9 hours ago, LSM said:

Index: World Eaters came out in White Dwarf 477 (June 2022) with Codex: World Eaters in February 2023. (Eight months.) 

(Which is not to say that a Codex: Emperor's Children is eight months away.)

Indeed. If it was 8 months for Khorne's servants it should be 6 for Slaanesh. :wink:

Posted (edited)

I considered interesting doing a brief synopsis on Valrak's latest video on his whispers of the warp cos it hits home to me. It's about the Emperor's Children! All of these are sortof obvious, but it's nice to see the waters flowing.

So, as Valrak himself once said, rumours are rumours, nothing it's true until GW says otherwise:

-New Fulgrim model (as stunning as the FW one)

-New Lucius

-No new Eidolon

-New noise marines

-New Slaanesh cultist-like unit

-New catrafractii-like terminators

-Some new aditional stuff on the way

-PICK IT WITH LOTS OF SALT, GW DATES ARE UNTRUSTWORTHY: all comes out by the end of 2025

Again, everything seems pretty obvious to me. Feel free to add more tidbits from the video if you want.

Edited by Triszin
added the link to the source

3 minutes ago, Garrac said:

This would follow the same pattern as DG's 40k Deathshroud being in a different terminator armour type than their HH version to make people avoid using them in both games. EC Phoenix terminators use Tartaros.
Althought there are a few images of EC Cataphractii in Visions of Heresy:

main-qimg-98e59114fe31596e871aa08b5a495e3d.jpeg.70693263fb1c7a34c8f06eb24b34cc6d.jpeg

I feel that the sleek Tartaros look would suit them more, but I can see GW going either way. Any type can be fitting to a Legion with the right decoration. 

I personally hope they really nail down the "perfection and excess" angle. I don't want the models to be particularly mutated. Would rather see beauty and grace.

Fulgrim will be interesting as this is the 1st instance of already having a Daemonic Primarch model. The resin version already looks great.

1 hour ago, Garrac said:

I considered itneresting doing a brief synopsis on Valrak's latest video on his whispers of the warp cos it hits home to me. It's about the Emperor's Children! All of these are sortof obvious, but it's nice to see the waters flowing.

So, as Valrak himself once said, rumours are rumours, nothing it's true until GW says otherwise:

-New Fulgrim model (as stunning as the FW one)

-New Lucius

-No new Eidolon

-New noise marines

-New Slaanesh cultist-like unit

-Some new aditional stuff on the way

-PICK IT WITH LOTS OF SALT, GW DATES ARE UNTRUSTWORTHY: all comes out by the end of 2025

Again, everything seems pretty obvious to me. Feel free to add more tidbits from the video if you want.

Without throwing too much shade here, but anyone could literally come up with this.

• Daemon Primarch akin to Angron, Mortarion and Magnus
  • Update to existing models to replace the resin / finecast (Lucius and Noise Marines)
  • Non-Astartes cult unit comparable to Jackals, Poxwalkers and Tzaangors
  • Terminator unit comparable to Scarab Occult, Blightlord and Eightbound* 
  • Other additional stuff, completely vague

I think the only actual information here is that it's out in the next 18 months. Everything else follows a fairly standard template to the other Legions.

*I know technically Eightbound aren't Terminator units, but they're pretty darn close if you ask me.

Posted (edited)

Feels very much like the kind of safe cult legion template guesses that appear before rumours actually start to solidify closer to a release date, but still very exciting to ponder.

No Eidolon would be a pity but not a shock. EC Terminators in Cataphractii would be awesome and I love the idea of some hulking Sonic Cult Terminators as a contrast to other more lithe units. I'm sure the Fulgrim will be great but I very much doubt it will be 'as stunning as the FW one', Fulgrim Transfigured is simply spectacular and Sam Egan is in a league of his own. But it will be nice having a Daemon Fulgrim in a more user-friendly medium.

8 minutes ago, m_r_parker said:

I think the only actual information here is that it's out in the next 18 months. Everything else follows a fairly standard template to the other Legions.

I'd hesitate to even call that actual information given there are about 2 years left in the edition. I think most of us are expecting EC to appear towards the tail end of the edition similar to Thousand Sons in 7th and World Eaters in 9th, so late next year sounds about right

Edited by Marshal Loss

2 hours ago, Garrac said:

Seems to be a pattern: Calling 11th edition in spring 2026

Posted (edited)

The rumour seems reliable.

As far as the new HQ and no Eidolon bit, I am kind if expecting either a generic HQ or some new character conjured from the aether because some sculptor felt like it (Lord Invocatus), or a dual kit. Would have preferred Eidolon but c'est la vie.

Real question is what the fate of the EC and WE will be, future big waves or the kinda sad half-birth that has been the TSs lot for 3 editions now.

I will still hope for fallen Palatines, Sunkillers, Noise Marines on Motorcycles or an EC take on the Mad Max guitar lunatic on a vehicle thingie.

Edited by StrangerOrders

39 minutes ago, Cenobite Terminator said:

If EC get new cult terminators WE players will go nuts.

