Jump to content

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Dark Shepherd said:

Fun irony of the limited edition codex not selling out is someone is going to have to melt down all those metal Salamanders icons

 

Or find all the hidden Raven Guard icons.

9 hours ago, Dark Shepherd said:

Fun irony of the limited edition codex not selling out is someone is going to have to melt down all those metal Salamanders icons

Its a beautiful book that will be completely invalid in 3 years and is insanely priced.  Its like over $400. 

Edited by Marshal Mittens
4 minutes ago, Marshal Mittens said:

Its a beautiful book that will be completely invalid in 3 years and is insanely priced. 

Knowing current GW it´s already invalid before anyone gets it to their hands. Erratas out the wazoo lately due to rushed productions

Between Armageddon, Leviathan and poor impulse control (can it be poor if I don't have any?) I've got a fledgling blood angels force. 

 

Do I need the marine codex or will the blood angels supplement suffice? I'm fine either way I'm just not 100% so thanks in advance for clarity :)

35 minutes ago, 01RTB01 said:

Between Armageddon, Leviathan and poor impulse control (can it be poor if I don't have any?) I've got a fledgling blood angels force. 

 

Do I need the marine codex or will the blood angels supplement suffice? I'm fine either way I'm just not 100% so thanks in advance for clarity :)

As of next Saturday you'll need just the marine codex, with BA specific stuff free to access in an index.

 

There will be a BA book coming at some point, no idea if it's a stand alone based on wording used, or a supplement.

8 hours ago, Mogger351 said:

As of next Saturday you'll need just the marine codex, with BA specific stuff free to access in an index.

 

There will be a BA book coming at some point, no idea if it's a stand alone based on wording used, or a supplement.

 

Much appreciated, thank you. 

22 hours ago, Marshal Mittens said:

Its a beautiful book that will be completely invalid in 3 years and is insanely priced.  Its like over $400. 

You could almost buy 2 shares in Games Workshop for the price of this book

2 hours ago, Dark Shepherd said:

You could almost buy 2 shares in Games Workshop for the price of this book

 

And unlike this book, the value of GW's shares only goes up!

I got the codex in my hands and had a first look. Overall really impressive I have to say. There is a lot of art and of course model pictures. All the background around organisation, creating a marine and so on. I've seen (not read yet) some short story snippets, too. There are painting and collecting guides and a double page with a war gear overview so newcomers know which weapon is which. There are a lot of shiny golden Aquila's and trims throughout the book which I find look really cool. Well that's a proper Codex Astartes time I would say.

 

But as there is nearly no mentioning of the divergent chapters at all I guess they will get their own codizies and not supplements. If I remember correctly they were at least introduced within the main C:SM or was this a in earlier editions codex? At least there are not mentioned within the fight founding chapters.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   1 member

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.