Task Force Armageddon

Koyote

please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, can we have a whole army shot???

Im Sorry but why the Hell would anyone tank your Comp score for this? I think this is a great list. I would love to throw my Wordbearers aginst this army. It would be "Hella!" fun.

Here you go Morticon:

1850 points Blood Angels Space Marine Army GT

HQ

Master of Sanctity

two lightning claws, grail, jump pack, frag grenades, rosarius; 3+D3 death company, bolt pistol and ccw, jump packs, frag grenades  = 286 points

Troops

10-marine Tactical Squad

mulit-melta, melta gun, bolters; vet sgt, power fist, auspex, bolt pistol  = 202 points

10-marine Tactical Squad

mulit-melta, melta gun, bolters; vet sgt, power fist, auspex, bolt pistol  = 202 points

10-marine Scout Squad

bolt pistols and ccws; vet sgt, power weapon, melta bombs  = 158 points

6-marine Tactical Squad

lascannon, plasma gun, bolters; vet sgt  = 130 points

6-marine Tactical Squad

lascannon, plasma gun, bolters; vet sgt  = 130 points

6-marine Tactical Squad

plasma cannon, plasma gun, bolters; vet sgt  = 135 points

Fast Attack

10-marine Assault Squad

2 plasma pistols, bolt pistols and ccws, frag grenades; vet sgt, power fist  = 260 points

2-Attack Bikes

heavy bolters, twin-linked bolters  = 100 points

Heavy Support

10-marine Devastator Squad

4 missile launchers, bolters; vet sgt, auspex  = 247 points

The Chaplain and Death Company can be pretty gross.

When this unit assaults, the Chaplain gets five, S5 I6 power weapon attacks that re-roll both 'misses' and 'to wound' rolls. In addition, each DC gets four S5 I5 attacks that re-roll misses. And once my opponent has been obliterated, the Grail allows this unit a 2d6" consolidation move, which either moves it out of harms way or even better, moves it into another enemy squad. :devil:

I would also question a chaplain being without one of his badges of office (the crozius arcanum), and ditto with the claim that a character slashing his foes with a pair of lightning claws can also realistically carry a grail filled with blood into battle. But then again, I'm pedantic about things that make less than stellar sense fluffwise but aren't prohibited by the rules. :devil: Call me the anti-Edwin :P

I armed by Chaplain with lightning claws because I thought it would add a cool conversion to an army sorely in need of some creative modeling. As for the crozius, I feel that the grail serves as a perfectly suitable badge of office. Finally, when a grail is carried into battle it is not filled with blood -at least not when the battle begins. <_<

I don't know your relative location koyote, but if you seriously sat down and painted something aweinspiring and elaborate, I think the painting style you have would go along way in a golden demon competition. It's almost cartoony. But not in a bad way at all. It's bright and colorful, not grim and moody like most 40k stuff.

I finished Brother Captain Icarus about an hour before my game Sunday. I took a shortcut on the blade and I'm not especially happy it. When I have time I will fix it.

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i200/10011970/icarus1.jpg

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i200/10011970/icarus2.jpg

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i200/10011970/icarus3.jpg

A few years ago I played in a GT that required each player bring 3 messenger models so I added some backpacks, pouches and scrolls from the Mordheim accessory sprue to some otherwise worthless Scouts (shotguns suck) and there you have it, 3 Blood Angel messengers. :blush:

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i200/10011970/msg1.jpg

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i200/10011970/msg2.jpg

As for the crozius, I feel that the grail serves as a perfectly suitable badge of office.  Finally, when a grail is carried into battle it is not filled with blood -at least not when the battle begins.    :D

Heh, I know there's a picture of it on the cover of 3rd ed. BA codex, and one inside 2nd Ed Angels of Death, and it's even valid in the fluff, but I personally can't imagine anyone other than a SHP with the grail. It's their symbol of office, after all - the personification of their role as living bearers of Sanguinius' legacy.

I would beg to differ on the issue of the grail not being filled with blood - read the story about the Blood Angels' assault on a traitor marine force (from the Eye of Terror / Black Crusade campaign a couple of years ago) when the Bloodthirster took off the chaplain's arm which was holding the Grail. The Blood Angels were momentarily shocked into inaction at the sight of Sanguinius' blood spilt on the ground, before the chaplain bellowed the Rite of Exsanguination, at which the Death Company went berserk and hacked the Bloodthirster to pieces ;)

... some otherwise worthless Scouts (shotguns suck)

Couldn't agree more. I bought a couple in a state of OMG-cool-new-miniatures excitement and really can't see them being used as they are... :blush:

... but I personally can't imagine anyone other than a SHP with the grail. It's their symbol of office, after all - the personification of their role as living bearers of Sanguinius' legacy

Then you need to stretch your imagination my friend. ;)

Besides, I don't care for SHPs -even less so after reading those Blood Angel novels.

I would beg to differ on the issue of the grail not being filled with blood...

I'm not going to argue fluff with you as different authors contradict one another all the time. Instead, I suggest we use a practical example to resolve this. Go home tonight, fill up your Sponge Bob Squarepants collectors cup with red Kool-Aid, take your crozius off your mantle and then go into the back yard and fight a few rounds of hand-to-hand combat with some of the neighborhood Khorne Bezerkers. If you survive the battle AND fail to spill a single drop that yummy fake-fruit drink on the Emperor's lawn, I will gladly concede the point.

Does this sound fair? :blush:

Besides, I don't care for SHPs -even less so after reading those Blood Angel novels.

I've avoided them thus far. Sounds like I should continue to avoid them... :blush:

SHP: Here you go, Chaplain. Please don't spill it, since it contains the combined blood of we Sanguinary High Priests. Bring it back when you're done with it. Cheers.

If you survive the battle AND fail to spill a single drop that yummy fake-fruit juice on the Emperor's lawn, I will gladly concede the point. Does this sound fair?  :D

They must have added a lid to the Grail to prevent spillage, after all the millenia! ;)

They must have added a lid to the Grail to prevent spillage, after all the millenia!

Heretic! :blush:

How dare you suggest that the Sons of Sanguinius partake of the sacred vitae from a toddler's sippy cup.

Please report to the closest Inquisitor for atonement and the disposal of your remains.

Brother Cpt. Koyote! Please do not dis the noble SHP because of their poor depiction in those, far less than deserving, novels. By all means, pass by the unit in your own games if you so choose but not the concept itself.

Besides, I

Thanks Chaplain Jacob.

My technique for painting red power armor can be found HERE. You will need to scroll down some.

I have also written a basic painting tutorial that can be found HERE. It's long, but it contains some good basic tips.

You have ruined my life, in a good way...

Like so many other good painters have done, you've inspired me :wacko:

Infront of me I have an ultramarines army in need of repaint, a SW border patrol and a Ravenwing test mini. Shotrly they will be replaced by a BA CAPTAIN!!. :P

But I must say I like being inspired by your modles, they are very good, tutorial please...

Archived