Task Force Armageddon

Koyote

Yoish !! Koyote- yeah man- that blue is incredible.

I know you've already come to this conclusion by yourself, but Libbies are sadly a MUST have. Especially with the advent of the UK style comp. So expect a LOT of Seer Council stuff. Its 15 points more and usually I would not bling a leader- but, that LD10 to fight off nasty psykers is again a must have.

Also, I would strongly advise against a second Assault squad for the fact that half your games will be escalation.

Also, Im with you on swapping out the multimeltas. If you had HB in your devs I would suggest lascannons in the tacs. The thing is, you may need the HBs more. (What about the bikers? Worth it?)

Im keen to get a more detailed report of what you found worked and what you would have changed. The fact that you're considering taking out the scouts means they possibly didnt do as well as hoped? Or that just me being presumptuous?

Grats on 3rd place by the way. I wish I could have seen it. Im broken I cant make it this year.

Next year though.

i was wondering, could we please have the recipe for that beautiful, beautiful blue? pleeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaase?

if you have already posted it somewhere before then i am very sorry ;)

The recipe is simple.

-White primer undercoat

-Regal Blue basecoat: Two thin coats to get a consistent color and a smooth finish.

-Mix Regal Blue & Ultramarine Blue for the highlights*: Each successive highlight includes more Ultramarine Blue. The final highlight mix includes a dab of Skull White as well.

*Remember: Thin your highlight colors to ease application and prevent unsightly buildup.

...I know you've already come to this conclusion by yourself, but Libbies are sadly a MUST have. Especially with the advent of the UK style comp. So expect a LOT of Seer Council stuff. Its 15 points more and usually I would not bling a leader- but, that LD10 to fight off nasty psykers is again a must have.

Also, I would strongly advise against a second Assault squad for the fact that half your games will be escalation.

Also, Im with you on swapping out the multimeltas. If you had HB in your devs I would suggest lascannons in the tacs. The thing is, you may need the HBs more. (What about the bikers? Worth it?)

...The fact that you're considering taking out the scouts means they possibly didnt do as well as hoped? Or that just me being presumptuous?

You bring up some very good points Mort.

I forgot about the random mission level. Escalation is a terrible rule and has no place in a competitive setting because 1) it favors defensive/shooty armies over offensive/assault armies and 2) the games are too easily decided by the player who gets the luckiest reserve rolls.

I decided to trade the MMs for the HBs for the extended range and to save a few points.

I dropped the attack bikes from my list ages ago.

My Scouts have performed well and on more than one occasion their suicidal bravery has been a game winner (I know a Chosen of Ahriman player who can attest to this ;) ). The downside to the Scouts is that their 4+ armor save makes them a relatively easy target. Replacing them with an Assault squad not only increases their endurance, but the mobility provided by the jump packs is invaluable. However, in light of the scenario rules for this tournament, the Scouts will remain in my list.

This is what my GT list looks like right now:

HQ

Master of Sanctity

two lightning claws, grail, jump pack, frag grenades, rosarius; 3+D3 death company, bolt pistols and ccws, jump packs, frag grenades = 286 points

Codicier

jump pack, fury of the ancients, bolt pistol, psychic hood, force weapon = 124 points

Troops

10-marine Tactical Squad

heavy bolter, melta gun, bolters; vet sgt, power fist, bolt pistol = 195 points

10-marine Tactical Squad

heavy bolter, melta gun, bolters; vet sgt, power fist, bolt pistol = 195 points

9-marine Scout Squad

missile launcher, bolt pistols and ccws; vet sgt, power weapon, melta bombs = 155 points

6-marine Tactical Squad

lascannon, plasma gun, bolters; vet sgt = 130 points

6-marine Tactical Squad

6-marine Tactical Squad

Fast Attack

10-marine Assault Squad

2 plasma pistols, bolt pistols and ccws, frag grenades; vet sgt, power fist = 260 points

Heavy Support

10-marine Devastator Squad

4 missile launchers, bolters; vet sgt = 245 points

Did you notice that if you drop all the 10 man squads and the scouts to 8 you can add one more dev squad?

