The AM, Mars, the Void Dragon, and Necrons

the problem arises from factions in the AM thinking the dragon is the machine god. this is all that is required to create a schism in the AM, thereby damaging the imperium.

as for abbaddon and his soul, im sure he wants his soul to be secure, unless all he wants is revenge and not domination. but with the understanding of what chaos can do to ones soul, i really think he would want to keep it safe!

In Necron codex there is something about AM, that are the Decievers helpers.

That they are already helping Deciever for a long time.

Some of the Adeptus Mechanicus are on the side of Explorator-Magos Prime Reston Egal, yes, but not all. I think that the Deceiver in his guise as the Magos Egal has been around for a fair few years, I'd say no more than 200 at most.

The Noctis Labyrinthus - Site of a Perdita Zone, enforced by a Legion of Skitarii, after Necron ships destroyed several mine complexes. The mines were supposedly contaminated during the "Great Purge" (Whenever that was), and access has been denied ever since. At least one Magos in the late 900's of M41 was transferred for duty in the Noctis Labyrinth mine complex. This is also the supposed site of the C'tan known as the Void Dragon.

There is a schism within the Adeptus Mechanicus, where some pro-xenos Mechanicus personnel have taken to serving the C'tan, whilst those who are anti-xenos, and probably a few pro-xenos, are trying to stop them, along with the Collegiate Extremis (Evidently the Mechanicus equivalent to the Inquisition/Arbites). They took Corteswain's warning (The one who was taken to what is presumably the Outsider's Sphere, Lyriax) as a sign that the C'tan were waking up. It is possible that the Fabricator General of Mars is a C'tan supporter.

• 1 month later...

oy.

after reading through all of this ive come to three conclusions.

1. thread necromancy.

2. it seems as if the iron men were 'reprogrammed' after reaching a certain critical numerical level to act as a new force while the necrons proper were away.

3. it seems that the ousider is crazy. maybe it was a bit warp touched? all other c'tan are warp blind and untouched by its effects. if that one was able to find a way through the deception and consuming of the other c'tan maybe it drove the outsider crazy.

in terms of a modeling aspect the outsider just seems like it will have the form of a chaos beast (insane instability and all).

the idea that it went crazy and needed a little time to itself to get collected seems feasible as well. this rebalance could lead to a split within the necrons themselves. the deciever doing his little dance of distraction and the outsider being really really mad. whose to say what is within the outsider's personal bauble? or what tomb worlds are at its access within the hive claimed areas of the lower segment?

thus far i have seen no cohesive power behind the necron attacks. if these dormant forces could be awakened it could ne interesting.

void dragon with reconstructed iron men (maybe even a titan or two), the outsider with splinter necron horde, ole nighty being a sledgehammer and el decievo dancing the dance of ruin...

Well i can see that Dr mechanius his here to... " hatorII here budy" :lol:

Well as I and many other friends of my, this is a quisten that we have work over at our necron forum for weeks now.

And yes there is something deep under the soil of Mars but as we have only very Very strong hints, but GW will not tell us Yes or No.... They hang everything on a thread with no real end. but yes something old and evil is hidden away on Mars thats for sure and it have a great conextion to the C

All this nonsense is exactly why I object to the way the Necrons were shoehorned into the current fluff with little or no regard for the races and organisations which were rewritten to accommodate them, and why I will always see Necrons as the "Unclassified Xenos Raiders" they were in early fluff.

The Mechanicus is and always has been my favourite branch of the Imperium, and seeing them turned into clueless lackeys annoys the hell out of me.

but the dragan doesnt feed on souls, c'tan dont like the warp, it sacares them.

and there is no concrete proof of the fact he is on mars anyhow. just implications.

They feed on souls indeed... You haven't read the Necron Codex have you?

All this nonsense is exactly why I object to the way the Necrons were shoehorned into the current fluff with little or no regard for the races and organisations which were rewritten to accommodate them, and why I will always see Necrons as the "Unclassified Xenos Raiders" they were in early fluff.

Well, that's GW for you... At any rate, the whole thing seems abit over the top. Maybe they wanted a counter-point to the Tyranids?

no, they dont feed on souls. if you had understood the codex you would have found that the C'tan have no prescence in the warp, no abilities tied to the warp and absolutely no influence over it. pg 63 is a short story regarding a Farseer's visions of the necron dominated future where it even says the soul cannot exist in the realms of the C'tan.

there is another short story that states the daemons of the warp will gather to feast off the souls of the victims of the feasts the C'tan enage upon.

myriad other stories and novels have stated similar things too.

now if all these things are true then how can the C'tan feed on souls?

there is a conclusive quote that is on pg 25 of codex necrons, it says;

"The close weaves of dancing particles enthralled them and the deliciously focused trickles of electromagnetism leaked by the mortal bodies of the Necrontyr about them awoke a hunger in the C'tan quite unlike the one they had sated among the rging torrents of stars."

