Cosmic Space Knights (of doom)

Doghouse

Thanks guys! :nuke:

It looks overbalanced because I haven't added the rear tractor unit that will support the toewr on the rear. The inspiration for the model comes from the artwork in the Inquisitor and Dark Angels codexes.

I'll be adding the heavy bolters to the small double window that I added just above the three windows on the front. I will be adding servitors and chapter serfs to the model that count as extra armour.

The idea is that the raider's machine spirit is a bit...well...mental really. It doesn't like letting it's passengers out because if it does it'll have less enemies to squish with it's tracks. Imagine a fifty foot three year old child covered in armour plating and armed with two twin linked lascannon and a twin linked heavy bolter throwing a tamtrum because you won't let him have ice-cream and you kind of get the idea.

I'm toying around with making it a Crusader mainly because I will be using it to charge straight into the enemy or even a Redeemer s it rushes forwards to squish things.

The Fortress (...of doom)

Senior tech-serf Oswald hurried through the warren of trenchs to the Imperial Guard command bunker keeping as low as humanly possible as shells exploded around him showering him with mud and dirt.

The bunker lighting flickered and shook as the occasional direct hit was scored by the enemy rebel guardmen siege weapons.

"Well? Where is it?" Captain Vaan Damage asked impatiently as he sat in his ornate command throne in the centre of the bunker.

Oswald began to feel more than a little uncomfortable could feel the eyes of everyone in the bunker turning to him expectantly.

"There...well..."

"SPIT IT OUT MAN!" Vaan Damage bellowed as his patiance wore thin. An explosion tore into the roof of the bunker sending beams and debris crashing down as though his words were spoken with the power to bring down worlds around them. As the dust settled Oswald could see the arm of one of Vaan Damage's aids poking through the rubble.

"Never mind him, he'll be alright once he's had the rest of the afternoon off." Vaan Damage dismissed the injured aid casually "where is it? My men are bravely getting slaughtered out there!"

"It says it's not coming," Oswald blurted out "it says you upset it!"

Vaan Damage groaned as he ran the palm of his hand the length of his face.

"Brother Boombox, patch me through to the Fortress!" He barked to the Astarte sat at the comms panel.

"Yes my lord" the marine answered dutifuly as the comms system flickered into life.

"Fortress! this is Captain Vaan Damage I am ordering you to advance on my position and provide fire support immediately!"

The room was silent except for the dull crump of shells exploding out side and the hiss of static of from the open comms line.

"+++NO+++" The metallic voice replied as the static was interupted.

"Advance immediately!" Vaan Damage ordered

"+++DON'T WANT TO+++"

"As Captain of the first company I order you to advance!" The Captain barked, his knuckles whitening as he began to crush the arms of the command throne as he tightened his grip in impatience.

"+++NO+++CAN'T MAKE ME+++" The voice sulked.

"ADVANCE NOW!!!" The bunker shook with another direct hit, Oswald screamed rather girlishly and cowered in the corner of the room.

"+++DON'T WANT TO+++"

"What's is the matter Fortress?" Vaan Damage sighed.

There was silence.

"+++YOU SHOUTED AT ME+++"

"No I never!"

"+++YES YOU DID+++"

"I did no such thing!"

"+++YOU DID TECH-SERF OSWALD HEARD YOU+++"

Vaan Damage turned his gaze on the cowering Tech-Serf and muttered to himself under his breath.

"You see those men out there?"

"+++WHAT THE SILVER ARMOURED MEN?+++" The disembodied voice enquired.

"No...those are OUR men..."

"+++OH SO I CAN'T SQUISH THEM THEN?+++"

"No..." The captain continued as he tried to ignore the last comment "the other men, the bad men."

"+++YES+++"

"They're ones that told me to shout at you!"

The Fortress paused in thought.

"+++CAN I SQUISH THEM?+++"

"Yes, go squish the bad men!" Vaan Damage sighed as he cradled his head in his hands.

"+++ORDER ACKNOWLEDGED+++TARGET SIGHTED AND ENGAGING+++"

The Captain slumped back in his chair, it was going to be a very long day.

;) ing with :turned: - That was brilliant... very good... now all you need are some squished bits of traitor covering the tracks...

Laterz...

Doghouse, been reading this thread for months and was gutted when you took your break. Fantastic to see the CSD(od) back up and running again. Thanks for cheering up my day.

Cheers guys! ;)

I've got a lot planned for the Fortress and hopefully will turn it into a mini-diorama in itself with Chapter Serf crew and all manner of wierdness. I'm working on the rear tractor unit at the moment but am going to pour the details onto this brute as it forms the centre piece of the army.

I'm off to Southampton today though for a much needed pub crawl but hope to get some more done tomorrow, need to blow off steam after an incredibly bad and stressfull week!

^_^ :lol: how the hell did you comme up whit this idea?

i love it! a tavern as a landraider (or is it the other way?)

a child-landraider, it's killing me! :) genius!

love the baner, the bolters (have a nise day ;) consider it stolen!) and the former emperor's champion!

keep up the nice work!

I'm off to Southampton today though for a much needed pub crawl but hope to get some more done tomorrow, need to blow off steam after an incredibly bad and stressfull week!

You live around Soton?? I just finished 7 years of uni there... Needless to say, I'm disappointed I never saw any of your models in the flesh, but hey I'll be in Dorchester next year, I may have to remember to hunt some of your models down at some point... :Troops:

Laterz...

:D

I'm away for 2 days and one of the best inventions in the history of the mechanicum is created and has a personality to rival 'Jack. Excellent work Doghouse, if the B+C gave medals you would be among the few at the top of my list to recieve the highest one possible.

Any news on Brother Toilet Brush? I think the bway to make him if you do is to use an assault marine's legs and make him lie down with the missile launcher's hand as if saying "Talk to the hand because I'm in a sulk!" :lol:

Keep up the spectacular work,

Cambrius

Thanks guys! :)

Slightly off topic but just had an amazing day in southampton, train hit a tree, pirates, mad trek home after we missed the last train home, most random pub tour ever and absolutely did me the world of good!!!

Dam13n: I'm in Basingstoke but Southampton was great. ;)

Back on topic...

Brother Cambrius: Brother Toilet-Brush will definately make an appearance but I'll be going for a sort of sulking pose. He'll either be sat down or stood upright with his arms folded in full sulk! The talk to the hand idea is really good, I like that one! :)

With the big fancy base, have a bit extra out the front...

to accomodate the screaming + running enemy Guardsmen!B)

Yesss, also on a bit of a tangent... My sister went on holiday, and while in London, bit some random teenager on the Tube. Yes, bit. If this was on the news over there, i have nothing to say but WOOT.

Thanks guys! :D

The new ramming rules for 5th edition will be perfect for the Fortress. May need to try and make it a Crusader now though.

I haven't got much more done on the Landraider but have started Brother-Captain Britney of the Second company and will be posting shots and some fluff later today if I can. :P

Well, this thread has proven to be a blend of comic genius for the space marines. i always wanted to do something comical with my tau, but i always thought about making one model look like hs trying to get a marker-light laser pointer beam out of his eye, but something like this where the whole army is filled with little nuances and tricks really makes it special

Doghouse,

Can I suggest a Tactical Marine that has his hand over his eyes when firing? Or something of the sort? (hiding, looking for the safety, that kind of thing)

Also, the genius that is the oven mitts for the plasma gun, and the stuck cape for Meathead are hilarious!

Archived