DIY Chapter - Tears of Medusa

so should i change the lower colour on his axe to match the base style ?

doesn't sound too hard...

That is moreless what you did with the Servitors, so yea, give it a shot, Sky Earth is a really cool effect, but doesnt work in most situations.

-Legacy40k

I'd like to see more bionics on the tech guard - something along the lines of the description in Soul Drinker. A bionic arm or leg amoung them at the very least, maybe a hard-wired gun sight.

That's just personal opinion - otherwise they look great.

jep, u are right - but i got some reasons why i did what i did:

1. i'm in a fantasy/sci-fi book club, but we don't have 'soul drinker' ...jet. So all i know about skitarii is out of the GW site and wikipedia ;) - are they so much 'bionical'?

2. in my personal opinion bionics at large for average troops would be quite expensive, even for adeptus mechanicus...

3. in wanted to reserve the better looking conversions for my marines... - especially bionics.

4. i think a bionical leg or arm could hardly be seen in the standard uniform. I always found it a bit ridiculous for marines to leave parts of their holy armor behind just to show 'shiny new leg'.

How can an average soldier show off his mech parts?

But please describe me what is sayd in the book.. at least a bit to give me a good impression.

or do you (or anyone else) know where i can find corresponding material ? (pics would be best, text is ok)

i'm not afraid to convert some further troopers to add them in....

well in the book it said binoics are quite cheep for the tech guard, at the very least they all have gun sites hardwired into them. I agree with you and the bionics showing over the power armor...its kinda odd. Which tech guard on the other hand I think its prob better armored then their flack jackets, or even carapse armor so I could def understand why basic guardsmen would leave their bionics exposed

just my 2 cents anyways

i still don't have an idea how these 'hard-wired gun sights' (or 'hard-wired gun sites' ?) are supposed to look like. Is it a kind of cable connection from gun to arm? gun to head? gun to eye? or just a gun improvement? or does it lead to an arm - gun substitute, like the servitors have with the heavy bolters?

Who has got ideas or text passages or pics ?

@ slowhand

let's get it started, where are you from? :lol:

Brilliant! Really loving the venerable dred.

Is it just me, or is the inside of his powerclaw not painted? Perhaps it's just the lighting + dark NMM colours that makes it look so.

You know, lob one grenade into the cockpit there :P ...

Yad

• 3 weeks later...

This is my newest addition for my Chapter:

Techmarine Lord Venorum

I play him either as a Techmarine with Jump Pack, or i use the Chaplain rules for him, which i find representing his tasks better.

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j92/wieims/Techmarine.jpg

C & C welcome as usual.

- next will probably be a scratch built Landspeeder.

Can we see some individual pics of that fella? WIPs would be cool too.

The backpack looks interesting but it's hard to make any details out from that photo.

• 4 weeks later...

So this is the next step in my 'building a marine army' kind of blog.

This Landspeeder with Multimelter and Heavy Flamer was built from plasticard and some bits of a trike. I wanted the kind of pilot-gunner-seating modern helicopters have. It would be a shame to have a MM and not be able to shoot it 180

You obviously put a lot of effort into that but I don't think it's working. It looks more like a Theme Park Ride than any sort of Flyer. ;) Nothing about the shape makes sense.

Good painting as always though :) Cool headlight effect.

I think i know what you mean about the form, but i saw no other way to make the rear-seated gunner marine able to see anything...

But simply believe me - it flies. :) Just yesterday it made nearly 24 inches in 1 round!

My chapter - as iron hand sucessors - could even bring a dread to flight, so this veeeery old 'pre heresy speeder' was no problem for the techmarine. ;)

Wow! I really like this army, great work! Very unique and the painting is incredible! A hard-wired gun sight is when the scope of the gun is electronically (?) attatched to the gunmans eyes, some of the space marine scouts have that.

haze

keep up the great work! :D

Your army looks very good!

Some question about the construction of your dreads and that Venerable dread:

On the normal one, with the enclosed marine with the shoulder pad on top of his head, how did you do that?

On the Venerable, what did you use as the torso with the skeleton inside?

Thanks!

why does all the world hate my speeder... :D

i think i'll rebuild it to give it a flater silhouette and make it wider to get closer to the conventional concept

but i won't seat the two marines next to each other, its simply ridiculous to have an asymetric fire arc on a speeder, imho

Assuming your question wasn't rhetorical, I think the core two problems are...

The front does just look like a Theme Park Ride. There doesn't look like there's anything to it, just the most minimum amount of metal to hold the Marine in place. The shape also looks like a Bumper Car or a Roller Coaster.

The Engine area and wings are just too small. It's another case of it looking like there isn't enough to do the job.

When one is talking about Science Fiction, anything can be explained away. However a viewer brings with them certain preconceptions of "how things work"... even fake things. If they don't see enough familiarity then there isn't going to be enough believability.

I dig the Lascannon on legs!! :o

The walky lascannon is cool. I plan on doing similar for some of my HWs and servitors. Neat conversion for Brother Stompy, though his lines look a little 'soft'.

Only gripe I can see on your commander (Which I think is fine if you're using him by the rules as a captain or chaplain) is that the NMM is a little too sharp and straight. It's an axe, not a mirror. The NMM on your servitors looks great.

The Landspeeder's neat, but it needs something. mebby a console for the driver, so he doesn't look like he's just along for the rollercoaster ride.

First off, your painting and converting is all amazing. Well done. I both admire and covet your skills! Now, to get down to business...the speeder....

It's a cool idea, but I'm with the masses here, it doesn't look quite right. Based on what you're going for (and if you're going to rebuild it anyway), why not swap the position of the gunner and pilot? If I recall correctly, the gunner usually sits up front in an attack helicopter (to provide the best field of view for identifying targets) while the pilot sits in back, often flying largely on instruments. If you swtich the two positons, you can flatten the whole thing and make it more aggressive looking, more in line with the gamesworkshop models but still distinctly your own. Just a thought.

Fantastic work mate, well done! :unsure:

However i gotta say, does anyone else think that the face of Brother Stampy or whatever the Dread was called looks like that of Eddie, the Iron Maiden mascot?

:ph34r:

But seriously, well done!

Yes, it does, I think.

i like the speeder, BTW.

Archived