Supposed info leaks from GW

27 minutes ago, Halandaar said:

Anyway, regarding removal of factions, the Grey Knights thing doesn't even make any sense. Sure if they were going to just remove them from the whole game then that's one thing, but what is gained by preventing them from being run as a standalone army but maintaining them as an allied choice for other armies? They'd still have to write and print rules for them so why not just sell a Codex? 

Frankly the idea that GW would do the design work to enable people to run GK units and then not take the opportunity to sell it to us in a premium-priced hardback book every three years gives this whole thing away as absolute nonsense.

I agree that these rumors are nonsense, but for the rules/codex thing they could be lumped into an agents of the inquisition style codex. I would hate that, but that would give them a way to still sell a codex and models but not have to make them a standalone army.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/2/2024 at 11:49 PM, Helias_Tancred said:

Oh good. I know a guy that went hard into Beastmen. I felt bad for him with what has happened. 

The Old World is decent. :biggrin: it´s just that annoying re-basing.. Or some trays.. Atleast they are playable, and pretty good there.. But yeah, it sucks when they do that.

2 hours ago, Karhedron said:

The cynic in me thinks GW was trying as hard as possible to discourage people from simply digging out their old WHFB armies.

I'm normally very cynical about these things but given the depth of thought given to the non-core army lists (even Chorfs!) I'll give them a pass on this on Old World almost exists to solely let people dig out those old armies. The rebasing can be a pain, but the larger sizes are a quality of life improvement IMO.

On the topic of the leaks, I can't say I believe them. Reads as mostly wish listing and nonsense to me.

6 hours ago, Karhedron said:

The cynic in me thinks GW was trying as hard as possible to discourage people from simply digging out their old WHFB armies.

Well they are a model making company, and not a gaming company…

4 hours ago, Doobles57 said:

I'm normally very cynical about these things but given the depth of thought given to the non-core army lists (even Chorfs!) I'll give them a pass on this on Old World almost exists to solely let people dig out those old armies. The rebasing can be a pain, but the larger sizes are a quality of life improvement IMO.

On the topic of the leaks, I can't say I believe them. Reads as mostly wish listing and nonsense to me.

Was it just to let people to dig out their old armies, or is beta version/1st edition just to hold people over and placate them until the real game along with all new models and unit ranges are released?

AOS also started off letting people use all of their old WHFB armies, and now look at what they’re doing.

Don´t think the same applies to The Old World really. Depending on how successful, they might start redoing some stuff, but for now it seems like the plan is to sell different (old) models from AoS to those that want to play classical Warhammer Fantasy 8and i love having those models back!)

Alot of it builds on nostalgia and replacing, and invalidating those models, now on sale, would give it a new feel I imagine. it might happen, but not anytime soon? Pretty sure they make a huge profit selling old models, the moulds pulled out, already paid for and with prices adjusted for inflation... Sounds like printing easy money?

I'd look at MESBG rather than AoS when trying to predict how TOW will go. It already looks a lot like Middle-earth, actually: Troop kits from 20+ years ago that never stop going up in price, supported by character models from Forge World. Occasionally there's something new in plastic, and it spearheads a bunch of reboxing, a MTO window and possibly some books. I think that's what TOW is going to look like too.

Yeah - something like that. But! I played 6th Ed, still, just did not have all the models I "needed". And i still regard that as the best edition. Even if ToW dies. We will probably keep playing 6th Ed (or TOW?) the way we did before it came back. i don´t, nor do many of my gaming friends, need current support from GW.. We have what we need, now.. ;)