For the Emperor

Guest No-One

Guest No-One
i dont know the DOW storyline but the orcs are in this because they think that the relic is their fallen Gork or maybe Mork

Just make sure you ask the mods if you can create another post looking for participants - safer that way especially as this one just managed to scrape throught due to the mercy of Neph <_<

Sorry guys, got distracted by dinner... mmm, curry ;)

Ok, first and most important point. Let's cool all this "new thread" talk (and I know you've already started another one <_< ) until we have concrete ideas - no point asking people to sign up for something without knowing what they're signing up for, is there?

So far, we seem to have a rip off of the DoW storyline. Surely we can come up with something better than that? ;)

Personally, I'd be inclined to drop the involvement of the Orks, and go for a straight Marine vs Chaos Marine battle. That way, we can easily establish a back story by setting it during the Thirteenth Black Crusade.

++edit++

I also don't see the point of you trying to limit the number of participants - why is it not open to every member of Liber Astartes? There's no need to set a sign up period either - so much the better if more people join later on - fresh blood keeps the ball rolling as older participants drop out

Guest No-One
ok orcs are dropped from the roster yeah your right new blood is always better <_< ok so someone should delete the other thread and wee should start thinking about the actual storyline

Guest No-One

the story basics

a relic is on Ordion, a massive chaos force wants it, the marines dont know about it and will find out later, and their first objective is to secure a battle outpost/starport

.... RT if you have any other ideas shoot for it i have no problem with changing these basics

Ok, let's go back and see if we'd answered any of the questions I asked earlier.

1. Who's in charge?  (I can write that if you want to use your dread character, No-one)

2. Who are the Orks on the planet? (Does the Waagh have a name, Who is the Warboss?  Is it a major force to be reckoned with, or just starting off?)

3. Why are the Orks on this particular planet?

4. Why is this planet so valuable to the Imperium that a crusade force has been sent to liberate/capture it?  Is it even the planet itself that's valuable, or some thing on it instead?

1. No one - you said you wanted your dread in charge, but bear in mind that the commander is less likely to be involved in the action - he has to maintain a strategic overview, both in the fluff, and with the writer maintaing the arc of the storyline. That means your dread would have to stay on the ship, really, co-ordinating the ground forces... still want the command? ;)

2. Ok, so Chaos, now... We need one of the Chaos DIYers to write the Chaos general... Ferrata should get first dibs IMO, as it was his idea to include the Chaos DIYs

3&4. I'd suggest the CSM are there for some simple reason (for now). Maybe the planet is strategically important to the 13th GC... it sits astride a major shipping route, say. Whoever controls the shipping route has a hold over two or three major Forgeworlds... Obviously the Imperium need to keep this route themselves, hence the reason for the Crusade being dispatched...

Opinions?

@No-one: I can't stress this enough: Be cool <_< Getting something like a collaborative fluff session together takes time. It's not going to happen today - we need to take a few days to gather our thoughts, get a basic story arc together, then start signing people up. I know you're excited about the idea, but let's make sure we do it properly, ok? ;)

Guest No-One

i was thinking about my dread commanding then i thought about him not getting bloody so if you want to create the commander you have the go-ahead

i'm liking the route idea we also need to create a name for the crusade

Thanks Neph <_<

i was thinking about my dread commanding then i thought about him not getting bloody so if you want to create the commander you have the go-ahead

i'm liking the route idea we also need to create a name for the crusade

Okey doke.

Crusade names... first one off the top of my head? How about the Bandac Crusade?

Guest No-One
Bandac Crusade it is then now you need to make your commander and we'll have this party rolling i'm going to PM ferrata and tell him that he needs to make his chaos character ok?

Bandac Crusade it is then now you need to make your commander and we'll  have this party rolling i'm going to PM ferrata and tell him that he needs to make his chaos character ok?

Maybe you should ask him if he wants to be involved? :lol:

Guest No-One
well he had already shown interest so i'll ask him if he wants to join and if he doesn't then oh well

You start a new thread when you have decided on all the details that are needed (i.e races, planet, motice etc). Once you have that sorted (as in set in stone and agrred upon )then people can see what the story is going to be about and then jump in with their characters etc. :lol:

Archived