2 hours ago, Maschinenpriester said:

I also think an upgrade  sprue us inevitable.  I thinknit will contain new weapon options like a noise pistol. maybe a Chem needler. Something like that. Besides of the typical stuff like a power sword (maybe a spear)   of course. 

Chances are the upgrade sprues will only be for the non-cult legions, seeing as EC are about to become a standalone faction with a completely distinct model line.

3 hours ago, Trysanna said:

While I'd absolutely love to see some sonic Terminators, I will go into a murderous rage if World Eaters are the only Chaos Marine faction to not get a dedicated Terminator kit. 

The conspiracy theory is that WE did not get Red Butchers because Termies were getting rescaled, and Chaos had to wait to get rescaled Termies until after loyalists got theirs, so that Chaos players would not get any illusions about our status as second class gaming citizens. Which is what it is, the back of the bus is comfy. As long as we actually do get legion specific Terminators with our 10th codex. Which is far from guaranteed.

Grain of salt and all that; but, as with most conspiracy theories, there’s always a small chance that it might be false.

Edited by Rain

1 hour ago, Rain said:

The conspiracy theory is that WE did not get Red Butchers because Termies were getting rescaled, and Chaos had to wait to get rescaled Termies until after loyalists got theirs, so that Chaos players would not get any illusions about our status as second class gaming citizens. Which is what it is, the back of the bus is comfy. As long as we actually do get legion specific Terminators with our 10th codex. Which is far from guaranteed.

Grain of salt and all that; but, as with most conspiracy theories, there’s always a small chance that it might be false.

I can also imagine that between eight bound and exalted eightbound, adding a 3rd unit of "big guys on 40mm bases with axes" might not have had much appeal.

58 minutes ago, Mogger351 said:

I can also imagine that between eight bound and exalted eightbound, adding a 3rd unit of "big guys on 40mm bases with axes" might not have had much appeal.

This is why hate Eightbound. No one asked for those, but because they exist, they take the place of units that people actually would want.
Same as Primaris blocking the Mk7 upscale forevermore. We were so close to glory, but nah, someone in management had to empty his bowels all over us to prove to the board that he is creative.

5 minutes ago, The Scorpion said:

This is why hate Eightbound. No one asked for those, but because they exist, they take the place of units that people actually would want.
Same as Primaris blocking the Mk7 upscale forevermore. We were so close to glory, but nah, someone in management had to empty his bowels all over us to prove to the board that he is creative.

Yes, exactly! No one asked for Eightbound or Jakhals. Regular Possessed and Cultists painted red would have been fine.

The three biggest asks WE players had were Red Butchers (Terminators), Butcher Surgeons, and Jugger riders, and we went zero for three.

6 minutes ago, The Scorpion said:

God what I wouldn't give for an upscaled Mk7 kit. I'd sell a kidney and half the organs of everyone on this forum.

I think the pattern was there and demonstrated earlier in the thread that we could expect a chaff unit and a box of three elite things, I'd expect a terminator unit too down the line but at the newer scale and almost certainly not a copy of the heresy red butchers because of all that crossover blocking nonsense.

Blood crushers would have had me back on the WE train like a powerful moss though lol

15 hours ago, Trysanna said:

God what I wouldn't give for an upscaled Mk7 kit. I'd sell a kidney and half the organs of everyone on this forum.

Etsy for upscaled legs, slap em on the current tab squad(while stocks last) and you're all good. 

Did it with some Mark IV for heresy. 

7 hours ago, Noserenda said:

I think the pattern was there and demonstrated earlier in the thread that we could expect a chaff unit and a box of three elite things, I'd expect a terminator unit too down the line but at the newer scale and almost certainly not a copy of the heresy red butchers because of all that crossover blocking nonsense.

Blood crushers would have had me back on the WE train like a powerful moss though lol

What’s funny is that in 9th, WE had a strat called “Red Butchers” which would apply permanently at the start of the game to a unit of Terminators, buffing them. The little fluff blurb described them as being “entombed” within their armor, so they were clearly the same RB as the Heresy.

The Lord Avocado art has Jugger riders in the background.

So many teases.

Back when World Eaters got release I made a similar table to the one earlier in the thread, but instead of equating the 3-man HQ kit with the 3-man squads I compare the unit type (like possessed, terminator, etc.)

58mkg4znmjia1.thumb.png.57a12cb4605dc8de118bcdfff9b78980.png

I forgot this site compresses this hard.

Edited by Nephaston

2 hours ago, Nephaston said:

Back when World Eaters got release I made a similar table to the one earlier in the thread, but instead of equating the 3-man HQ kit with the 3-man squads I compare the unit type (like possessed, terminator, etc.)

Aside from my gripes about the lack of WE Terminators, I was also sad to see a lack of Daemon Engines for T-Sons and WE. Daemon Engines were always such a unique part of Chaos, I want more funky little dudes. 

