For the Emperor

Guest No-One

Guest No-One

i just read the RG collab fluff thread and wanna do my own so heres the rules

.... battle against orcs (open for any scenario)

.... only the POV of battle brothers and maybe sisters

.... don't make too many characters only like 10 or 12 ok

OK people lets do this

Also you need to give people a lot more detail.

Perhaps where they are fighting? (planet, sector, time period)

Why they are there?

What for?

What chapters are involved?

You need more detail to flesh it out if this is to run smoothly

There are several around. The one in IA isnt just for RG players, they voted to do a RG vs Tau one, and I'm sure when that ends they will do a new vote. The Garren Project is one from the LA, havnt read much of it, so your gonna have to ask fuzzball (I think he started it) to see if you can join in now. Most of them are stemed from B+C Legio Planet Fall story idea.

Ferrata

To produce something like this

IA - Head of the Snake - Frater

Planetfall Alcmene - Ordo Literatus

LA - Garren Project - Frater

Basically, its a big story where it follows several different characters. Most of the time the action centers around them, but sometimes it doesnt. Planetfall is written by 4 mods who are in the Ordo Literatus, Aurelius Rex, Jokersminis, Rogue Trader and Several Concerned Cricketers. Head of the Snake was started by Several Concerned Cricketers for the IA forum to do. He generally just keeps it goin when it gets slow. Garren Project, I think is a bit more broader with a whole system under attack unlike the other two.

Enjoy, Ferrata

Guest No-One
ok story is blood angels vs orcs dont know what planet or system cuz i dont know much about the 40k universe

ok story is blood angels vs orcs dont know what planet or system cuz i dont know much about the 40k universe

Not to pee on your bonfire, but if your wanting to do this in Liber, you should let people use their DIY armies. If you want to do a Blood Angel one, then post it in the Blood Angel forum. The only way you could get one going in Liber is either do something like Garren Project where your doing several large battles using peoples DIY chapters, or a frater done Legio B+C. Of them two, I would think the frater done Legio B+C would be better as it would give people the chance to make their own Legio members.

Ferrata

Guest No-One
ok were doing a multi-chapter battle against an extremely massive orc waaaagh!!! force but i only want like 15 characters or so, only the P.O.V. of any type of marine, scouts, and maybe a sister or two. also only 4-5 paragraphs per post. i'll start with my character

Right, the Legio B&C is off-limits for now (except for the Planetfall: Alcmene storyline). We have plans...

Sorry Sir, didnt know it was off limits

Ferrata

Guest No-One

Persona: Furioso Ven. Dreadnought Mathiyas and his partner, a young Techmarine named Lucas

Mathiyas stared into the eyes of Techmarine Lucas, who was preparing to launch the drop-pod. "Are we going or not brother Lucas" Mathiyas said in a harsh, gargled voice. "patience venerable brother, we will depart shortly" with that Lucas turned and rested a hand on Mathiyas' armor. the Drop Pod catapult prepared to launch, Lucas strapped himself in and turned on his servo-harness. Mathiyas slowly recited the litanies of faith as the pod was launched....

Persona: Brother Amem, Grief Bringers 4th company.

Amem sighed and shook his head in disgust as he looked round the auditorium. Marines from numerous different chapters all stood, waiting, occasionally glancing up at the dormant pict-caster that dominated the vaulted hall, hoping it would come to life and provide the information they so desperately needed.

Along with the rest of his squad, and hundreds of other marines from brother chapters, Amem was waiting for the briefing prior to the drop to... the planet below. They hadn't even been told the name of the planet yet, there was no battle plan, and the closest to solid information they had was that it would be the Orks they were fighting. There had been none of the usual preparation - the briefings on the enemy dispostion, probable tactics and armaments, the environmental conditions they could expect planetside... They hadn't even been told the mission objective! Amem caught his sergeant's eye and shook his head again - this was a disaster waiting to happen.

A few minutes ago there had been the warning klaxon as a single drop pod had been deployed. Amem had no idea who had been aboard, he could only hope that whoever was in charge of this debacle would provide some kind of briefing so the poor souls in that pod wouldn't be all alone on an Ork planet for too long before the rest of the crusade forces deployed... if they were down there alone too long, there'd be nothing left to do but collect their gene-seed and return it to their chapter...

**Out of character**

If you want to run a fluff thread, you have to provide some information for any other contributors before you launch your character into the thick of the action. It doesn't matter that you don't know much about the 40k universe - make up a planet name - it's better for all concerned that it's not an official GW planet anyway. Take a look at SCC's first "in character" post in the IA collaboration - it sets the scene for everyone else to join in. Having a grumpy Dread deploying by drop pod doesn't give anyone else anything to work with, and the resultant fluff storm will be out of control, and ultimately, unreadable.

What I'd suggest is that we use this thread to co-ordinate the details of the campaign first, then, once the ground rules are established (where the fight is, why they're fighting, who the enemy are, who's in charge etc) we can start a new thread purely for the fluff... sound like a good idea?

Well, it's No-one's baby, but if he wants my help, I'm more than happy to offer it, be that in an active role as a writer, or a more passive overwatch role - co-ordinating and steering it back on track if things go astray....

Guest No-One
Mathiyas' drop pod slammed into the ground of the canyon. Odion was a planet that had variable temperatures and his objective was to secure this canyon for the battle base that would be set there. "Lucas, relay this to command" Mathiyas said. "This is Venerable Dread Mathiyas, i have been sent to clear the canyon at coordinates mark three-six-four-seven alpha sector" Lucas looked around, loading up his bolter and flexing his servo-harness "well it looks like we are gonna have some fun brother, today is a good day" Lucas said as he looked out before to the oncoming hoard of orcs. "haha my friend, today is a good day indeed" auto-cocking his his melta and stormbolter and flexing his massive combat gauntlets that Lucas had custom-made for him

How are chaos DIY's fitting into this? My Wings of Death wont be joining, as their busy on Nagorynth and are too small to be everywhere, but its a point that needs to be answer. My loyal army (which only exists as an idea and used in loyalist stories) the Emperors Tears will join in, but the whole idea needs more time put behind it before it is unleashed

Ferrata

Archived