40k scale Imperator

• 2 weeks later...
How can you possibly destroy something like that?

Vortex Missile to the head works pretty well.

Wasn't there a story that Russ managed to topple one of these things.

Oh come on! Actually, that would fit into his backstory pretty well... :lol:

• 3 weeks later...
That was Mike Biasi's Imperator - standing around 45 inches tall. Never completed, it was sold to someone in England. There is a photo of it, sans plunger, on a Spainish website, but sadly, it was no nearer to completetion.

Ah, here is the other photo - http://usuarios.lycos.es/inquisitorweb/inqui68.htm

For the love of all that is holy, get rid of that link!! There're like 5 pop-ups that sprout out the instant you enter.

Am I the only one who is unimpressed with this model? It looks like (well, it is) simply a giant clone of the epic model, rather than detailed as you would think they would be...

These are the most powerful warmachines of the Adeptus Mechanicus, massive shrines to the Omnissiah, this just looks like bleh. It just doesnt look right to me...

I wonder what kind of AP value you get on a plunger.

If the one in my bathroom is any indication, I know it ignores invulnerable saves for toilet clogs.

Keep in mind that I'm figuring the regular strength of a toilet flush at S8 AP1, due to the fact it is able to easily wound but not outright kill the occasional monstrous creature I produce.

• 9 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Patrick O)))

In the name of the Ommisiah I announce you a 1337 speaking squeaker and inform you that the Inquisition have been dispatched...

Don't waste our time with this immature garbage.

On the story about Russ toppling a Titan...

The story goes he ripped a Warhound Titan's head off with his bare hands.

Warhounds are just a bit smaller than these monsters... But that is still a pretty impressive feat, even for a primach.

Just noticed but...

...those are two different Imperators! The WIP one the thread starter posted is much closer to the original than the one in the hall; there are loads of differences, most noticable the head and the shape of the lower legs.

Gentlemen; they're multiplying! :)

Just noticed but...

...those are two different Imperators! The WIP one the thread starter posted is much closer to the original than the one in the hall; there are loads of differences, most noticable the head and the shape of the lower legs.

Gentlemen; they're multiplying! :D

.. AHA! I knew I wasn't the only one that thought that. The painted one has different leg structure.

I've been thinking about making a Emperor Class Titan lately...by my calculations it comes out to be 30 inches tall aprox in 40k scale...I dont have very acurate or reliable stats for it, but it scares the living daylights of my friend...even befire i started

• 2 months later...
I still think its too small. Plus the leg joint are nowhere near large enough to acommodate stair cases and so forth. Thats what happens when you just blow up Epic scale, you get niggling little things cropping up! :D

There weren't stairs between the leg bastions and the upper areas.

I still think its too small. Plus the leg joint are nowhere near large enough to acommodate stair cases and so forth. Thats what happens when you just blow up Epic scale, you get niggling little things cropping up! :lol:

There weren't stairs between the leg bastions and the upper areas.

Actually, according to the Horus Heresy there are. (a moderatus of the Dies Irae ascends from the ground, through one of the legs all the way up to the head)

Also, even though there is no mention of any such stairs (or elevators for that matter) in earlier fluff does not rule out their existence. In fact, it makes sense for there to be some sort of passage for the crew to get to the torso/head section from the ground.

After all, Imperators are generally transported form world to world and spend prescious little time docked, with connector bridges allowing access from gantryways, like Warhounds, Reavers and/or Warlords, as part of a planetary defence force would.

Although I have to grant you that form an operational militairy view, it would make sense to not have access from the ground, as it could always happen that the transported company of guardsmen/Skittarii are overrun and in that situation, the titan would be lost, as boarders would be able to ascend all the way to the cockpit/head area and kill the princeps...

You could always seal the leg and electrocute them, flush plasma at them, or maybe there's some incapacitating gases that can be released.

I mean, I'd assume they'll have thought of preventing enemy troops from breaching the God-Machine's inside.

Who are you gonna believe, some novelist, or me, an experienced princeps?

Hah hah! ;)

Didnt some old fluff refer to the fact that an Imperator class can house a whole guard regiment in each leg section? Anyone else remember this? Im sure Im not making it up! :rolleyes:

Going off scale from 40k to epic, or going by the actual heights an Imperator wouldn't really be that big. 43 meters is not really that big when you think about the fact that a marine is over 2meters tall. I actually did the math once, comparing several 40k minis and epic minis and the Imperator came out to be around 45cm tall.

I'll go ahead and re-post my math.

Hieght: Epic imperator 12 cm. Epic dreadnaught 1.5cm Epic chaos marine .6cm.

40k Chaos marine(shoe to head):little over 3cm

40k chaos dread(IW forgeworld):5.75cm

40kmarine 3cm/ epic .8cm= 3.75 conversion ratio

40k dreadnaught 5.75cm/ epic 1.5cm= 3.833 conversion ratio

Epic Imerator 12cm * 3.75(marine)= 45cm. Not really big at all.

I'll point something else out, the last time I did this comparison I compared the marine rhino doors and the doors to the titan's doors in its feet. The titan door and rhino door were about the same... both to small for a marine to fit in, just like in 40k. So a scaled Imperator titan would have doors in its feet smaller than a marine. However if I made one I would still make him at least 3 ft tall.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y66/IronWinds/DSCN0412.jpg

I realized later that the tiny mini that I thought was a chaos marine was actually a squat... but hey it is still pretty close.

Thats what happens when you just blow up Epic scale, you get niggling little things cropping up!

Like that on a 40k scale Imperator 40k minis wouldn't be able to fit through the really big doors, yet alone the small hatches and such scattered around on an Imperator. Of course 40k minis already can not get inside their own tanks. Even epic 'suats' can't stand on the balcony on an Imperator titan, even without their bases they at to wide to fit between the balcony railing and the cathedral style building, and only 1 squat could stand in the cathedral. So it is more of a fancy one person hut/bathroom than a cathedral. I guess its really a port of john. :cry:

Archived