New Chaos Lord & Chaos Lord with Jump Pack (also battleforce sets)

2 hours ago, Kaiju Soze said:

Previously he was just a Cultist with flamer. Which rather suggests flamers may not be an option for the squad anymore.

He had separate rules in 8th. He was an elite heavy flamer that would explode on death, but in 9th he got rolled into the cultist data sheet

Ah, it seems like he always came on his own sprue. I had made the assumption they'd separated him out from the rest of the cultists like they did with the Psyker and technoarchaeologist from the other explorers in the Blackstone Fortress expansion.

He used to come in this kit which has disappeared from the store:Blackstone_Fortress_Escalation_Hostiles.thumb.jpg.92ee313e374cae95061c8100adb15ab7.jpg

They were a really weird kit that you needed loads of to even get a proper squad together. Which has been the only way to get Cultists with a Autogun, flamer, stubber or grenade launcher for years now, maybe we're about to see those options retired?  Or the Blooded Killteam become the ranged cultists and the base cultists are just normal combat weapons and pistols?

I'm also fully expecting Huron to disappear from this codex until an update later in the edition. He's not been sold for nearly a full year now :sweat:

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, Ultramarine1999 said:

FB_IMG_1714942667268.jpg?ex=66394465&is=6637f2e5&hm=0233b9f0f231291486f161fdcdab00ea31676b80647845477d9d096ce1cc6376&=

The only thing to have changed here is thatthe Dark Destiny ability goes off on a successful 7+ Dark Pact Vs his current clunky ability:

Screenshot_20240505-223853.thumb.png.d8721f77d4f0af41ab986a5c6e4f88b5.png

And the Damned keyword is new, maybe things like Accursed Cultists, Oblits and Possessed?

Edited by TrawlingCleaner

Posted (edited)
56 minutes ago, TrawlingCleaner said:

He used to come in this kit which has disappeared from the store:Blackstone_Fortress_Escalation_Hostiles.thumb.jpg.92ee313e374cae95061c8100adb15ab7.jpg

They were a really weird kit that you needed loads of to even get a proper squad together. Which has been the only way to get Cultists with a Autogun, flamer, stubber or grenade launcher for years now, maybe we're about to see those options retired?  Or the Blooded Killteam become the ranged cultists and the base cultists are just normal combat weapons and pistols?

I'm also fully expecting Huron to disappear from this codex until an update later in the edition. He's not been sold for nearly a full year now :sweat:

This got stealth cut, btw.

It just disappeared from the store when they rolled over to the new version.

Which is particularly odd since I've bought a box of these guys from a GW store since that happened.

It's also concerning because that Implies there's also no longer any Grenade Launchers or Autoguns for Cultists as well, all options they've had since the literal very first Cultist sets.

Also very concerning for me as a TSons player because we can ONLY take the Autogun cultists, not the Pistol ones.

3 hours ago, Urauloth said:

Nasty feeling this means the cultist warband box is disappearing and taking all those great sculpts - and the weapon options they represent - with it.

Bad news, it's been gone from the webstore for a while now

Edited by Indy Techwisp

59 minutes ago, TrawlingCleaner said:

The only thing to have changed here is thatthe Dark Destiny ability goes off on a successful 7+ Dark Pact Vs his current clunky ability:

He also lost the god specific keywords.

1 hour ago, TrawlingCleaner said:

And the Damned keyword is new, maybe things like Accursed Cultists, Oblits and Possessed?

Either that or non-Marine units like cultists, traitor guard, fellgors.

I'm intrigued as to the price GW will charge for this single cultist firebrand, considering they were charging £20 for all 8 not long ago.  How cheap are their 40K single minis these days, at least £17?

Screenshot_20240506-003024_Chrome.jpg

3 hours ago, TrawlingCleaner said:

Screenshot_20240505-223853.thumb.png.d8721f77d4f0af41ab986a5c6e4f88b5.png

Does he still have all the marks?

The firebrand has always been chunkier and on a bigger base, it makes sense to make him a separate character, hoping his fellow cultists are getting recut into a bigger squad or something rather than dropped as they were great models, just a really awkward number of them!

