WIP Heresy Era World Eaters

Doghouse

Wow! That is an awsome Khârn. Words cannot even explain how cool his head looks and how close it is to how I personaly invisioned him before he was crazy(er). xD

Great work on the Blood Angels. Blind. They look just as good as your deathwatch. :3

Alpha

Cheers guys.

Just a quick update, only had time to do bits here and there on Angron at the moment so he's looking a bit patchy at the moment. I'll clean him up later.

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/Doghouse12/SpaceMarines016.jpg

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/Doghouse12/SpaceMarines017.jpg

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/Doghouse12/SpaceMarines018.jpg

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/Doghouse12/SpaceMarines015.jpg

Still have to add the huge collar yet and clean up his hair and face a bit.

tagsta: Thanks mate. :huh: I've spent something like three hours or so so far, hard to say as I'm working on him when I get time and he's a bit of a rush job.

Brother Lysander: If you compare him to one of my bigger marines then he stands at around twelve feet if he stands up straight. I wasn't sure how big the Primarchs were so I just made him roughly the same difference in height (give or take a foot) between a Marine and a Human. :)

Brother Lysander: If you compare him to one of my bigger marines then he stands at around twelve feet if he stands up straight. I wasn't sure how big the Primarchs were so I just made him roughly the same difference in height (give or take a foot) between a Marine and a Human. :devil:

I think the size is right...

horus rising says something like "astartes dwarf men, pimarchs dwarf astartes"

I've been watching this thread for a while and must say @doghouse, your doing damn good jobs of these pre-heresy marines there the best i've seen :angry: .

What weapons will angron have?

What could he be using other than a big ol chain halberd? ANGRON SMASH!

Thanks guys!

ageofgold: Hmm, I kind of dreading that bit, but not as much as his cloak as it's made of chains with skulls woven in...wish I'd done Dorn now...

tagsta: Primarchs are really pretty big aren't they...

B3T$T3R: Thanks mate, I'm a massive fan of the Heresy and Scouring eras so it's nice to know that I'm doing something right. :angry:

Commander Trask: Ok mate, just as soon as I can get them surgically removed I'll pop them in the post...

Ok quick update time.

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/Doghouse12/SpaceMarines019.jpg

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/Doghouse12/SpaceMarines020.jpg

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/Doghouse12/SpaceMarines021.jpg

Still looking rough at the moment. The shoulderpads are being tidied up at the moment so they're still a bit blobby right now and I've added the collar. Just about to start working the two eagle heads onto the ends of this and once I've cleaned the model up I'll be adding the aquila to the ends of the shorter tassles and the big one on the waist. Then it's on to the glaive on his belt and the honking great chain-axe and cloak (groan).

More asap.

I'm truly in awe of those GS skills. Have you read False Gods for any other Angron inspiration. And yes, I'm anxious to see your version of the massive Glaive. :angry:

Are you done with face? The impression I get is that Angron looks VERY Angry. Probably as angry a human face can contort and not be some savage snarling animal.

Thanks mate. I still have to add the nostrils and want to clean the face up a bit. He looks kind of odd in the pictures above but looks ok in the flesh so to speak. B)

If no-one believes he looks like Angron when he's finished I can always try and pass him off as a limited edition Mullet Primarch of the lost eleventh Legion. They were wiped out for having bad hair... :angry:

Lord Ragnarok:Thanks mate. :)

Yeah, I'm a big fan both those books and eagerly await the next installment (next March I think?).

I haven't finished with the face just yet, need to work on the brow and see if I can get more of a snarl, I'm still new to sculpting faces.

The idea is that he's just about to break into a run so he'll be clutching the Axe in both hands across the front of his chest. :)

Where did you learn to Green Stuff to such a level, green stuff is as mouldable as blue tac to me (evil blue tac!) ?

Also do you do commission works?

It's just practice. :angry:

Started out with simple conversion stuff then went I couldn't get the parts I wanted I started having a bash at sculpting them.

Trick is not to get too discouraged with your first attempts, as you go along you pick up new tricks and it gets easier.

I don't really see it as sculpting, as far as I'm concerned I'm converting a wire frame into whatever it is I need. B)

hmmmmmmm i dont know what it is but something doesnt strike me primarch in angron...lol im so negative :P

I think he looks to, im a regal admiral let me sigh a declaration for you!

instead of Angron mad...angron cut ur face with my big axe of death yar yar

hehe and in the WIP stage his shoulders look like he has little fairy penguin wings :)

But ye im still liking it all

Gazgrub

I think he looks to, im a regal admiral let me sigh a declaration for you!

instead of Angron mad...angron cut ur face with my big axe of death yar yar

That's intentional, what you have to remember is that although Angron is a brutal killing machine he's also a leader of a Legion and I wanted to reflect this someway in the mini itself. Horus Rising and False Gods show that cultures were intregrated into the Imperium through diplomacy and if they didn't comply then the Astartes went in to "persuade" them to change their minds.

The way I see Angron is that he was a cybernetically enhanced monster in combat but he wasn't a complete madman. On his adopted homeworld he organised an army of gladiators and rose up against his tormentors. These gladiators were the ones that impressed him in combat and he trained them further.

If he was as brutal as a lot of people make him out to be then he would have slaughtered everyone he fought in the areana and there would have been no uprising. The reason he turned to Chaos was because he was upset with the Emperor for taking him away from the gladiator army just as they made their last stand.

Don't get me wrong, from what hs been written he was a psycho but he wasn't a complete animal, he just had...erm...issues. :)

Think of it as "Let me sign a declaration for you...with this huge blood-stained chain-axe!" ;)

Master_Aerethos: Thanks mate, Khârn is my favourite of the bunch so far. The greaves on Angron are definately going to be thicker, they're a bit thin at the moment so that I have room to work in all the detail. :P

Doghouse, your models ROCK!!! Im loving the angron and Khârn sculpts so far, im really wishing my gs work was as good as that, you've inspired me though so keep up the good work... I want to see the Glaive!! :)

Archived