Loquille's attempt to stop lurking. Horus Heresy log.

Loquille

Completed a test squad today, just 10 Volkite Chargers. They've finally been painted after sitting in various Legion's to do pile. 

Though they appear brighter in the photos than actual. A few things will be done differently I think on the actual troops, but happy over all with them. 

Xe0rKlk.jpg

Now onto some Veterans for the list. :smile.:

Edited by Loquille

• 3 weeks later...

I've made some more progress! 

I've managed to finish off the next two units for the White Scars in the shape of two Veteran squads. 

c9dygJi.jpg

qKBYuG8.jpg

MuL7aVB.jpg

Not my best, but overall I'm happy with how the white has turned out on the units. 

Also tried to tie the MKIV vets in with the Praetor by adding in some small thigh plates.

FL9BHRj.jpg

Next up on the table is an Alpha Legion Saboteur and five Destroyers for the Scars.   

@Pearson73. Thankyou. The joy of liking different Legions, you have to try them all at some point.. :) 

As always, thanks for looking.

Scars looking good again, nice work mixing in the red armour plates. How will you be painting the Destroyers, basic black, or something different?

@Pearson73. Thankyou. The joy of liking different Legions, you have to try them all at some point.. :) 

Ha, well, I'm trying to deny that logic and stick true to one legion, though it's very tough to do so.

Scars looking good again, nice work mixing in the red armour plates. How will you be painting the Destroyers, basic black, or something different?

@Pearson73. Thankyou. The joy of liking different Legions, you have to try them all at some point.. :smile.: 

Ha, well, I'm trying to deny that logic and stick true to one legion, though it's very tough to do so.

Thanks, red really helps breaking up the painting, even if it is just the odd panel. 

For the Destroyers I'm going for similar to this. 

lziCwdL.png

It pops up when I search for White Scars Destroyers, and I quite like it. Current test model looks a touch too Thousand Sons though, so hopefully transfers will bring it back round. 

Very, very tough... I keep failing :) 

So... Not the Destroyers I mentioned, but they are on the desk part painted, so they're on the way! 

Anywho.. I decided to do a Jet Bike Praetor before diving into all the red. 

kvxxE6W.jpg

PczWLMS.jpg

naEwoTe.jpg

While I know it doesn't match the usual theme, I like to imagine them absorbing different cultures, even if it was from the Empires on their world.  so I decided to add this as personal Heraldry for the Khan, while the other officers will have more traditional bits. 

@Bjorn Firewalker: Thanks dude

@Person73: Yeah, I like mixing different bits around, even when they're quite uniform with the Iron warriors and Alphas, just adds a touch of personality to them. 

@Brother Dallo: Thankyou, I'm pretty happy when I look back at what's improved.  I've not sadly, though I should probably pull them all out at some point to see what's painted and what's still waiting paint in each Legion. Besides the Emperor's Children, they were folded in for the Alpha Legion as I just wasn't into the scheme in the end. 

Up next, I'm back to the Destroyers, or as much of them as I can. Waiting on the heads to come back into stock and the lowly Saboteur.

Edited by Loquille

@Bjorn FireWalker. More on the symbolism of renewal and 'fleeting nature of life'. So striking on the wind and renewal follwing 'compliance' Is how I'd played it in my mind. More for the beauty side of things as well, as we know the Scars wrote poetry and such.  

• 4 weeks later...

Just a quick update with a little orbital brick 

khtyUjH.jpg

uKo6L5e.jpg

aYMhCYP.jpg

So just a Dread pod, the occupant is on his way don't worry. Hopefully I'll be able to post up the Destroyers complete next week, as long as I'm able to order the heads later on. Besides that I've also got the Arcus nearing completion. 

@Pearson73: Thankyou, I enjoy playing with little bits like that :) 

@Badgersinthehills: Thanks! 

The one good thing having a few things in progress at the same time. An Arcus makes its arrival. 

LD7Otzw.jpg

mL1YSBO.jpg

KjmWcBA.jpg

@Pearson83: Thanks, it's the new version of the pod. I've never built the old version so no idea how that went together, but this version is a dream going together. 

BjorFirewalker: Thanks dude 

@Chaeron: Thankyou :) 

So up next hopefully will be the Leviathan to go with the pod, but there's a few mid completion so we'll see what jumps the queue. 

Another Drop pod arrives from orbit. 

Finished up the first of the Dreadclaw Drop pods this afternoon. 

dTV9aFK.jpg

xo9nJ5o.jpg

4T9ECqc.jpg

Nearly out of in progress, then I'd need to decide what to actually start lol

@BjornFirewalker: Thanks dude

@Badgersinhills: Thanks

I should note, I noticed and fixed the missing weathering on the fin earlier. :smile.:

Edited by Loquille

Slipping the surgical glove on she turns to the patient nervously perched on the chair.

'Okay, good news and bad news I'm afraid. The good news is I can see you now'

The look of worry on the Goliath's face deepens.

'An.. and the bad news?'

She grins as the soft purr of her aurgmetic catches the ganger's attention. 

'I'm left handed' 

Her grin becomes more genuine as the ganger passes out. 

ShPvoKS.jpg

JaWf1F2.jpg

FenIHGP.jpg

Finally got around to painting the Rogue Doc, one of my favourite hangers on from Necro, and a nice change before sliding back to painting more power armour. Will need to work the Look out in as I work on the next batch.  

Edited by Loquille