Posted (edited)

Cross-referencing all what we know on the detachments, and one speculation of my own:

1) Followers of Vassthor + demon engines and tanks

2) 100% speculation by me: Jump-pack detach (Night Lords?)

3) Lost & Damned (please please please PLEASE gw im ok with losing autoguns on cultists if you give me battleline traitor guardsmen here PLEASE I BEG OF YOU)

4) Renegades and Pirates

5) Elite guys

6) Demon monsters

7) Alpha Legion

8) Slaves to Darkness

Edited by Garrac

2 minutes ago, Garrac said:

Cross-referencing all what we know on the detachments:

1) Followers of Vassthor

2) Demon engines and tanks

3) Lost & Damned (please please please PLEASE gw im ok with losing autoguns on cultists if you give me battleline traitor guardsmen here PLEASE I BEG OF YOU)

4) Renegades and Pirates

5) Elite guys

6) Demon monsters

7) Alpha Legion

8) Slaves to Darkness

We know this? 

5 minutes ago, danodan123 said:

We know this? 

Nah, it's specualtion picked from Auspex Tactics, who picks from the Adepticon video and sunday preview declarations

Gonna merge demon engines and vasshtor one tho, makes more sense in order to let a detach free for Night Lords (100% unconfirmed yet, but fair to be expected)

Posted (edited)

24 minutes ago, danodan123 said:

We know this? 

It was mentioned when the army boxes were announced that the codex would have 8 detachments, one of which would be cultist focused. Personally, I would expect 

• 5 detachments that correspondence to the remaining legions
  • 1 detachment corresponding to red Corsairs
  • Vashtor detachment
  • Cultist/Lost & Damned detachment.

Supposedly Slaves to Darkness is sticking around as the Wordbearer detachment.

Edited by Kaiju Soze

9 hours ago, skylerboodie said:

I'm intrigued as to the price GW will charge for this single cultist firebrand, considering they were charging £20 for all 8 not long ago.  How cheap are their 40K single minis these days, at least £17?

Screenshot_20240506-003024_Chrome.jpg

Yep cheapest characters are £19 (GW price) now so apparently those 8 cultists are worth £1.

In case anyone hasn't seen the discussion elsewhere, the Coming Soon article mentions 48 datasheet cards. There are currently 49 units in the Index. Swapping Noise Marines and Lucius for the Jumplord and Firebrand, this means one more unit is going. Speculation says either Huron or the Exalted Champion will be cut from the roster due to lack of readily available miniature.

11 hours ago, Indy Techwisp said:

This got stealth cut, btw.

It just disappeared from the store when they rolled over to the new version.

Which is particularly odd since I've bought a box of these guys from a GW store since that happened.

It's also concerning because that Implies there's also no longer any Grenade Launchers or Autoguns for Cultists as well, all options they've had since the literal very first Cultist sets.

Also very concerning for me as a TSons player because we can ONLY take the Autogun cultists, not the Pistol ones.

Bad news, it's been gone from the webstore for a while now

The previous version of chaos cultists (Dark Vengeance box set) were far superior in design imo. Their aesthetics made them also more suitable to be included in Necromunda despite the annoying "every model is a Necromunda model" meme.

I would buy another 20-man box of those immediately, if they ever came back. You never run out of need of proper cannon fodder models.

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Kaiju Soze said:

In case anyone hasn't seen the discussion elsewhere, the Coming Soon article mentions 48 datasheet cards. There are currently 49 units in the Index. Swapping Noise Marines and Lucius for the Jumplord and Firebrand, this means one more unit is going. Speculation says either Huron or the Exalted Champion will be cut from the roster due to lack of readily available miniature.

Maybe both, and we get a new datasheet for either ranged cultists on a repackaged box, or the Night Lords from KT

(yes, Im coping so hard I cant even breathe)

Btw, got the prices on the suff.

image.jpeg.231bc52d59a1940afd232e25ccd34e84.jpeg

Guess the firebrand is for MTO.

Edited by Garrac