Cool model, happy for MK2 in plastic, but i hope they keep the overlapping plates on the legs, much prefer those to these new leg design. Not to picky tho, i want a squad of 20 of each mk for my Night Lords and if this gets me closer to MK5 i'll be a happy boy. 

(also, do proper MK7 Tactical rescales GW i beg of thee)

Just now, thesarge44 said:

Cool model, happy for MK2 in plastic, but i hope they keep the overlapping plates on the legs, much prefer those to these new leg design. Not to picky tho, i want a squad of 20 of each mk for my Night Lords and if this gets me closer to MK5 i'll be a happy boy. 

The rumour goes that MKIII in Burning of Prospero was originally MKII, but they couldn't get the all-around overlapping plates to work with the injection moulds and is why we ended up with MKIII. Dunno if there's any merit to it, but it might also explain why a 'redesign' of MKII occurred here ahead of the inevitable plastics if that is true.

Just now, Lord Marshal said:

The rumour goes that MKIII in Burning of Prospero was originally MKII, but they couldn't get the all-around overlapping plates to work with the injection moulds and is why we ended up with MKIII. Dunno if there's any merit to it, but it might also explain why a 'redesign' of MKII occurred here ahead of the inevitable plastics if that is true.

Fair enough. I'm not to hung up about the re-design, i prefer the legs of the originals, but these still look distinct enough from MK3 to be interesting at least. Wonder if they'll redo MK 4 first so they can ditch the current kit. My favourites were always MK3/5/7 anyhow but a proper legion should have all marks included imo, makes it feel more immersive. 

4 minutes ago, thesarge44 said:

I'd argue the overlapping design was forge world misinterpreting the original metal mini which had this same design of riveted plates touching edges.

Screenshot2024-03-21150919.thumb.png.f4654b3e8855dae94ffb7d4bbaacfba5.png

The rivets definitely make it easy to misinterpret.

An interesting note from Steve May, the former GW designer, on Instagram here:

Screenshot2024-03-21at14_54_29.png.d20a112cc10d8892d67033cf3abfe3c1.png

45 minutes ago, Lord Marshal said:

Yeah, unless there is a creative solution like they did for the Mk VI pauldrons, that problem won't have gone away I guess?

6 minutes ago, Marshal Rohr said:

Do you think the hair in helmet topknots is the actual marines hair?

It has been in past models. At the time I pointed out that was a weak spot someone could get stabbed through.

White Scars MKVI Heads