CSM 10th edition Unit of the week: Chaos Terminator Squad

CSMBANNER4.jpg.d771c7720e3d4946668bddad951862ca.jpg

CSM 10th edition Chaos Terminator Squad

This is a topic about Chaos Terminator Squad in the 10th edition.

• Do you use them?
  • How are you using them?
  • Do you think they perform well?
  • How do you equip them?
  • Do you attach them to any specific unit?
  • Is there a detachment that they are extra crucial?

Other Unit of the Week for Chaos Space Marines can be found in the link below.

Chaos Space Marine Unit of the Week Links

I've used squads of 5 Chaos Termies in Renegade Raiders and Dreadtalon detachments. Termies are solid melee units that work well in conjunction with other units. Like most other folks I include 3 powerfists and a chainfist and then add other weapons according to my preferences--it's the powerfists and chainfists that do most of the heavy lifting anyway. Sometimes they deepstrike and sometimes they walk up the board.

Their shooting is meh compared to previous editions. But their re-rolls are really nice when I remember to use them.

Edited by Tallarn Commander

This edition they are definitely meant to be fighting infantry instead of vehicles I feel, they just don't have the strength to damage most things at least that's been my luck with them. I still try to include them as I love the unit, but man I wish they got something to help with popping tanks.

Pactbound Zealots runs them well. 5+ crits synergize well with the re-rolls of the unit's Despoilers ability. Losing D3 wounds due to a failed Dark Pact test does hurt alot, but you can get some good damage with them. Terminators benefit well from the Tzeentch stratagem to revive models and the Slaanesh stratagem to give them advance and charge. I like to run them with a Terminator Sorcerer.

That said, they're still not a top-tier competitive unit. There is a reason you don't see them often in tournament lists.

Edited by Gree