Fluff Competition

goggen

Ok, I'm not going to have much chance to check over the weekend, so I'll have to make it a hard one...

From which member of Navy personnel would you get an offer you couldn't refuse? Looking for name, rank/title, and their current posting

I'll PM the answer to dwarflord1, in case someone gets it before monday.

The question is maddeningly vague as there are any number of people in the Imperial Navy (anyone of higher rank for a start) who it would be a good idea not to turn down their 'offers'... ;)

But I have to go with Jimmy. It sounds like the thing that the Apostles said when they induct a new air ace into their number in Double Eagle.

So my guess is Wing Commander Seekan of the 101st Apostles. In Double Eagle by Dan Abnett (admittedly set several centuries before the 'current' date) they were fighting on Enothis.

The relevant quote would appear to be from page 106:

'If you are invited to become an Apostle, Jagdea, you're not allowed to decline.'

Huzzah! Next real question this evening. Until then, does anyone know what happens when this thread exceeds 99 pages? Does anyone know the secret password to disable the 100 page self destruct mechanism? ;)

Grey Knight Posted Today, 05:57 PM

there's a 100 page self destruct!?! BY THE EMPEROR'S DETERIORATED FIRING MECHANISM WE'RE DOOOOMED! EXTERMINATUS!!!

by saying that yor wasting another post space! ARRRGH!!! SO AM I *puts bolt pistol to head... BANG!*

Archived