Task Force Armageddon

Koyote

Just stay out of my way as I dominate the bottom 25th percentile. Pick another portion of the rankings to claim as your own.

You have been warned :rolleyes: :ph34r: :unsure: ;)

LOL! :lol:

Thanks for the warning. I will do my best to stay as far away from your staked-out ranking as possible. ;)

This will most likely be determined by how much beer I consume the night before. :wacko:

• 2 weeks later...
Koyote is being modest. He gets his magical gaming powers from beer.

OT speaks the truth. My gaming prowess stems from my many years of experience and Pyramid Hefe Weizen. :tu:

My Librarian went toe-to-toe with a Templar Marshal Friday night and as expected, both Space Marine heroes meted out the Emperor's justice. The end result: one dead Marshal and one dead Epistolary. This got me thinking, in lieu of an Iron Halo, a much less expensive familiar may not be such a bad idea after all. Hmmm..?

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i200/10011970/familiarWIP.jpg

That's a sweet mini: I presume that's the Imperial equivalent of the Yellow Pages he's lugging about.. :blink:

"Hi, you've reached Plumbing Marine Bob. If your pipes are blocked by Xenos waste, press 1; for Heretical scum, press 2; Eldar cone heads, press 3, for all other blockages press 0..."

I still haven't had time to put any paint on my new Chaplain or familiar, but I have assembled my last two new rank and file Blood Angels. Both models are armed with lascannons. Bored with the fixed pose of the SM lascannon model, I have made a some simple changes.

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i200/10011970/laswip1.jpg

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i200/10011970/laswip2.jpg

To lower the lascannon I cut the left hand off the lascannon bit and clipped the power feed cables from the shoulder pad so the cable could be realigned with the output on the backpack. I then rebuilt the rear half of the shoulder pad with green stuff.

Koyote, I'm impressed by your librarian conversion (not to mention paint job). Did you cut off the whole shoulder pad with the arm or just the storm bolter arm itself? I think with the jumpack and paint it really takes that model to a whole new level.

Koyote, I'm impressed by your librarian conversion (not to mention paint job). Did you cut off the whole shoulder pad with the arm or just the storm bolter arm itself? I think with the jumpack and paint it really takes that model to a whole new level.

Thanks.

I removed the left arm and shoulder pad. The portion of the ammo feed to the stormbolter that runs along the left side of the body had to be removed as well. The left arm was replaced by a plastic 'left pistol arm' from the Assault Marine sprue and a metal BA/DC shoulder pad with the raised blood drop.

I probably should have done something a bit more with the jump pack, but eh, table top quality is good enough for now. :lol:

They are some beautiful models there. I should realyl paint my unpainted Ba. I dont think i can get red spray over here in Australia. Im think i'll enter the GT with my Ba and see how i go. I like ther style of your painting its very clean and it makes the models look like there very proud.

I have added a second Death Company Veteran Sergeant to my army.

I have been playtesting my army for the last month or so and on occasion I found myself coming up short on Death Company. Never a huge fan of the metal Death Company models, I just couldn't bring myself to paint another one, so instead I dug through my boxes of unused models and pulled out one of the new metal Space Marine Veterans. He seems to have made the transition from grizzled veteran to power weapon swingng lunatic quite nicely. :huh:

http://webpages.charter.net/paulboulet/Koyote/DCvet.JPG

sorry to put the pic in again. but which model is the base for this? and does he have the funky chest straps or are they your own invention.

They are some beautiful models there. I should realyl paint my unpainted Ba. I dont think i can get red spray over here in Australia. Im think i'll enter the GT with my Ba and see how i go. I like ther style of your painting its very clean and it makes the models look like there very proud.

Thanks PAC. The skull on the chest of this model and the black armor of all my Death Company need one more layer of highlights, but overall I like the way they turned out.

Overall, Blood Angels do very well in tournaments. I suggest you get to painting so you can see for yourself. :P

sorry to put the pic in again. but which model is the base for this? and does he have the funky chest straps or are they your own invention.

Lord_Maggot correctly identified the model. A picture of the model can also be found on the back of Codex: Space Marines.

