The AM, Mars, the Void Dragon, and Necrons

Wasn't the outsider supposed to have gone mad after consuming other C'tan? Also i think i have seen it said that the deceiver convinced the C'tan to go cannibal, but i think i have seen another reason somewhere but i cant quite remember it, but if so i think most C'tan ate another C'tan, perhaps not the deceiver though.

GW seems to be pretty contradictory in which C'tan is strongest, just it isn't the deceiver.

First, all the C'Tan either ate other C'Tan, or were eaten by other C'Tan. It was indeed the Deciever who first convinced the Nightbringer to eat other C'Tan which started the whole ordeal. The Nightbringer ate the most, the Deciever the least (of the four remaining).

The Deciever is very weak compared to it's brethren, which is why it relies on guile more than brute force. The Nightbringer is the second most powerful remaining, the Dragon being the first. I think the confusion comes from the fact that the Nightbringer ate the most C'Tan, and did the most wanton damage to the other races. The Dragon seems to have had a bit more restraint and purposefulness by comparission, which is why most races weren't so strongly affected by it.

I'm not sure exactly how powerful the Outsider is, or why it went mad from eating C'Tan while the other three didn't. GW has left the Outsider extremely mysterious, so it's hard to say anything at all about him for certain.

Could the construct ferrus destroyed be some kind of tomb guardian, thus it was awake, but if so why was it there?

My guess: it was some Necron construct. It could have been a tomb guardian. All I know is that is was most certainly not a C'Tan. None of the C'Tan were awake at the time of the Primarchs. Two of the C'Tan (deciever and nightbringer) have woken up recently, and the other two are still asleep (one in Mars, the other in a Dyson Sphere at the Southern Fringe of the Segmentum Tempestus).

Just to fuel the fire, anyone rmbr which WD has the Elyisan (spl?) drop troops piece, the it was one of the armageddon issues.

Anyhow, the fluff piece setting up the drop troopers, talked of an ill fated mission where they landed on an AM planet, only to find it completely deserted. Even though there was no one aroun d, the gears were still a grinding pumping out what I think were described as "metal skeletons". Out of the blue they start opening firing on the IG, stripping the flesh from thier bones with some sort of energy weapon.

Now unless they found the planet of terminator, sounds kinda like some other robo-vertabrates i know. Product of the AM??

Or am i making this up??? i cant rmbr.

whoa...[brain overloads]...

the necrons are making more necrons? uh-oh...

well, ive got that piece of BFG fluff, and 5 or 6 necron ship blew apart mars's orbital defence network, and were only stopped after a massive groundside battle...

the Emperor's 20th son is Sigmar? i won't get off topic, but PM me... ive got a thoery of my own.

I remember that piece of Fluff. It was an Asteroid research center, and when they fought to the main room, they found a coffin from which a lord emerged and the necron attack started. the guys fought thier way off, then the asteroid was smashed to rubble, and the area declared interdictus.

so you're not immagining things. can't remember where though.

Thanks a bunch for the link!

From the looks of it, it seems that the Xenos artifact was to blame, not the Cult Mechanicus themselves. Exibit A is that none of the Tech Priests were alive, which they certainly would have been if they were actively working for the Necrons. Exibit B is that the machinery was completely altered (presumably by the Necrons), to the point of being unrecognizable to the other tech priests.

• 1 month later...
ok...Over the past 2 days I've read all the entries in this topic and I have to say Im loving it the brain storming heres my take, far out there as it is the Tau are the reincrantions of the old one like it was said thorought the topic. This is my crazy out there idea, Idk if it was mentioned but in 2000 years they asended to this point in technologial advancement that took us 40,000 and were are behind them. How long would it be before the Tau were able to create some along the lines of a Blackstone fortress?

Never most probably . cos it was a god who made the BSF and not the eldar . and it's teh eldar who made the eterals so the tau would find it hard to reach the lvl teh eldar had before the fall.

Ahh and on the outsider being the only one mad.Well to me all of the are . But not all in a khorn-like way .

I'm actually really looking forward to the void dragon waking up as there could be 2 possible outcomes of what the Mechanicus will do, would they either;

A:Follow and worship him, as this is their divine machine god which they have done god knows what to learn the secrets of the machine

or

B:Fight it and try to stop it from leaving the planet

I think they would do the A option, It's like with the Emperor if he ever gets off the throne, everyone in the imperium would follow him blindly so what would stop the Mechanicus from following their god?