6 devs, naked vet ( :devil: ), and 3 missile launchers if I'm correct. Or you could give them heavy bolters and give lascannons to the HB tacticals?

with just 3 wounds less :wacko: and abit less staying power :D you have a backup dev squad :angry: if the otherone rages, much more firepower :devil: and easier to hide squads :ph34r: ! edit: and bigger DC!

hope it helps! :)

RE

Koyote prefers the 10mans ;) Can't say I blame him ...they look damn good on field and stay around FOREVER. Personally, im playing 8s too. But....all about style.

Koyote- i HIGHLY recommend dropping 1 scout and finding 2 more points to make your libby an Epistolary. You dont even need to take a 2nd power- but get that LD10 !!

Interesting thoughts on escalation. I personally am in a love-hate relationship with it. I really, really enjoy the challenge of it and think it makes for exciting gaming. However, it does provide for immense frustration !

Very good point on the Lib there Mort; those extra pts mean a lot more than most IC's. +1 Psych tests and +1 more toward making an IC killer out of that force weapon.

I'm real partial to giving them familiars as well but the Furious Charge does the job as well.

It will be an honor to see this army perform first hand come July... B)

-OMG

Pretty nice list

The scout squad sarges load out is a bit weird, he has a power weapon and meltas? Why not just go with a fist instead?

The scouts are your only infiltrating unit, why not give them a bit of extra punch.

The only other thing I could see changing is using the points from the 9th scout on Missile launchers for the first two squads.

Koyote- i HIGHLY recommend dropping 1 scout and finding 2 more points to make your libby an Epistolary. You dont even need to take a 2nd power- but get that LD10 !!
Very good point on the Lib there Mort; those extra pts mean a lot more than most IC's. +1 Psych tests and +1 more toward making an IC killer out of that force weapon.

All very good points. The only place I see to squeeze out the extra points are the melta bombs on my Scout Vet. With the remaining 3 points I can give my Epistolary frags and my Dev Vet an auspex...

The absence of melta bombs makes my Scouts feel kinda naked. It will be sad if they have to leave the killin' of the Land Raiders to the other Angels. B)

**Edit: Oops! Promoting my Codicier to an Epistolary will cost me 15 points for the promotion AND an additional 6 points for the Fury of the Ancients upgrade. This means I need to find 21 points, not just 15. :huh:

A more radical solution is to take away my Chaplain's bling and use the points from the claws and the cup to upgrade the Librarian, buy back my 10th Scout and give my new Chaplain terminator honors...

Hmmm..?

I have had my eye on this model for some time now.

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i200/10011970/Chaplain.jpg

Yo yo- bro- you dont need the extra points for Fury. You replace that power with the +X points only- the first one listed. The second cost is for the 2nd power. You dont need a second power though.

As for the scouts- on the off side - you will lose less points when they get shot up or hacked up by other nasties :D

A more radical solution is to take away my Chaplain's bling and use the points from the claws and the cup to upgrade the Librarian, buy back my 10th Scout and give my new Chaplain terminator honors...

Hmmm..?

I have had my eye on this model for some time now.

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i200/10011970/Chaplain.jpg

I just started work on that very same model last week, and take my word on it, it's utterly and stunningly beautiful. I was lucky enough to get a perfect cast as well, not a single mould line on him. So I highly recommend you to check him out. Back's well formed for a JP as well.

EDIT:

Yo yo- bro- you dont need the extra points for Fury. You replace that power with the +X points only- the first one listed. The second cost is for the 2nd power. You dont need a second power though.

golly! Mort - you're completely right, and I never even noticed before now. My Epistolary just grew considerably cheaper. I used to have Fury + Fear at 24 points, now I can get them at 14 (by taking Fear as the primary power). Thanks! :D

+EDIT+ I changed the hot-linked image to a link, even though it's photobucket. -Brother Tyler

DOH!

Now I have 3 extra points.

