40k scale Imperator

To address a few of the questions and suppositions on the Imperator in the first post. The Imperator in the first photo was sculpted by Mike Biasi during the time of the Armorcast license as a personal side project. That photo was taken in his home shop. It is 40 inches high and was scaled up from the Epic models the same way the other Armorcast Titans were (using GW's published Titan heights from Adeptus Titanicus). We did not have the option to drastically alter the sizes of Titans like Forge World does. If I remember correctly the actual size would have been 36" , but Mike made it a little taller.

The Legio Mortis Dies Irae Imperator Titan is listed in the HH novels as 43 meters high. Using a figure height scale of 1" = 5' (1/60th scale), this comes out to 28" tall in 40K "scale", so would be smaller than Mike's model.

Regarding the lack of detail, no detail has been added at all. Detail would have been added after the basic structure was finished.

The Plasma gun is not a plunger, but a machined resin piece...

Casting it would have been really exciting, but it could have been done. We were looking at a price of around $1200.

Tim DuPertuis

Armorcast Owner 1995-2007

Well that clears up a lot of stuff :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
Well, as far as destructing the ole Imperators, a squad of Chaos Marine Terminators managed to fight their way onto the leg of one, set some charges, and blow its leg out from under it.

where did you read that too???? :whistling:

didnt i read somewhere that that titan was capable of shooting space marine battlebarges outa orbit

<_< course dont get me wrong i also read where the imperator was capable of transporting a sm company in its "legs" now that would be some phat transportation for the marines :D course any space marine on the recieving end of anywhere and enemy imperator looked would be doing the codex thing aka callin for evac while the orbital strike is inbound

ur under the imperitor rules that were reliced to day, it can.

Well !%@# this, I'm off to build up Warhammer Fantasy Battle army, I'm not going to lose every single one of my marines every game to a unit that can Poop twice my numbers in minutes, destroy entire cities in seconds, and traverse the ENTIRE table six to eight times per turn...

While I find the datafax underwhelming, I do like that toned-down natured of the Emperor as it gives an easier to reach goal for building a couple of them. I'm just annoyed at the typo's: Vengence Cannon shown on the Carapace yet not in the stats, firing ports not able to fire to the left, and no mention on how many passengers can actually fire from the ports.

That said, I'm still building two ("Why build only one when you can build two at twice the price!").

SJ

Hey guys just an fyi, (I just saw this thread) in the book Titanicus Dan Abnett mentions that an Emperator has void shields capable of weathering orbital fire indefinitely. They simply can't focus enough fire on its shields from orbit to overload them.

*Titanicus Spoiler*

It takes roughly 40 titans, which are a mix of reavers, warlords, and a couple warhounds slaving their targeting system to one titan and focusing an alpha strike on one portion of the shields to down this beast. So as far as table-top games go it should be physically impossible to defeat one of these. And of course if Abnett says it of course its true right? <_<

Archived