Task Force Armageddon

Koyote

My Scouts usually perform brilliantly -I believe Mordekiem can attest to this. The trick is to be very mindful of their deployment and support them with other assault elements.

Grumble grumble. Pain in the <blank> scouts. They are the unit that causes me the most problems. The rest of the army and even the Death company is hard as nails, but those scouts are brutal!

Koyote has a really well balanced army. My Templars have had a hard time of it. He can outshoot me so I can't just hang back, but if I try to assault then he ties me up with his assault and DC then finishes me off with the basic tactical squads. Our games have come to the point where we are both moving around trying to position our forces so we end up with more units charging than the other. I just wish I could add a Devastator squad to my BT to equal out our shooting. :angry:

Really nice army koyote, I love the guy in blue armour, fabulous!

Thanks Sara.

I finally picked up the frame I am going to use to make my display base. It won't be anything fancy, just a flat textured base to put my models on so I can try and squeeze out a few extra painting points.

Looks like Task Force Armageddon will fit on it quite nicely. I may even have room to include a name placard. B)

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i200/10011970/baseWIP.jpg

EDIT: On second thought, I may get some one-inch foam insulation and make two raised areas in the rear quarters to elevate my Devs and Scouts.

It doesn't look right. Mail it all off to me and I'll take it off your hands. I guess you'll have to start fresh. B)

Progress! :P

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i200/10011970/progress1a.jpg

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i200/10011970/progress1.jpg

All that's left to do is add the static grass.

** EDIT: One last layer of static grass and it will be done.

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i200/10011970/process2.jpg

Nice one kyote top notch :devil:

I keep looking ta other armies and going to my self "wow i could colleect the new eldar, orks, chaos, dark eldar ect ect ect."

then i look at this thread and go "nah ive got 30 BA's sitting next ot me ot paint!"

Thanks Chaz. I for one, think you should finish your Blood Angels first. Then again, I may be a bit bias. ^_^

The display base is done. Now I just have to figure out a way to get it to Chicago in one piece. ;)

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i200/10011970/done.jpg

Ugh! Finished the fluff for the tourney. I'm not a big fan of this aspect of the hobby, but it's worth 5 points, so I can't take a pass on it. :o

The fluff references the events of the Ironman XI tourney and explains why Task Force Armageddon has left the Armageddom warzone.

++++ TRANSMISSION ++++

Transmitted: Strike Cruiser Divine Right, Armageddon System

Destination: Lord Commander Dante, Tower of Blood, Baal

Date: 8431999.M41

Transmitter: Astropath Prime Adeon

Receiver: Astropath-terminus Antiphus

Author: Brother Epistolary Faust, Third Company

Thought for the Day: A righteous death is its own reward

It is with the deepest regret that I report the death of Brother Captain Icarus. This planet

Hey Koyote, how'd you like Games Day?

I'm glad I got to see Task Force Armageddon in action, against a Godzilla army no less! It was a blast meeting you, OMG, and Garnash (?), as you say, it's nice to have faces to match the tags.

I hope your army fared well, it sure looked great.

- Damocles

Hey Koyote, how'd you like Games Day?

I'm glad I got to see Task Force Armageddon in action, against a Godzilla army no less! It was a blast meeting you, OMG, and Garnash (?), as you say, it's nice to have faces to match the tags.

I hope your army fared well, it sure looked great.

- Damocles

I had a great time and it was good meeting everyone, but sadly I didn't fare as well this year as I have in past tournaments. I inflicted a 'massacre', 2 'major victories' and suffered 2 'minor losses.'

Effectively removing sportsmanship and composition significantly changed the level of competitiveness -a change that I arrogantly assumed that I could overcome with a balanced army and experience. This assumption proved to be wrong. :P

Next year it will be different. I am already crafting a "competitive" army. :D

It was great meeting you Damocles. Congrats on making first cut with your mini.

Garnash? I think you might mean Ganesh, the multi armed elephant deity. :D

I'm glad someone brought this up. I was going to ask you about your extra arms and trunk, but I thought it impolite, so I refrained. ;)

I'll post some pics and more info later in the week. B)

Thanks again for showing us around and the game at the bunker OMG.

GAME 1

Opponent: Tau

Mission: Take and Hold

Level: Omega

My opponent was a great guy with a beautiful army and a cool, illuminated display base. His basing material is wall paper.

His army only included 2 Troop picks, but was in no way an abusive list. His unit selection was based primarily on models that "looked cool."

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i200/10011970/tau.jpg

Bottom of Turn 1:

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i200/10011970/G1a.jpg

TURN 1

The Pathfinders' Devilfish on the far right is destroyed by a lascannon.

TURN 2

The Pathfinders' Devilfish on the far left is destroyed by a lascannon.

The Stealth Suits on my far left are assaulted and driven off by the 10M Tact squad.

Hammerhead #1 arrives.

TURN 3

DC arrive and assault the fleeing Stealth Suits -giving them a few more inches toward the enemy.

Assault squad and Librarian arrive.