No need to take away my Scout Vet's lucky melta bombs anymore. :)

HQ

Master of Sanctity

jump pack, terminator honors, death mask, frag grenades, rosarius; 3+D3 death company, bolt pistols and ccws, jump packs, frag grenades = 256 points

Epistolary

jump pack, fury of the ancients, bolt pistol, psychic hood, force weapon, frag grenades = 140 points

Troops

10-marine Tactical Squad

lascannon, melta gun, bolters; vet sgt, power fist, bolt pistol = 205 points

10-marine Tactical Squad

lascannon, melta gun, bolters; vet sgt, power fist, bolt pistol = 205 points

8-marine Scout Squad

missile launcher, bolt pistols and ccws; vet sgt, power weapon, melta bombs = 142 points

6-marine Tactical Squad

plasma cannon, plasma gun, bolters; vet sgt = 135 points

6-marine Tactical Squad

6-marine Tactical Squad

Fast Attack

10-marine Assault Squad

2 plasma pistols, bolt pistols and ccws, frag grenades; vet sgt, power fist = 260 points

Heavy Support

10-marine Devastator Squad

4 missile launchers, bolters; vet sgt, auspex = 247 points

Koyote, why do you with 10 and 6 man squads, instead of making both 8 man squads? Personal preferance? extra meat sheilds for the PFs?

The purpose of the 6-marine squads is to hold ground, provide fire support and contribute Veteran Sergeants to my DC. The purpose of the 10-marine squads is to take ground and if need be, contribute fire support.

I upgraded the heavy weapons in the 10-marine squads because I wish to equip one of the 6-marine squads with a plasma cannon and this left me with only 2 lascannons in my army. Think of the two lascannons in my 10-marine squads as an insurance policy. I may be paying extra for something I won't use every turn, but when disaster strikes, I will be glad I did.

The presence of a plasma cannon in my army will force my MEq opponents to spread out (thus limiting their flexibility of formation), and deter my opponents from deep striking with impunity.

Hindering your opponents movements and forcing them to make tough decisions is an important part of this game. :)

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i200/10011970/6thsq.jpg

Hindering your opponents movements and forcing them to make tough decisions is an important part of this game. :devil:

Well I hope I can come to the GT, I would love to play against you. My list is completely different from yours. Not a single lascannon, plasma gun or plasma cannon, I feel ... naked.

Koyote? At the Chicago GT? Hell yeah!

I won't be in the GT, but I'll be at Games Day. Between all the cool stuff happening, I'll definitely be keeping an eye out for your army. Not really hard to miss, is it?

Oh, and congrats on the killer list.

If any of you see my army at the GT, walk up and say 'Hi.' It will be nice to put some faces to the handles.

I got a little painting done this weekend...

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i200/10011970/libandscout.jpg

Things remaining on my Chicago Painting To-Do List:

1) New Chaplain -with less bling

2) Two marines armed with lascannons

3) Simple display base

4) Possibly a new Dev Vet armed with a power weapon

I still can't decide whether to use the extra 10 points to give my Chaplain a Death Mask or arm my Dev Vet with a power weapon.

I still can't decide whether to use the extra 10 points to give my Chaplain a Death Mask or arm my Dev Vet with a power weapon.

I'd go with the Death Mask, definitely. At a GT, you'll be feeding him to the DC for an extra Fist anyway, thus the Death Mask will prove more valuable to him than having a PW.

Thats a choice I would HATE to make.

After much deliberation I can honestly attest to the benefits of the DM.

In addition my argument is, if guys are getting into HTH combat with your devs- maybe you've done something wrong. (Although i understand the "have a gun not need it, need a gun not have it" argument.)

On second thought...

I feel that my converted Raptor-Chaplain has become emblematic of Task Force Armageddon, so I think I will use the extra points to re-equip him with lightning claws and keep original model. That knocks two things off my to-do list. :blush:

Here are some pics that were from posts lost during the great B&C crash of 06'...

Just prior to the Ironman tourney I FINALLY got around to putting a highlight on all of my bolters. :D

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i200/10011970/highlight2.jpg

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i200/10011970/highlight.jpg

This psychopath hasn't seen the table in a very long time and now patiently awaits Codex Xenos Hunter.

Good thing he does so in a stasis tube. B)

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i200/10011970/eversor.jpg

Koyote. I and the Angels Rampant will be carrying the banner of the Blood Angels forth at the GT. I will be tracking you down so we can get pics of our armies together for everyone here.

Just stay out of my way as I dominate the bottom 25th percentile. Pick another portion of the rankings to claim as your own.

You have been warned :D :) :D :P

Great army can't wait to see it in person.

Archived