I removed the chainsword and replaced it with a power sword from the plastic Space Wolves Accessory sprue. The wolf skull on the blade was modified to look more human by cutting off the end of the snout. The right arm was taken from Space Marine Squad Upgrade sprue.

In other news, I got a chance to test out my new GT list against an Ultramarine player last night. Predictably, all of the new models (which are still unpainted) suffered the curse of the new model. The squads with the new lascannons either raged or missed with the lascannon. Both the Chaplain-with-less-bling and the Librarian-with-familiar survived the battle, but their overall performance was less than stellar. Regardless, after turn 3 it was a rather one-sided game with the Ultra player calling uncle after turn 5.

The hero of the match was my Veteran Scout Sergeant. After my Scouts assaulted a 10-marine Dev squad and Techmarine in full servo-harness and flubbed the die rolls (only 2 casualties), my sergeant survived two turns by himself, cutting down the Techmarine and 4 Devs, before finally succumbing to a rain of blows from the surviving Devs. This plucky little fellow regularly outperforms his power armored brethren. :P

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i200/10011970/scsgt.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
They're awesome, given me some awesome ideas!

RL has been hectic as of late, but I am approaching a window of relative calm so I hope to have some progress to post very soon.

I got in a couple of practice games with my GT army this weekend.

On Sunday I answered a challenge from a CSM Nurgle/Undivided player: Gamma Seek and Destroy. Turn 1: His 270+ pt Landraider a smolder ruin. Turn 2: His 200+ pt Daemon Prince (d.flight, d.stature, manreaper, etc.) gets

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i200/10011970/laswip1.jpg

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i200/10011970/laswip2.jpg

These guys would look awesome holding beer mugs and clubs, because they look like they are about to rage thereby ignoring thier lascannons for a turn and commence the opening of a can off woop ass!

Either way these are some great posses, what counter weights did you use, surely the models can not stand as they are, the lascannon weight would make the models tip like trees without roots?

the lascannon weight would make the models tip like trees without roots

What term in english literature is that above, I cannot recall?

AA

Either way these are some great posses, what counter weights did you use, surely the models can not stand as they are, the lascannon weight would make the models tip like trees without roots?

The large metal backpack serves as a counterweight to the metal lascannon bit.

These models are fairly stable.

My technique for painting red power armor can be found here. You will need to scroll down some.

I have also written a basic painting tutorial that can be found here. It's long, but it contains some good basic tips.

Your talent is inspiring. I could look at your miniatures all day.

It looks like your guide to painting red power armor was lost in the crash. Any chance of you re-creating it or adding it to your painting tutorial?

Thanks for sharing all your hard work with us.

Thanks Crosscheck42. :)

I updated the link on the August 26th post.

Here is a duplicate.

My technique for painting red power armor can be found HERE. You will need to scroll down some.

I have also written a basic painting tutorial that can be found HERE. It's long, but it contains some good basic tips.

• 4 weeks later...

I finally found enough time to get these models finished.

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i200/10011970/lasx2.jpg

All that remains to do is a simple display base and I am ready for the Chicago GT. ^_^

Truly inspiring Koyote! I really enjoyed looking at all of your beautiful models. I find your decision to include heavy weapons unconventional (alot of BA players don't seem to like them) I am glad to see the use of scouts in your army list, how do you find them performing as a whole? Is there any chance you may be attending any of the tournaments up here in Canada? I would love to see your army in person and maybe even learn a thing or two. Cheers and keep the pics coming. :P

Thanks ursidae.

Regardless of what army I field, I prefer to strike a balance between assault and fire support elements. A DIY marine opponent I played Friday made the comment that I have just enough fire support to prevent him from simply sitting back and shooting it out with me but also a strong enough assault element to punish him dearly once he gets within arms reach.

Against specialized shooting armies, such as Tau or Guard, this clearly isn't the case, but all my big guns do help cover my advance and reduce the amount of fire coming back at me.

My Scouts usually perform brilliantly -I believe Mordekiem can attest to this. The trick is to be very mindful of their deployment and support them with other assault elements.

I have given some thought to attending the Vancouver Conflict, but I just don't know if I will be able to fit it into my schedule this year. I'm still teetering on this one.

I will bring my camera to the Chicago GT and try and get pics of all my opponents' armies this year. OMG may be able to help me out with this.

Archived