4 hours ago, Jings said:

Etsy for upscaled legs, slap em on the current tab squad(while stocks last) and you're all good. 

Did it with some Mark IV for heresy. 

Yeah, I've been looking around and have my eye on a few kits. Artel W also has some good stuff, I'm just trying desperately to stay focused on my Night Lords. 

11 hours ago, Noserenda said:

What does this mean. What power does moss hold over you.  

Edited by Trysanna

3 hours ago, Nephaston said:

Yes, Eightbound were clearly *instead* of Terminators and Juggerlord was the equivalent of the LoC of Exalteted Sorcs. Smacked of being insecure WE players would re-buy new Termies/HQs

On 4/16/2024 at 5:13 PM, TheMawr said:

he has Eldar on Q4 or Q1 (was summer when he first mentioned EC for Q4) , Agents and Blood angels Q 3 and Krieg Q 1. ( thoug

What have I done now? :laugh:

I made a video with my own opinion that the secret codex could have been EC, but of course that is defiantly Agents of the Imperium with the recent leaks we have seen. When it comes to Krieg, I heard Q4 this year but also Q1 next year, as I state when I do these type of videos, I don't care when it drops I just know its dropping in 10th Edition.

Also I have no idea when the Eldar drop is coming, just heard wave 2 rumours along with Votann :)

1 hour ago, Tyriks said:

=][= This thread is for discussion of the EC index, not what other armies you like or dislike, or release history. Stay on subject. I've hidden some posts that did not. =][=

Agree. But I do fear that the range design philosophy (or lack thereof) might screw over the Third Legion on release.
People mentioned it before: EC is noise marines. EC is  also flamboyant duelist melee. But Noise marines aren't melee, There is a lot of potential for a fumble in faction design. At least the index guarantees that they are getting a release.
And I believe the release will be sooner rather than later, since WE got the exact treatment. Index in WD, then full codex.

On 4/19/2024 at 4:27 PM, Trysanna said:

Me too fam. Me too

8 hours ago, The Scorpion said:

People mentioned it before: EC is noise marines. EC is  also flamboyant duelist melee. But Noise marines aren't melee, There is a lot of potential for a fumble in faction design. At least the index guarantees that they are getting a release.

Noise marines in 8th (I don't know about 9th) still had an extra attack over regular chaos marines and could be kitted out in chainswords. Plague Marines have a good mixture of melee and ranged options. Noise marines could get the same treatment. But I would expect them to lose access to Legionnares and only be able to take noise marines when the codex does drop. The other three did.

9 hours ago, The Scorpion said:

People mentioned it before: EC is noise marines. EC is  also flamboyant duelist melee. But Noise marines aren't melee, There is a lot of potential for a fumble in faction design.

Might be missing your point, but that's the misconception, many of the EC are noise marines, but not all of them, and similarly, not all noise marines are Emperor's Children. There are still plenty of non-NM EC's about. Even then in previous editions, NM's could take melee weapons and were great in melee as they had I5 and fought before marines. I guess the fumble would be if they flanderised EC's to make them be only noise marines, and all new units just be screaming noisers, as that's the low hanging fruit?

I'm imagine something more like the HH Inductii, flamboyant with sabres and duelling etc, but I think whatever we do see will have 'upgrades' like shriekers. 

Edited by Xenith

We as ordinary humans really struggle to understand the Cult legions, as we are not ancient bio-engineered monsters who has been touched by a god. What we know is true is that all Cult legion marines follow one god, but there are also marines that are close and similar to the Noise marines, Berzerkers, Plague Marines, and Rubrics in other legions. Some have defected to other legions, Abaddon seem to welcome anyone who swears his loyalty to him. The only Cult marines that are originally coming from one legion are the Rubrics, as Ahriman made an error with his spell. But when it comes to Noise marines I have a feeling they are rare outside Emperor's Children warbands. The original Noise marines grabbed an orchestras instruments and supercharged them. 

When it comes to the Noise marines I have the feeling that hey are the Elite troopers, not uncommon, but absolutely not in the majority of the legion, most of the legion are just very weird Marines that embrace debauchery and crave for the next high. To become a Noise marines might be the goal for many of the Emperor's Children, fueled by envy and lust for the weapons, but other might lust to get even more powerful things, which I think most of them do. Becoming a champion, a lord, a sorcerer, or even become eternally damned as a daemon prince. They willingly embrace the gifts that Slaanesh gives them, the mutations, the drugs, and/or the experiences of battle and near deaths. They still strive to be better, be more cruel and experiment on how to inflict more pain and misery on others and themselves, just to please their god and to fuel their debauchery.

