40k scale Imperator

Check the Adeptus Titanicus thread i updated yesterday...

A mate of mine in the UK says that he saw it a while ago completed on ebay...

It went for 200 gbp...

cheaper than a forgeworld Warhound...

Damn....

You try getting a full post even this short done in the down time of a CS round...

Not easy.

didnt i read somewhere that that titan was capable of shooting space marine battlebarges outa orbit

:) course dont get me wrong i also read where the imperator was capable of transporting a sm company in its "legs" now that would be some phat transportation for the marines ^_^ course any space marine on the recieving end of anywhere and enemy imperator looked would be doing the codex thing aka callin for evac while the orbital strike is inbound

I know how to take that down...

Another Imperator... :)

Seriously though...

From the adeptus titanicus rules i posted Here the Imperator is listed as being roughly 8000 points... A Reaver is rougly 2000 points

take 4 reavers with 3 volcano cannons each...

No more Imperator...

you do know that the scale is wrong? :) A normal titan like the warlord is the size of a small skyscraper .Meanig in W40 scale he is about 1,80m high . The imperator class has a cathedral on his back and can hous a regioment of tech guard (20k man). He would be 4/5 times as big as a warlord. :P

It should be...

Because Warhounds in 40K scale are 12"

Reavers stand 18" at the carapce, 20" with the carapace weapon

Now i can't remember from this point on but Warlords tend to be about 26" through to 34" depending on who builds them... Imperators would be bloddy massive... You're looking at at least 4' tall, if not 5'.

you do know that the scale is wrong? :( A normal titan like the warlord is the size of a small skyscraper .Meanig in W40 scale he is about 1,80m high . The imperator class has a cathedral on his back and can hous a regioment of tech guard (20k man). He would be 4/5 times as big as a warlord. :wub:

Ah, no. It holds a company of Tech-Guard. Plus a bunch of psychics. Plus a bunch of priests. Plus loads of crew, servitors, enginseers, and assorted other AdMech guys. There's probably an Inquisitor or two rattling around in there. I had a Callidus Assassin show up on the bridge of mine last time I played with one. Damned little girl killed my Tech-Guard captain!

It doesn't help that Titans (and other War Engines) are in a different scale (1/600) than Epic infantry or vehicles (1/300). That model between the feet is actually about half the size it 'should' be, so instead of just being 5x bigger than the Epic model, the Emperor-class titan should be _10X_ larger (which, without using a scale on the picture, it looks like is the case).

Again, False Gods (Horus Heresy book 2) states that Dies Irae ("Dee-ays EE-ray," Day of Wrath), an Emperor-class titan, stands 43 meters tall. While that's dang big (roughly 140 feet tall for the metric-impaired like me), about 14 stories tall, it isn't as gigantic as some people would believe (or the pictures from old versions of Epic would imply).

It should be...

Because Warhounds in 40K scale are 12"

Reavers stand 18" at the carapce, 20" with the carapace weaponNow i can't remember from this point on but Warlords tend to be about 26" through to 34" depending on who builds them... Imperators would be bloddy massive... You're looking at at least 4' tall, if not 5'.

Well, Forge World make them at 12", and Armourcast before them, but using the measurements of the battle titan (Which a Warlord is) from the last post , it would probably have to be around 25m, and a Reaver roughly 20. This would be around the 12" mark and the 10" mark, respectively.

And besides, who said model scale equates to size? Space Marines should technically be around 31mm, but they're not...

The whole scale system is screwed.

Has anyone ever sat down and wondered how you can get 10 marines in a rhino for instance?

When people build titans in 40K they tend to be about the size i listed earlier. They want something big and imposing, not this pathetic little thing that looks no stronger than a dreadnought...

According to my 2006 FW catalog, a Warhound is roughly 10.5" tall, depending on how the legs are posed.

By the fluff in Imperial Armor 3, a Warhound is 14m tall at rest, which implies that it's a little taller than that on the move.

Given those numbers, forgeworld sculpts at about 1/56th scale [(14*39.36)/10.5=52.48, 1/56th scale would make for a 9+7/8" tall model], which is pretty much the accepted scale for '28mm' modern figures.

FWIW, I have seen 5 Termies stuffed into a Land Raider (with space left over), and it looks like one of my projects is going to be putting 10 Marines into a Rhino now. I believe that it will work. Squad Sergeant sits up forward with the driver, 4 Marines sit in the back, and 5 Marines stand (one behind each side door, and three down the center of the Rhino). At least that what FW shows in Imperial Armor 2. I've got enough spare Marines laying around that I can build it pretty easily. May do that for a 'Battle Scene' having a squad of Marines de-bussing from a Rhino while under fire.

That was Mike Biasi's Imperator - standing around 45 inches tall. Never completed, it was sold to someone in England. There is a photo of it, sans plunger, on a Spainish website, but sadly, it was no nearer to completetion.

Ah, here is the other photo - [it's gone, no longer with us, lost forever...]

Archived