WIP Heresy Era World Eaters

Doghouse

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v235/blindhamster/PH/PICT0074.jpg

How's the one on the right gonna keep up? Everyone knows you always run faster with a knife...

Looking great so far. Any TS planed ^_^

ooo 100th post in this thread is mine haha

actually that would be post #101...

-OH- :P kiddin Q: hehe yea that guardsman thinks hes tough and wants to show the BAs how its done ^_^

Danius Smithe: cheers mate, glad its liked though i stand by the fact it realy does look much smoother in RL...

CM Dante: :) thanks mate, i really want to make sure that the character of the BAs is properly got across with these, which is why i plan to repose EVERY marine in the army, also all the guardsmen (with the exeption of a veteran squad maybe) will be in standing still type positions to emphasis the idea of the marines being my close combat shock troops. how am i doing the armour? its basic marine bits with Forgeworld heads and torso just like Doghouses, and they are mde semi true scale in the same way doghouse did his (ive done proper true scale before, but his way is soooo much faster and looks not much different)

Cpt. V & captain fuzzball: the red was super easy, its just white undercoat, mix of red ink, water and blood red all over, then paint into the gaps (and ONLY the gaps) with a mix of water red ink and black ink (essentially blacklining with a terracota colour) i then highlight with blood red/fiery orange mix then pure fiery orange.

flyinghippo: heh, he does have a knife! its jus the only one thats not got it in his hand (there will be more to balance it out lol)

@DOGHOUSE: any updates mate looking forward to seeing more!

@ Blindhamster, please please please please please PLEASE do a tutorial on how you did those marins legs dude, i know you said you extended them in the same way as doghouses' but how did you convert the actual poses? :D

Your models have inspired me to do a BA force btw ;)

Blindhamster: Excellent work mate, well worth the wait. I really like the running poses that you've put together and the little details like the exposed ribbing behind the left knee of the painted marine on the right is what helps bring them to life. Nice use of the combat blades as well. I'm extremely impressed. Excellent! :D

CM Dante: Thanks mate. I've ditched the GS altogether on the legs now and replaced the method with plain old plasticard offcuts.

Danius Smithe: Well he's sort of getting there...I still have to decide on the overall look for him yet. The John Blanche sketch in the Heresy artwork books is a good starting point although I prefer Graham McNeil's description of him in False Gods. Once I've got enough to post I show some pictures of him WIP.

I've got enough models for fifteen hundred points as it's just a gaming army, once that's out of the way I'll be adding probably a few more units and character models for variety.

gazgrub: The more I think about it the more a Khârn model appeals to me. Maybe make a new model in the same pose as the classic Jes Goodwin sculpt pose. The second dread I'm working on will hopefully be a lot cleaner. :(

captain fuzzball: Thanks mate. :)

Sometimes I think I'm the only one, that collects nearly all Pre-Heresy artwork available :P

And please never use John Blanches artwork as a reference for a primarch. He is a great illustrator but if there is one thing he should never do or is not able to do, its making a convincing primarch.

EDIT: Somehow I can't send PMs so for Danius Smithe here is Perturabo the primarch himself, the only IW artwork I have.

++EDITED BY REQUEST++

some small updates from me here, ive not had a huge amount of time but thought id post progress, i still have a huge amount to paint on all of these models, but theyre getting there slowly.

aaaaanyway onto what ive got done!

there are now 5 tactical marines, making up the start of tactical squad (unnamed)

a sergeant with power sword, 3 bolter marines and 1 plasma gunner :)

time for pictures:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v235/blindhamster/PH/b.jpg

a group shot, as you can see ive progressed a little with the painting, but not a huge amount. all the marines are made taller and reposed so tis all good ^_^.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v235/blindhamster/PH/c.jpg

this guy has now been painted red and given a bolter, also the blood drop on his chest is painted now. along with areas that will be black or silver changed to black,

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v235/blindhamster/PH/d.jpg

the plasma gunner, im pleased with him, id originally planned to have him just drawing the dagger, but decided for a basic trooper it was a bit much hassle....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v235/blindhamster/PH/e.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v235/blindhamster/PH/f.jpg

The Veteran sergeant for the squad, i gave him some GS hair, the forgeworld Bionic arm, company champion power sword (cuz it was suitiably large) and based on the veteran marine from the HH card game i gave him an embossed shoulder pad. the only bits completed on him are the blade of the power sword, and the blood drop on his chest.

