CSMBANNER4.jpg.d771c7720e3d4946668bddad951862ca.jpg

CSM 10th edition Chaos Rhino

This is a topic about Chaos Rhinos in the 10th edition.

• Do you use them?
  • How are you using them?
  • Do you think they perform well?
  • How do you equip them?
  • Do you attach them to any specific unit?
  • Is there a detachment that they are extra crucial?

Other Unit of the Week for Chaos Space Marines can be found in the link below.

Chaos Space Marine Unit of the Week Links

Never ever leave home without one! For several games my Rhinos have been the most important unit, Transporting, taking objectives, blocking line of sight, Tank shocking, and also taking a wound or two with their Havoc launcher, and Combi-bolter. 

I don't think there is one detachment they don't belong in, and for 75 points they are awesome. 

There is some downsides to them, the model is old, feels a bit small, to be fair, not that chaos looking, even with the "spikey-bit sprue". and I hate to assemble them. 

Cpt.Danjou

I have to agree with everything you said, great unit, old model. Hopefully we get an update at some point in the near future.

We're gonna be waiting on a dedicated Chaos Rhino Chassis for as long as Codex/Divergent LSM still have Firstborn minis.

Once they're all Primaris'd away and LSM get some kind of new Caul-pattern Hover Rhino, then CSM/Cults can get a properly "Chaos" Rhino.

We're gonna be waiting on a dedicated Chaos Rhino Chassis for as long as Codex/Divergent LSM still have Firstborn minis.

Once they're all Primaris'd away and LSM get some kind of new Caul-pattern Hover Rhino, then CSM/Cults can get a properly "Chaos" Rhino.

@LSM I hope you have gotten rid of all your first born Loyalist Space Marines, Chaos needs a new Rhino!!  

Of course its a Joke, but when I read the above post my first thought was "Why is @LSM so important to GWs production of vehicles?" Then it dawned on me LSM means Loyalist Space Marines. 

Cpt.Danjou

I used three recently in a 2000pt list and they are phenomenal. I would consider running two or three in 1000pts even. I love transports and the little tricks I’ve been learning with them in the current edition. When I used to play Eldar in 3rd/4th ed I ran a lot of Wave Serpents and Falcons but found them super expensive as a speed boat. I like the smaller size of rhinos and the low points cost since people aren’t as interested in killing them after things disembark, and there’s not as much of a need to randomly move 36” across the board or whatever eldar does these days if you deploy well. There are some dirty but totally fair spatial tactics with rhinos that make them really fun. Kind of a thing that experienced opponents look at and go “oh crap you’re taking three rhinos”…

I can't justify using the old small model that is the loyalist one with spikes. I agree with the sediment that the loyalist one needs to get primaris'ed so chaos can get their own proper chaos rhino, predator and land raider kits. Those kits are over 20 years old now, and getting new ones would greatly benefit chaos space marines and all 4 cult Legions.

@LSM I hope you have gotten rid of all your first born Loyalist Space Marines, Chaos needs a new Rhino!!  

Of course its a Joke, but when I read the above post my first thought was "Why is @LSM so important to GWs production of vehicles?" Then it dawned on me LSM means Loyalist Space Marines. 

Cpt.Danjou

Heheh, yeah. Took me a few days myself figuring out how 'Whisp was using it.

(My LSM is for The Lord Solar Macharius - younger me was a big fan of 2001's Execution Hour by Gordon Rennie.)