Cultists for the ability to take Traitor Guard I'd be happy with that trade.