According to the fluff for =][=nquisitor, the Imperium would be horribly divided if the Emperor awakened and may collapse faster then it already is. Same deal with the Dragon and the Mechanicus. The mechanicus has many factions with many view points.

Yeah I read that story as the throne was originally ment to be temporary but the inquisition and high lords beleived that if he came back everything would go back to the way it was in the horus heresy, adeptus mechanicus and pratically the whole imperium would be divided if the void dragon woke up, plus whoever wins would still be screwed, the imperium would not know how to take care and maintain the machienes without the mechainicum and if the void dragon wins and destroys terra along with the emperor chaos comes back full swing with warp storms everywhere, c'tan I believe absolutely hate the warp.

Tau ... the reincarnations of the Old Ones ...? o.O

... probably not. The Old Ones were Warp-sensitive, whereas the Tau are not. The Tau are ... like the humanized idea of the Necron: they are ruled by logic, but retain emotion and society.

Suppose the Void Dragon awakens, to find itself surrounded by a new flock of followers, and detects the Deciever amongst them? Suppose the Void Dragon decides that the Deciever is no longer fit to remain in the realm of the universe, for trying to imprison it permanently? Suppose the Void Dragon takes the humans as its own, and turns against the Necrons led by the Deciever? ... Suppose the Void Dragon decides that this puny human Emperor is useful to his purposes?

The Void Dragon does not appear to act without purpose, despite its great power. Who knows what it could be thinking, in its necrodermis shell? I wouldn't trust the Deciever running around behind my back trying to permanently seal me into a vault ... better to kill it sooner, than later, innit?

• 2 weeks later...
The Outsider is trapped in the Dyson Sphere.
I take it that's a response to the "Laughing God is Outsider" thing, in which case, yes, he is inside his sphere, which appears to be called Lyriax, if page 15 of the new Eldar Codex is anything to go by, but we do know that others can get in and out. Corteswain did it, possibly Cypher did it, so we know his troops can probably get out. In fact, if the Eldar legend is anything to go by, then Lyriax will crack open and the Outsider will return soon.

• 2 weeks later...

Who assumes it needs to comsume the sun? We know it's being constantly fed already in it's tomb, and probably has been for over 12,000 years. I don't think it's going to need to eat...

And besides, why destroy the sun, when that would destroy a large amount of humans (possibly with the pariah gene) and worshippers?

Well because they are like galacticus . They hunger for energy never stops.

They are gods , they don't care for a few bilion people .Remeber they had eaten members of they own race . Humanity is nothing to them . They have a serv race that already .Now if the mechanicus had something that could help the dragon get back his ship . Then maybe he would lets some live for a short time . But that's all.

Well because they are like galacticus . They hunger for energy never stops.

They are gods , they don't care for a few bilion people .Remeber they had eaten members of they own race . Humanity is nothing to them . They have a serv race that already .Now if the mechanicus had something that could help the dragon get back his ship . Then maybe he would lets some live for a short time . But that's all.

But when the Nightbringer, a weakened C'tan, was awakened, it went not for the sun of the system he was in, but the star Cyclo, several thousand light years away. Not only that, but the system he was in was Pavonis, an Imperial World. It sets a precedent.

Humanity is not nothing to them. Humanity is energy. A lot of energy. Energy that presumably has a lot more taste than solar energy. Energy to be consumed, not destroyed.

They ate their own race to give themselves Legions of undying warriors. They are doing the same to other races (see the Silvae from the Necron Codex page 50 and the humans from GorkaMorka making some sort of deal with the C'tan, and cross reference it with the Skopios Incident from the Armageddon 3 website, under the Elysian Drop Troops page, showing construction of Necron bodies). Humanity is again, nothing to be sniffed at, especially considering that their future plans involve Pariahs, Necron-ified psychic nulls, found only in humanity. These Pariahs are described as "the next phase of the C'tan's ideal for the galaxy".

Not only that, but the Deciever has plans for humanity. The Deciever is recorded as saying: "Your High Lords are too soft. That will have to change." If I were to guess, I'd link this plan of theirs to the above pararaph. Assuming that the Deciever is alone in his plans (Which we are not certain about), it would be a mistake to attack the Deciever or his plans. See below for reasons.

The Deciever has followers on Mars, and the Deciever contributed more to the War in Heaven than any number of Legions or ships. Upsetting the Deciever would be a mistake for the Dragon, considering that even if the Dragon attempted to destroy the Deciever (an unwise move, considering that he's the one with connections in the Imperium), he would probably fail due to the Deciever's talents at manipulation and, well, decieving.

And what's this ship of the Dragon you're talking about?

Archived