To fall to Slaanesh is easy, many of us are closer to falling without knowing it, our piles of gray plastic is the evidence. But I will try to explain in an easier fashion. The first time you had a Hamburger, you probably had it in one of those cheap fast food joints that litter our planet, it was good, maybe even the best thing you have had, but then you tried one with cheese, and suddenly that paddy between two slices of bread was kinda boring. You start to try other burgers, with dressing, bacon, and even try to dip the fries in the ice cream, finding out was might be the best combination. Some stop here, content to go back to the same fast food joint year after year. But one day you get a burger from a place that has used other kind of beef, maybe you understand that the fast joint burgers are dull. Now you strive to find the best burger in town, the fast food joints are not interesting any more. When it comes to burgers this is fine, if you don't start to travel the planet for the most perfect burger, because then you might have fallen and turned your burger eating to a an obsession, and if you start to kill people for a burger then you have really fallen. This can be applied to anything really but drugs, gambling, sex and other vices are the ones we think of as they are culturally "bad". 

But apply this to a Space Marine, who lives for so much longer, and only have one real reason for existence, to go to war, he will now try to become the best soldier trying to either kill in the most glorious way, find the most terrifying enemy or seek out new ways to get himself almost killed, just for the kick out it. If he is an original Emperor's Children, he has seen and fought almost everything, he has changed out his armour and weapons countless of times, the wear and tear of an armour over 10k+ years of warfare must be tremendous. His body is changed with mutations, and countless of scars litter his body. When it comes to sonic weaponry, it has probably gotten a bit boring for him, but the god has cursed him to use it for eons, other Marines in his vicinity has realised that maybe excelling in other weapons are better, like the sword, the spear, the fist, and the axe. Because now they can change the weaponry and find new ways to kill. An Emperor's Children Marine who kills a Blood Thirster with his bare fists has probably come to his ultimate high, What is more dangerous? A primarch, the emperor, a titan? He will try to find the more dangerous thing to kill in the most flamboyant fashion.

Sure Noise Marines could be a Battleline choice, but also ordinary squads of Marines should be Battleline, with either a choice of close combat weaponry or a bolter variant. Give them a new and fun terminator variant, and also want to see the 3.5 option to change out combi-bolters to sonic weaponry. I still miss my Blast master bikes. Give them an original champions with option drug infused enhancements. Don't give them ordinary cultists, make the cultist either fanatics or slaves, one that gets better after it has been reduced to half (fanatics) fulled by the fear and pain, or so weak and feeble that he are always in cover, can't use stratagems, can't use transports, but can be used as suicide bombers (d6 mortal wounds in close combat twice per battle or something similar). A new weird daemon engine, I have no idea what it should do, but chaos has too few weird daemon engines. Maybe a "havoc" squad with blast masters. The option to change out vehicle weaponry to sonic ones (3.5 again).

Now I need to stop my rambling.

Cpt.Danjou

Edited by Cpt.Danjou
cleaning up spelling and errors.

I feel I shouldn't need to say this but Noise Marines aren't the same as Kakaphoni.

The latter are the hyper juiced Sonic guys, the former are Marines who sometimes have Sonic weapons and are just incredibly loud.

I'm pretty sure this is even mentioned in one of the codexes.

So I'm expecting the Noise Marines kit to have Sonic Weapons, Bolters and Chainsword/Pistol options, with the unit card saying something like "All models may swap their Bolters for Chainsword/Pistol. Any model way swap their Bolter for a Sonic Weapon" or something like that.

Edited by Indy Techwisp

Don’t forget people Fabulous Bile has created a perfected, uncorrupted marine that has a true likeness to Fulgrim

maybe we’ll see some Phoenix boys coming in as a dedicated guard unit for Fulgrim

I think people expecting regular chaos marine squads for Emperors children need to look at all the other cult legions are their complete absence there. I expect theyll tighten up noise marines too into some choice between pure noise weapons and a melee build with shriekers.

What i really want is a Drummer support weapon though :D 

Also, for reasons covered in the Fabulous bill series, i really would not expect to see Clone-grim in the codex. (Read them, they rule!)

Edited by Noserenda

2 hours ago, Indy Techwisp said:

I feel I shouldn't need to say this but Noise Marines aren't the same as Kakaphoni.

The latter are the hyper juiced Sonic guys, the former are Marines who sometimes have Sonic weapons and are just incredibly loud.

I'm pretty sure this is even mentioned in one of the codexes.

So I'm expecting the Noise Marines kit to have Sonic Weapons, Bolters and Chainsword/Pistol options, with the unit card saying something like "All models may swap their Bolters for Chainsword/Pistol. Any model way swap their Bolter for a Sonic Weapon" or something like that.

Noise Marines and Kakophoni are the same thing, but not all EC are Noise Marines. The Fabius Bile trilogy covers this pretty well. NM are a separate cult within the EC who are devoted to the “Song of Slaanesh” and attempt to recreate this “song” through their sonic weapons, and sonic implants.

The first Noise Marines were the Kakophoni, created when a corrupted rememberancer that visited the Laer temple played part of the Song of Slaanesh during an orchestral performance for the EC legion. The Astartes that heard it were enraptured and started trying to recreate it using sonic weapons, and the cult of the Song of Slaanesh spread from there, with its followers being Noise Marines.