WIP Heresy Era World Eaters

Doghouse

Thanks mate. I still have to add the nostrils and want to clean the face up a bit. He looks kind of odd in the pictures above but looks ok in the flesh so to speak. ;)

If no-one believes he looks like Angron when he's finished I can always try and pass him off as a limited edition Mullet Primarch of the lost eleventh Legion. They were wiped out for having bad hair... :P

Lord Ragnarok:Thanks mate. B)

Yeah, I'm a big fan both those books and eagerly await the next installment (next March I think?).

I haven't finished with the face just yet, need to work on the brow and see if I can get more of a snarl, I'm still new to sculpting faces.

The idea is that he's just about to break into a run so he'll be clutching the Axe in both hands across the front of his chest. :)

<Shivers in anticipation> ;)

To Doghouse: I've just tried using plasticard spacers to increase the leg size, but they've turned out with the feet at different angles to the base.

Is there any tips (or even a tutorial) on how to make it work well?

Also, is there a chance of a tutorial on flesh as used on the Dark Angels and Black Templars?

Lastly, could you show how to biggify dreadnoughts...as they look tough :lol: ?

Thanks

I like angron...but he's to big. He dwarfs your true scaled models. He looks quite bent over and is still way taller. I don't know, maybe it's just me.

It has been mentioned earlier, a Primarch does dwarf a normal marine in the way a marine dwarfs a normal human. Magnus (ok he was the biggest Primarch) is at least 3-5 feet taller than his terminator bodyguard.

Cheers guys. :lol:

As far as the GS goes I find that it's best to sculpt the area that you're working on and then go back every five minutes or so to smooth it out as it's curing. Water is goo for this, but just a thin layer on the tool mind you. I've recently been experimenting with a thin layer of Vasalene as an alternative which seems to work brilliantly, just make sure you wipe off the stuff after it's dry before you start painting.

Danius Smithe: Trick is too flatten the tops of the cut in half greaves off so they are level before adding the plasticard. Might take a bit of practice but the end result is worth it. Just remember to trim it a little then check the angle, trim it again then check the angle again and so forth untill you are happy with the result. Better to cut too little than too much. :)

I will get around to a proper tutorial for the Dreadnought asap.

The flesh is dead easy it's just same as the one in the space marine painting guide really. Dwarf flesh over a black undercoat, then fifty/fifty mix of Dwarf and Elf Flesh, then highlight with Elf flesh. Or alternatively you can use Tanned Flesh instead of Dwarf Flesh.

Hope that helps.

I'm still hard at work on these guys btw, currentl reworking Angron's head and shoulder pads. Turns out what I thought was hair was in fact cables so I'm re-doing the head slightly. :D

Dog..you are the man.. seriously!

Im tempted to pop my Chaos marines off their bases and start work on their legs to make them taller and work on some GS/plasticard caps.

now if only i can get motivated enough to start work on my chaos lord conversion.. oh wait.. i just did! damn you Doghouse LoL!!!! :D B)

only one problem with angron, he doesn't look like he's running to me, he looks like he is leaning forward and screaming at an enemy. Or he is about to play a power metal show, not sure. To make him running he'd need more dynamicism and one leg should be off the ground. Also the shoulders don't look right for a running pose. Sorry to rain all over your beautiful PH parade but you did ask ;). Keep going i love the marines. Oh and i looked at the first Khârn pic and went "that has to be be Khârn" i miss his ears though.

• 4 weeks later...

Doghouse your World Eaters are AMAZING!

Angron is equally amazing but i have a question....in the Second Horus Heresy book it mentions that he carried two ancient looking pistols on his belt...any thoughts on how you are going to do those

and also about the "ear" debate for Khârn, Im very happy that you left those off.

• 1 year later...

Archived