Its not impossible WE wave 2 comes this edition. Fingers crossed for you guys

32 minutes ago, StrangerOrders said:

The rumour seems reliable.

As far as the new HQ and no Eidolon bit, I am kind if expecting either a generic HQ or some new character conjured from the aether because some sculptor felt like it (Lord Invocatus), or a dual kit. Would have preferred Eidolon but c'est la vie.

Real question is what the fate of the EC and WE will be, future big waves or the kinda sad half-birth that has been the TSs lot for 3 editions now.

I will still hope for fallen Palatines, Sunkillers, Noise Marines on Motorcycles or an EC take on the Mad Max guitar lunatic on a vehicle thingie.

I dont know why, I never really gelled with Eidolon, I'd much rather a reimagining of Doomrider (new bike, new sword, no head). Hell-Choppers seems like it would be right down Emperor’s Children alley imo.

Palatines could be a thing depending on how they did them, but can't see them creating a second shooting unit for Sunkillers.

A tank with the Mad Max guitarist would be a fun counterpart to the Sisters' organist ^^

4 hours ago, lansalt said:

This would follow the same pattern as DG's 40k Deathshroud being in a different terminator armour type than their HH version to make people avoid using them in both games. EC Phoenix terminators use Tartaros.
Althought there are a few images of EC Cataphractii in Visions of Heresy:

main-qimg-98e59114fe31596e871aa08b5a495e3d.jpeg.70693263fb1c7a34c8f06eb24b34cc6d.jpeg

Well, actual models of 30K deathshroud are much much more smaller than 40K deathshroud. Usually you don't want to use the former as proxy of latter, anyway.

33 minutes ago, LSM said:

Hmm... per the WarCom article on Codex: CSM's detachments, Creations of Bile is not among them.

Sign of things to come? (When Bile wasn't said to be in the Index I thought he'd be staying a notable part of CSM, but maybe not...)

That would be 5 datasheets less on the CSM if Huron and exalted champions also leave+Lucius and noise marines. Room to speculate on 2 new datasheets, I guess? Probably 2 of them will stay, tho

What I'm most curious about is how they're going to differientate 40k Fulgrim from the HH one. The other 3 Chaos Primarchs designs have been pretty tame in comparison, so it would be cool if they make him have a really weird appearance.

I see the Valrak rumours thread has been merged with the Index news thread - would it be cheeky to ask for them to be separated again, since it's two different topics?

@Chapter Master Valrak How sure was your source that the EC Terminators were Cataphractii? I'm just wondering if they could be... Saturnine. 

In your latest video, you mention hearing that there's a Horus Heresy box set with MkII marines and Saturnine TDA. While the fandom has referred to the old-hammer TDA as "Saturnine", we don't actually know that's what it looks like. 

The Lexicanum page on TDA mentions that the HH rulebook says that "Saturnine pattern was made available after the MKVI Power Armour, during the latter stages of the Horus Heresy." It also quotes an old WarCom article which states that "Little is known about the origins of [Saturnine] Terminator suits other than that they were conceived at a similar time as the Indomitus and Tartaros patterns. Functionally, there is little difference between Saturnine and Indomitus armour, so it is believed that any divergence in design was largely aesthetic. However, few examples of this pattern are known to still exist."

Recently, in other topics, I'd seen it brought up that the Death Guard and Thousand Sons Terminators "flipped" patterns between their established 30k models and their plastic 40k ones. (ie. Deathshroud went from Tartaros to Cataphractii; Sehkmet are Cataphractii while Scarab Occults are Tartaros.) I'd seen the suggestion that this was to force people to buy new models, but to me it seemed more natural for it to be a design decision to keep the look of the factions unified. Plague Marines are known for MkIII power armour, therefore "Plague Marine Terminators" make the most sense in Cataphractii (which shares much of the MkIII aesthetic).* Likewise, Rubric Marines are in MkIV, therefore their Terminators get Tartaros pattern armour.

MkV armour (which Khorne Berzerkers tend to be in) has a helmet which is reminiscent of Indomitus' helmets, so I could see Red Butchers being in it. (Likely to the chagrin of World Eaters players - though the "little Cataphractii pads" that the Khorne Berzerkers use on their bare arms suggest otherwise.)

But that leads me back around to the HH rulebook positioning Saturnine as a MkVI-associated pattern. If Noise Marines come in modified MkVI (which I'd say they're expected to be), could Noise Marine Terminators be in some new sort of Saturnine TDA?

*Though they also work in a bunch of Indomitus pieces - particularly shoulder pads - in the Blight Lords kit.

On 5/8/2024 at 6:01 PM, LSM said:

@Chapter Master Valrak How sure was your source that the EC Terminators were Cataphractii? I'm just wondering if they could be... Saturnine. 

In your latest video, you mention hearing that there's a Horus Heresy box set with MkII marines and Saturnine TDA. While the fandom has referred to the old-hammer TDA as "Saturnine", we don't actually know that's what it looks like. 

Not sure how certain any of them are, mate, that's the thing with rumours, I personally think its true because of other details from the past.