Crisis HQ and Bodyguard arrive and start to snipe my las/plas on far right.

Tau Piranah arrive and move in front of Fire Warriors (left side) and by turn 5 both are destroyed by Devs.

Hammerhead #1 is destroyed by a lascannon.

Hammerhead #2 arrives.

TURN 4

Scouts move through the rocks to rush across the lava and assault the drones that survived the destruction of the Devilfish and the (surviving) Broadside which moved forward on turns 1-3. Drones and Broadside destroyed.

DC assault the Pathfinders hiding in the wreckage of the Devilfish. Pathfinders destroyed.

Crisis HQ and Bodyguard finish off las/plas and move towards objective, taking shots at 10M Tact in center of table.

Hammerhead #2 moves onto objective.

TURN 5 (last turn -ran out of time)

Scouts and DC assault Fire Warriors. Fire Warriors destroyed.

Assault squad and 6M plas/plas move within 12" of objective.

Hammerhead #2 is destroyed by the Assault squad's plasma pistols.

Crisis HQ and Bodyguard move within 12" of objective.

FINAL SCORE

Blood Angels win 1516 to 672 -Crushing Victory

For the most part his tactics were sound, but his die rolls were exceedingly unlucky. Take and Hold is tough mission for Tau. On this table, all of the rocks were size 2, so his vehicles had nowhere to hide.

Garnash? I think you might mean Ganesh, the multi armed elephant deity. :D

Or you might mean me, Gaganius. :D

Whoops :wink:

But who's saying you're not a god? :D

Koyote, keep those battle reports coming! I only saw one game.

Oh, and thanks for the congrats. I plan to have many more entries next year!

GAME 2

Opponent: Eldar Swordwind

Mission: Recon

Level: Gamma

His army:

2 Farseers w/ Fortune

2 units Scorpions in Wave Serpents

1 unit Banshee in Wave Serpents

2 Falcons w/ scatter laser, star cannon, shuriken cannon, holo-fields

1 unit Warp Spiders

2 units Fire Dragons (in Falcons)

This is a game I would like to forget. Everything seemed to go my opponent's way. Not only was it a Recon, my bane mission, but it was played at the Gamma level, which allowed my opponent to start with everything on the board. To make matters worse my opponent won the roll for first turn, which meant that: #1 I lost a much needed extra turn of shooting and #2 I lost the opportunity to score penetrating hits against his fast skimmers.

Top Turn 1:

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i200/10011970/G2a.jpg

TURN 1

He aggressively moved his Wave Serpents forward.

His Falcons tore up my 10M Tact squad in the open.

My ill-luck continued and both my Devs and one of my las/plas squads raged. This effectively cut my firepower in half. Consequently, I was only able to shoot down a single Wave Serpent (Banshees).

TURN 2

He disgorged his Scorpions and shot up my lines with his Falcons and Wave Serpents.

My Devs raged again!!! I was too far away to assault his troops with my own, so I inched forward and prepared for to counter-attack. The rest of my shooting was ineffective. I lost count of the 2s and 1s I rolled.

Meanwhile his Spiders and my Scouts (which were in his deployment zone on the far right of the table) were shooting it out. I lent the Scouts some fire support from my plas/plas squad. The Spiders used their teleport ability to jump back and forth, staying just out of my Scouts assault range for the entire game.

Bottom of Turn 4:

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i200/10011970/G2b.jpg

TURNS 3-5

The battle devolved into a huge swirling melee around the rocks that my Devs were deployed. Even though the Falcons and the initial assault by the Scorpions and Banshees thinned my numbers, I used what few resources I had left to eliminate all three of his assault elements and either kill or drive off his Farseers.

He counter-attacked with a unit of Fire Dragons, but my Chaplain and Librarian made short work of them. My Librarian, which had wounded himself with an earlier perils of the warp test, suffered two wounds from the Fire Dragons. I rolled a '1' and a '2' for his armor saves.

My poor luck continued and after 3 more turns of shooting I was only able to down a single Falcon. The holo-fields were killing me!

The Spiders eventually lost the gunfight and fled off the table, but my Scouts were reduced to a non-scoring strength.

Top Turn 6:

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i200/10011970/G2c.jpg

TURN 6

Without any troops to shield him, my Chaplain and the survivors of my last las/plas squad were mercilessly gunned down by the Falcon and the Wave Serpents.

FINAL SCORE

Eldar win 1857 to 1340 -Solid Victory

I ended the game with an intact plas/plas squad and 3 Scouts.

He ended the game with 2 Wave Serpents, 4 Fire Dragons and a Falcon. Both of his scoring units were in my deployment zone, which gave him the points to push a very bloody 'Draw' to a 'Solid Victory.'

Abysmal die rolls aside, my opponent knew exactly what he was doing and took advantage of every opportunity that presented itself. He was a VERY good player.

Jeez, tough luck there Koyote. And the Devs raging so many times... :angry:

But, it sounds like you lost valiantly to a good opponent, who pushed a Draw into Victory territory.

Still looking forward to your other games, as always.

-Damocles

Archived