8 hours ago, thesarge44 said:

Cool model, happy for MK2 in plastic, but i hope they keep the overlapping plates on the legs, much prefer those to these new leg design. Not to picky tho, i want a squad of 20 of each mk for my Night Lords and if this gets me closer to MK5 i'll be a happy boy. 

(also, do proper MK7 Tactical rescales GW i beg of thee)

In some rumored greater plans, HH would cover post-Horus stories and units, practically releasing warhammer 32K, 33K, etc. New plastic mk7 would arrive that day. No earlier than new mk 2,4 and 5 though.

I really like this miniature. I hoped to see this fella welding a medusan zweihänder instead of that blade but...nobody is perfect!  Aximand will get an own miniature and profile with rules. I'm quite sure of that, and maybe, whi nows even Brion Henricos.

7 hours ago, Agramar_The_Luna_Wolf said:

I really like this miniature. I hoped to see this fella welding a medusan zweihänder instead of that blade but...nobody is perfect!  Aximand will get an own miniature and profile with rules. I'm quite sure of that, and maybe, whi nows even Brion Henricos.

The contents page for the new book was posted in the thread for the book. Aximand is the only other character that we’ve not seen yet with rules in there. 

8 hours ago, OttoVonAwesome said:

So he's an earth man who railed against Chogorian influence in the legion but all his bling is extremely Chogorian?

Hibou didn't rail against Chogorian influence in the legion that I know of. Maybe you are thinking of Torghun. He was the one who always wanted to be a Luna Wolf.

If we want to be really nitpicky he should have the White Scars symbol removed if he's Sagyar Mazan but that'd be an easy conversion.

Edited by AutumnEffect

Only saw the warlord trait now, it's also actually very interesting (aka, good). Rampage 2 adds up really fast, especially on units like vets/chosen command that don't have bulky.

From the preview of aximands rules and the leaks of the small command squad it looks like they're getting more comfortable with giving out useful and impactful abilities. Gives hope for an eventual balance pass on some of the underperforming things. 

2 hours ago, SkimaskMohawk said:

From the preview of aximands rules and the leaks of the small command squad it looks like they're getting more comfortable with giving out useful and impactful abilities. Gives hope for an eventual balance pass on some of the underperforming things. 

Aximands rules were previewed?

I absolutely love this sculpt. Just about everything about it is perfect, and it's seriously tempting me to consider some kind of Sagyar Mazan zone mortalis force. I think those lose access to all non-Infantry Heavy Support, but as part of a boarding action force that might not be so bad. If I have any issue with the sculpt, it's that of the two leather drapings over his tabard, one seems to continue through his belt, and the other (on his right) looks like it's weirdly floating?

17 hours ago, OttoVonAwesome said:

So he's an earth man who railed against Chogorian influence in the legion but all his bling is extremely Chogorian?

IIRC, the Khan is noteworthy for forcing the adoption of a ton of Chogorian influences in the Legion to help unify what was, before his discovery, a Legion composed of a bunch of individualistic path-finding forces. He also made them adopt Chogorian names. I'm not actually sure, but I'd guess that Hibou's face paint is a throwback to before the Khan?

4 hours ago, 1ncarnadine said:

I absolutely love this sculpt. Just about everything about it is perfect, and it's seriously tempting me to consider some kind of Sagyar Mazan zone mortalis force. I think those lose access to all non-Infantry Heavy Support, but as part of a boarding action force that might not be so bad. If I have any issue with the sculpt, it's that of the two leather drapings over his tabard, one seems to continue through his belt, and the other (on his right) looks like it's weirdly floating?

IIRC, the Khan is noteworthy for forcing the adoption of a ton of Chogorian influences in the Legion to help unify what was, before his discovery, a Legion composed of a bunch of individualistic path-finding forces. He also made them adopt Chogorian names. I'm not actually sure, but I'd guess that Hibou's face paint is a throwback to before the Khan?

I believe the face paint is supposed to be from part of his atonement period, but I think you're pretty spot on for why he's got so much Chogoris bedecking him.

Great character and a great model. I had been racking my brain trying to source parts for a Hibou kitbash based on the artwork which inspired this very model but only managed to get together a few components, mostly on account of the lack of models in MKII. I'm pleased he's getting a model though secretly annoyed that my kitbash is put to bed. I will almost certainly buy two and use the spare one for another White Scars conversion.

Honestly seeing characters like Hibou get a model gives me hope that some of the other relatively minor characters from the Heresy saga might receive models too.

**Hibou keeps autocorrecting to Hobo, which in some ways is quite appropriate.

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/21/2024 at 8:05 AM, thesarge44 said:

Cool model, happy for MK2 in plastic, but i hope they keep the overlapping plates on the legs, much prefer those to these new leg design.

I wonder if there is a way to convert the more plain default Praetor into Hibou, and vice-versa

1 hour ago, The Scorpion said:

I wonder if there is a way to convert the more plain default Praetor into Hibou, and vice-versa

image.png.7a50d8c6630c91b3670493dbc5a28210.png

They essentially are already equipped the same so just...change the head and thats it.

On 4/9/2024 at 1:31 PM, Slips said:

image.png.7a50d8c6630c91b3670493dbc5a28210.png

They essentially are already equipped the same so just...change the head and thats it.

It is a bit trickier if you also want to switch the weapons, because of the posing, but yeah should not be too hard