DIY Chapter - Tears of Medusa

I just found this thread today and have spent the last twenty minutes drooling over everything! That librarian is so good I couldn't believe it was still WIP until I noticed the tabard, and I love modeled psy powers (cue the cartoony "wawawawaooo" noises)!

You said this was your first Space Marine army but you've obviously been in the hobby for a while; can we find more of your stuff elsewhere?

PS: I dig the Bond reference! Brother "Scaramangus," indeed!

I dont really like the modelled psi powers, but i'm really just being nitpicky as every single other model in your army is just flawless.

i think i mainly dont like it because of the wire connecting the skull to his hand... maybe if it was just the whirly bits and not the skull it might look better? or skulls on the whirly bits even?

Many times I have looked at these pictures and then looked at them again, there are few armies out there that I like to this degree, especially Marine armies. I Must say I really like your painting style and skill. It is particularly astonishing. . .

Looking forward to see more.

And What crappy parts painted would that be? I see nothing wrong besides the fact that the tabard is brown and if you wanted it tan thats all you have to do is add the tan to it. Other then that I can't see squat..of course...my painting sucks but oh well. I really like the way you do archaic runes on armor. I relally love the Psi power too. Exclellent blending techinique and the motion of tit looks good too.

@ angel robertson

:) thanks man

@ astartesboy

i had some problems translating what a tabard could be... - i hope u mean the paper stuff between his legs, do you?

WIP are still the lenses, the grip of his psi-tea-egg, his crux on the shoulderpad, the face, the shield next to the head and all kinds of script all over the mini, besides the last highlights for the armour and the base.

This here is my second 40K army, im in the game since september '05.

My first one is a xeno army, but i wont mention it here 'cause i don't wanna end my life in a inquisitational pain amplifier...

@ Havik

your not nit-picky... :mellow:

if u don't like it, ur just honest

@ Gialus

" there are few armies out there that I like to this degree, especially Marine armies"

:wub: this being said in a marine forum makes me wanting to hug you.. :blush:

@ Crimson Wyvern

motion of tit looks good too

you are sooooo damn right, i love the motion of tit too :D

@ Smith

:wink:

@ wokkers

thanks to you again

dang, capt.nuss, I really like this army. It's very rare to see a combination of this level painting and good natured, fun, conversions. Folk like Doghouse just aren't silly. Hear that Doghouse? I'm saying you aren't silly. How bout dem apples? :unsure:

I think this army is great, and can't wait to see it finished. I

'm still giggling about the Mini Dread, Treaded Lascannon, and "Whirly Wagon"

i love your work, you have a better battle force i will eve have (due to money and i crap at converting)

i love the little noughts, but a good fluff is there old term armour (some one allready said that) being termantor armour is just smaller versions od noughts and mabye the impreial had no imagtion back in the great cursaded

Today youre gonna get a first view of the termisquad. Two of them are still very WIP, but i hope u get the idea.

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j92/wieims/termitrupp1.jpg

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j92/wieims/termitrupp2.jpg

The new guys are Brother Holintem on the left and Brother Uburnus, third from the right.

C&C loved and welcome.

@ Irrer Polterer

Jep, im writing from Germany. Aber nich grad aus der N

@ Arebennian

Mhhh... i don't really know how i could help you with your swirls... I simply use a slightly grey undercoat and paint white swirls on it. Theres so special trick or something about it i think.

Do you do all your relevant highlighting of the part to be swirlified before you paint the white swirls on?

I.E. When painting Camo, you first highlight the base before mottling.

I re-re edited it. hah I spelled it right. Nice termies. I love the look of the assault cannon guy. He's like "Oh you want to circle around and flank us?" rrrrrr dgddgdgdgdgdgdgdg. "I don't think so boy!" Love the mini dreads too. The cog on the middle of the dreadnought on the left. (the person looking at the pictures left). Personally I would like to see the termie with the flamers powerfist hand be pointing or pointing down like he is looking out in the battlefield while flourishing his Heavy flamer. The Chainfist just seems like he is trying to shoot it to me. But, thats IMO if you like it stick with it.

As for being a marine. I would be Honored to join as brother. I wouldn't mind being Wyvernus. I have my eyes on three. The Assault cannon termie, the dual bolt pistol guy with scopes on both of his pistols. Or the dual chainsword assault marine...hmm...I'll roll a dice... on 1-2 its the dual bolt pistols, 3-4 its the assault marine, 5-6 its the terminator...and, its a 6, Terminator it is. Of course if you have him named already I can always go for the other two. But the Termi would be sweet.

