CSM 10th edition Unit of the week: Chaos Land Raider

CSMBANNER4.jpg.d771c7720e3d4946668bddad951862ca.jpg

CSM 10th edition Chaos Land Raider

This is a topic about Chaos Land Raider in the 10th edition.

• Do you use them?
  • How are you using them?
  • Do you think they perform well?
  • How do you equip them?
  • Do you attach them to any specific unit?
  • Is there a detachment that they are extra crucial?

Other Unit of the Week for Chaos Space Marines can be found in the link below.

Chaos Space Marine Unit of the Week Links

I haven't fielded one yet, but they seem... okay.  They have nice anti-tank firepower and are somewhat more resilient than a predator, but cost about twice as much.

Essentially, land raiders have the same problem as they have always had - they have the two contradictory roles (in 40K at least) of main battle tank and transport, and pay for both.  Which makes for an expensive model where you likely don't make best use of all of its capabilities.

All in all, its basically 2 predators and a rhino taped together, with essentially the rhino "for free" but without the versatility and survivability of having 3 separate models.  My gut says that the 3 models are better, even at the increased price, but the landraider isn't horrible.  I'm sure I'll field mine again at some point.

EDIT:  I do think that if you are wanting to take advantage of their troop capacity, that the raiders detachment is the best, not so much for the transport related stratagems (which they do benefit from, but so do their main and cheaper transport competitor, the rhino) but because the assault rule lets you move as far as you can (which you typically want to do with a transport) and still shoot its many weapons.

Edited by Dr_Ruminahui