next up will be a second 5 man squad (with Bpistols and CCWs) a captain/libby type character and an assault squad. along with about 100 imperial guard *sigh*

and finally a minor preview of the captain/libby i have in the works...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v235/blindhamster/PH/a.jpg

(i said it was minor didnt I :P)

thehalifax there is a tutorial on reposing legs in this section (check the stickys i think) it is far better than anything i could write up, im glad you like the models, and honoured they were of inspiration to someone

Doghouse cheers mate, im very glad you like them, as you were the main inspiration to get working on them ^_^. the legs take a huge amount of time, what with all the pinning, filing, GSing, then its all easy! as for the combat blades... its something most marines ive done have had, all my deathwatch marines had the knife on theire leg, I figured theyd need a close combat weapon all the time lol. Any progress you want to share with us on the WE's? i cant wait to see a completed squad!

<edit> oooo just noticed im mentioned in the title now! ^_^

Is ANY part of this unclear?

I would hate to have to close an excellent thread because people continued to post HH Card Scans.

Next one gets an Official Warning. Period.

Blindhamster: They are looking really nice mate. You've got a very dynamic feel to the squad and I like what you're doing with the RS FW Torso to make your captain/libby.

Quick update.

Whilst I haven't had a lot of free time to work on these guys much lately I have been toying around with a PH Khârn model. I'm trying to keep the pose as close to the JG original as possible whilst going for a more Imperial look. Still early days yet but I'm sort of working it out, I intend to have Khârn leading the WE when I'm up against Loyalist PH Legions and Varren when up against Traitor Legions.

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/Doghouse12/World%20Eaters/SpaceMarines006.jpg

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/Doghouse12/World%20Eaters/SpaceMarines005.jpg

@ Blindhamster - Loving that squad. The sarge looks like he's shaping up to be fantastic, what are your plans for his embossed pad? Will it be gold or red like the rest of him?

Not so sure about the plasma gunners pose, the arm holding the weapon looks a little unnatural though it could just be the angle of the pic.

@ Doghouse - Simply brilliant. Very close to the JG sculpt. Great job with the sculpting on the helmet and I like the new way of doing the legs, looks alot neater. Is he going to be getting any WE logos on his shins/torso similar to the artwork (which I must say I think your version looks much better than!)?

Keep up the goodwork lads, can't wait to see them finished.

Cheers,

Dante

Is ANY part of this unclear?

I would hate to have to close an excellent thread because people continued to post HH Card Scans.

Next one gets an Official Warning. Period.

wow.. I really like that Khârn conversion... I did a similar one... very nice

I think that much of the artwork I have seen from the pre-heresy card game makes all of the traitor chapters look too chaotic to begin with, sure they turned to chaos but I bet the didn't always look so obviously heretical.

As for having to resemble the traitor version, I don't agree with this at all, in the fluff from the 2nd edition chaos codex (and even earlier) chaos marines armour was described as "mutating due to the corrupting powers of chaos" into its current form from it's pre-heresy appearence.

As for not recognising him as Khârn, the minute I saw the pics (before reading Doghouse's post) I knew it was Khârn, the pose, weapons and helmet all alerted me to this fact immediately.

While giving him the ear things might make him even more identifiable as Khârn I just don't think it would fit both with the pre-heresy theme and with the rest of his army since no other members of his force have the ear things either.

Just my opinion of course, the final decision is obviously up to Doghouse himself. But if I were him I wouldn't give him them, but then, I've never much liked them anyway <_<.

Cheers,

Dante

I think that much of the artwork I have seen from the pre-heresy card game makes all of the traitor chapters look too chaotic to begin with, sure they turned to chaos but I bet the didn't always look so obviously heretical.

As for having to resemble the traitor version, I don't agree with this at all, in the fluff from the 2nd edition chaos codex (and even earlier) chaos marines armour was described as "mutating due to the corrupting powers of chaos" into its current form from it's pre-heresy appearence.

But some Legions surely should have a more feral look than others to begin with (SW and especially WE). Compare the simple ears from the artwork and the ears with the daemon faces on the traitor version, that exactly for me is mutating due to the power of the warp.
Just my opinion of course, the final decision is obviously up to Doghouse himself. But if I were him I wouldn't give him them, but then, I've never much liked them anyway smile.gif.

Aye its his decision <_< Thats the point between us: You don't like them, I do :blush:

Archived