Master of Sanctity Vardemis

DV8

I absolutley refuse to open up anymore topics started by DV8. :devil:

Great job! :D Almost looks like how I envisioned my DIY Chapter Chaplain.

Wow. Almost done! ^_^ I've reprimed the worn Crozius, and done the initial basecoat and wash. The chain holding the censer has been painted, and all the purity seals have received their litanies. I've also planned out the mural and begun work on the border (just some corrections left, then it's on to the mural itself!)

I've also begun work on the base, and I'm definitely going to add chunks/clumps of snow to it. Too plain as it stands.

My biggest problem right now is a color for the Crozius handle. I'm thinking maybe purple, to balance the big bright cape on the left, but I don't know...with the gems and the eyes, it might be too much...any thoughts on this?

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y42/mybrain/Chaplain%20Vardemis/body7.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y42/mybrain/Chaplain%20Vardemis/body8.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y42/mybrain/Chaplain%20Vardemis/details.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y42/mybrain/Chaplain%20Vardemis/details2.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y42/mybrain/Chaplain%20Vardemis/DSC02084.jpg

Not the best picture of the sketch, but my scanner is, unfortunately, KIA.

DV8

Wow dude! This is looking freakin great! ^_^

As for what to do with the Crozius handle I would look to go for the complementary colour to the cloak. In other words making it yellow to enhance the violet of the cape but having it be more muted (grayed down) so as not to steal the attention from that awsome free hand work you have there.

My two cents.

Keep up the good work :drool:

Man DV8 if I didnt luv your work so much, I could really hate your guts! ^_^

Excelent work Brother!

My suggestion for the crozius handel would be a muted steel, as if the handel is wraped in adamintium.

I think it wouldbe stand outish enough from the rest of the model but not draw your eye away from everything else.

He's so great... stunning! Fantastic! Unbelievable!

But the base is not. I think a model should stand in the centre of the base, and he just seems "off" to me. Don't ruin your model with an unbalanced base.

He's so great... stunning! Fantastic! Unbelievable!

But the base is not. I think a model should stand in the centre of the base, and he just seems "off" to me. Don't ruin your model with an unbalanced base.

Dude dont get me wrong, but I think being off center from the base add's to the sense of motion. It also hightens the look at me factor, your eyes keep looking to see whats odd about whats going on and the more the judge has to look at it the better your chances. hahaha

I think the gems and the eyes accent the cape just fine.. and agree with the general census of going with a yellow color for the handle.. Maybe a Bubonic Brown? Would give it a little yellow tint that wouldn't be overwhelming and it would accent the yellow on the cape as well.

I hate you DV8 :tu: Bah jk, fine piece of work, I really can't wait to see it in person and as said before if the judges don't recognize the beauty of that mini they are simply stunned. Hopefully we will meet up at games day so I can steal some painting tips from you ;)

Ja

I would caution the use of white snow on the base, it might kinda draw attention from the whites on the model etc, since you would have white points of focus on the model AND on the base. I would like it if you could, try to go for some brownish, or brownmixed into whatever grey you use, to make the base a completely different colour than the model, so that they would complement each other, rather than have similar colour ranges. I can already see you have a similar grey base highlight on the rock as that you have on the model, which might screw with the impact of the piece.

The model itself looks absolutely great, I was a bit iffy about the censer, but it has turned out very nice, espessially with the wind thing you got going on there :tu:

Cheers

I have to say I was not the biggest fan of the conversion when you first showed it. Especially the censor. Hoestly the painting just brings thisw model over the top. I take back anything negative I ever thought about the model. Awesome job, can't wait to see it finished.

I have to say I was not the biggest fan of the conversion when you first showed it. Especially the censor. Hoestly the painting just brings thisw model over the top. I take back anything negative I ever thought about the model. Awesome job, can't wait to see it finished.

I completely agree. I thought the conversion was nothing special but boy that paint his given it that special spark and it truley looks amazing. :D

Good luck to you and everyone else going for Gold. Can't wait to see some familiar models and faces popping up as winners in the upcomming GT ;)

This is a nice looking piece overall, but I'm afraid the base kills it for me. That oversized rock isn't something that compliments the model, nor is it something that the GD judges will like. I'd suggest something more traditional, with painted basing material and static grass, or a rock made from broken bits of cork. Something smaller, please. If you must add height, I recommend adding the base to the top of a piece of lacquered wood with a brass-engraved plaque. This will improve the overall look and professionalism of the piece, and make it competition worthy.

-Joe

Archived