there you go, combined with all the other fluff we can digest (excuse the pun) we can see that the thing the C'tan feed upon is not souls but infact the life force of mortals and stars. essentially energy, as there are stories (Nightbringer) where the power supplies of imperial tech is drained dry, all to the feeding of the C'tan.

its an understandable confusion really, as they appear to be draining the essence of their victims as if feeding upon the soul, but this is infact untrue. one of the "great machinations" of the C'tan is to seal off the warp and material realms permanently, which wouldnt make sense if they needed souls.

there you go, combined with all the other fluff we can digest (excuse the pun) we can see that the thing the C'tan feed upon is not souls but infact the life force of mortals and stars. essentially energy, as there are stories (Nightbringer) where the power supplies of imperial tech is drained dry, all to the feeding of the C'tan.

its an understandable confusion really, as they appear to be draining the essence of their victims as if feeding upon the soul, but this is infact untrue. one of the "great machinations" of the C'tan is to seal off the warp and material realms permanently, which wouldnt make sense if they needed souls.

Semantics... That aside, the Emperor would still be a juicy sweetmeat for a C'Tan... And who says your soul is in the Warp...? You soul goes there upon death, yes, but if your soul was in the Warp, it'd have to dodge a lot of daemonic attention...

The emperor would be just another body to a C'Tan. If the C'Tan knew the power that person had over an entire race, he might take pleasure in the knowledge that he was eating humanity's only hope. That's it though.

Souls are indeed warp-related. A soul is simply a person's warp-reflection. Every person has one. The reason they are not consumed by daemons is twofold: first, a regular person's soul is so weak that daemons don't notice it; second, the emperor protects all humanity (particularly psykers) from predation by daemons.

There's fluff about how possessed (Chaos) can sometimes see soul-sparks, and that those of the daemons in other possessed are so much stronger than humans' that they completely obfuscate the humans' soul-sparks.

There's also fluff about how psykers, even those who don't know they even have psychic powers, are particularly prone to daemon attack because their souls are much brighter, and more noticeable.

If you read the fluff it's extremely clear that souls are the warp-reflections of living beings. C'tan don't eat souls, they eat people (and everything else material).

• 2 weeks later...

the C'tan definitly have some ability to affect peoples minds, which we would interpret in our society as psychic, but in 40k any influence they would have would be none warp related.

but i get what you mean. the Nightbringer was able to instil the fear of death into every race bar the orks for example, which means he had some sweeping ability that is awful close to sounding like psychic. but as they are the masters of the material (as opposed to the chaos gods that rule the warp) id suppose it is some manipluation of the laws of physics that we cannot comprehend.

but the dragan doesnt feed on souls, c'tan dont like the warp, it sacares them.

and there is no concrete proof of the fact he is on mars anyhow. just implications.

Unfortunatley, at least for you, games Workshop said it so its true.Time to move on.....

Anyway my thoughts on thisthin, being a necron player, is that yes the Dragon is on Mars, and yes some of the Mechanicus believe he is their machine god, but that is a relatively small cult based off mars and mars alone. If the dragon ever woke up,t wicth those gamesworkshop goonswill probably never let happen, It would be a small fraction of the Mech. that revolts and goes with him. Heck I even thin hemight disapprove off a bucth of 'umans following him around, and kill them all. If not then the mighty thousands of Skittari legionswill take on one or two hundred!

Unfortunatley, at least for you, games Workshop said it so its true.Time to move on.....

when did they say its true then? in what piece of text can you quote me?

im not saying that the dragon isnt on mars, im just saying it is not conclusive. it remains to be seen, no-one should make an assumption on it no matter how probable it is as GW may put him anywhere.

Ok, that was wierd.... :rolleyes: I didn't quote that from you. Sorry bout the mishap, I mean that was WEIRD! Sorry, Let me fix this. ,

The Mechanicus is and always has been my favourite branch of the Imperium, and seeing them turned into clueless lackeys annoys the hell out of me.

This is what my last post was diercted at. sorry bout that, again.

:lol: yeah we have daemons in the system!

yeah i think we are in more of an agreement regarding it the AM. (i think he probably is on mars, at least until GW figure out something else to replace him with). i wouldnt take it for sure as we dont know for definite.

it would be a good supplement for GW to release though, new necrons, AM list new c'tan, its multiple birds with a single stone!

ive never seen or read anything that states without doubt that he is on mars, only ever been speculated

As I sad there is no finaly answer to it, but every thing ells points to it, some time you need to think outside the box on what is the most logic answer. I think that that the Void Dragon is sleeaping on Mars, every thread of myth and wisper in the fluff point to it.

In the necron codex it states that something dark is on mars and that it could have had with the Age of strife to do.

I have not read anything ells that state what it could be if not the void Dragon.. but it is just my own point! :ph34r:

• 3 weeks later...

Archived