So some closer pics of the new ones:

The Green parts are still undone, as the Crux's are. Btw. how the hell do Cruxes look? Golden? Silver? any chapterrelated color? also please imagine the highlighting like the sarge got it.

I tried to do the Baseplates for Wyvernus in that marble style that we get to see here more and more he last weeks.

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j92/wieims/PICT0096.jpg

Brother Wyvernus

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j92/wieims/PICT0099.jpg

Brother Uburnus

@ terminatorinhell

:)

iron within, iron without... be hard to yourself an PAINT! :lol:

@ sian

your wish is my command

@ Arebennian

Oh yea, i do all the highlighting before the swirling, but usually not very precisely. noone will recognise blending mistakes after u painted the swirls on.

@ Crimson Wyvern

The Guy with the Flamer IS acually pointing.. wasn't easy to see on the pic till now.

You'll be the ass cannon termie - in fact it was a 6. :wink:

He'll get your name on the Base as soon as his painting is finished. But we have to talk about your performance... last battle u totally missed an orc pickup TWO TIMES... what was wrong?

Oh I see he is pointing . Sorry about that. As far as the crux goes. I have seen bone, silver, and gold. I don't think their is a set color for it. In my preference the bone looks cool. Or a combination of the two. Like the skull and bones in a bone color and the rest in silver. Just a personal preference.

About that pickup up..well. Lets see...there was two beers before we went on the thunderhawk, half a bottle before prayers with the chaplain. And the other half after prayers. =D My bad. I'll make sure to save the beer till after.

Oh yeah, and I like my swirlies, very niiiiice.

Hey, got some new minis today.

An Apo, this time with some little battle damage because the white looked so boring

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j92/wieims/PICT0096-1.jpg

An assassin - 100% totally unconverted(!!) :devil:

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j92/wieims/PICT0100.jpg

And a guy to act as Alias-Inquisitor

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j92/wieims/PICT0102-1.jpg

C&C very Welcome.

Especially: I'm thinking about expanding the painted battle damage over the whole army when i'm reworking them next time. What do you think about that?

@ Brother Wyvernus

Bonecolored sounds good... think i'll try it that way.

Nice. I like the apothecary. The battledamage looks ace my friend. The death cult assasin is neat too. The base really fits her pose. The battle damage on all the marines would look very nice. although, I think it is a fluff issue too. Your chapter seems to be a very clean chapte and I would assume they like their armor in tip top shape. So, if you were to do battle damage, I wouldn't do to much of it. just IMHO.

Brother Wyvernus

I have kind of two different styles of battle damage in mind.. :

1. the mini looks like having been in a corrosive area or he had no break from fighting for weeks or is was running through muddy or dusty surroundings just a minute ago. The paint on the armor got a bit weak, its leaking oil... scratces started to rust or rusty fluid is running down from bolts. All in all a 'realistic' or waethered look.

2. the mini looks like having seen lots of fighting in its life. Fresh marks from incoming handweapon fire or close combat attacks show the pure metal of the armor. Some Parts are scratched and look like centuries old, but in perfect shape and function.

don't know if i could transport the difference to you here... :D

Anyway - type 1 is absolutely nothing for my army. Good fighters always honour their wargear (one of the first thing you learn in the army) - especially if u consider bolters and armor to be holy and beeing an incarnation of the omnissiah. There is simply no excuse to run around covered in 3 day old mud or to let your equipment rust... am i wrong on that?

I'm aiming for type 2 - to give them a bit of a veteran look... like they saw lots of fighting.

If u consider this post senseless after reading it, please ignore it :lol: - if u know what i mean, gimme your oppinion

Well they are still marines now that I think about it. and if your stuck in combat situations while being bombarded for 3 days, your not gonna have time to polish the armor or wash up. They would be up there watching for incoming raids. If you were to do that you have to do that for the whole army though. Or, make a whole squad really muddy and make their base like have lots of mudd puddles or something. And then the squad thats cleaner make them have some cleaner bases. but all in all keep them all on the same day. not some so shiney it looks like they just polished it, and some who look like they just went through WWII in 1 day.

The second one seems right also. I'm sure its are to melt adamantium into the cracks and make it look like it orginally did. So having some battle scarred marines isn't a bad thing. That also depends, IMO, how old your chapter is. So all in all I think its up to you how they are. I guess take my advice or more..blabber from my small head and put it into condsideration...that is... if me talking isn't a bunch of blabber, if not forget I said anything.

Brother Wyvernus.

Archived