Quest for the Golden Demon - What's to Come

LunchBox

what are ytou working on starks? or is it a secret?

It's top secret...the fact that you've even asked makes you subject to observation.

I'm glad I'm not under observation! *Looks around suspiciously!*

Go back to painting!

nothing surpasses the eyes of lunchbox and starks :tu:

any updates?

Lunchbox, it's a pleasure to see your sweet words once again in my browser, it's been far too long.

I am loving your new work, and it's always nice to see how painters approach Space Marines, and I am rather partial to yours :unsure:

Nice to see you again

M

Updates? Why, yes!

A bit more progress on the Librarian...obviously, the arms were just started:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v492/lunchboxmtbr/libbiewip-1.jpg

*Thanks for the kind words, Maro!

Is the Librarian's chest supposed to be purple?

Bah...I think my camera's filters picked up a bit too much red somewhere...the Librarian's armor is a steely blue. It's more obvious in person.

Thanks!

My, how time flies!

Nice work Lunchbox, looking good again for this year! Man that was a quick 365 days!! I remember you chatting about GD 07!!

Hopefully the pics will work better once I get home, but the ones that did filter through are great as ever.

Also :lol: Nice Gothmog on Coolmini ;)

I feel sad that you still haven't updated! I know you've done more work on the libby! :P

Alright then...I'll get more pics up this afternoon. I blew out almost half a week working on the Castigator model...and got some painting done on him last night. The painting on him is...well...interesting. I can't tell if I'm really artsy, and cutting edge, or if I'm ruining a decent model.

Copied from the DIY swap wip thread:

As to my wip...I got a little work done on him last night. Nothing is finished, I still have work to do on the face, and the armor had about 15 glazes of shade colors using brick red, a dark purplish red, and a few different blues. I'm playing around with highlighting colors, and I found a couple of reddish flesh tones that should work.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v492/lunchboxmtbr/castigatorwip4-1.jpg

Here's progress on the Librarian:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v492/lunchboxmtbr/libbiewip2-1.jpg

Excellent. I'm really tempted to try using a white undercoat, instead of black. I used it once before, and never really got into it.

M

In retrospect, I should have used a light gray primer on the Castigator...I'm having to work against myself to darken the color quite a bit. I added some more layers, using greens to shade the red, and worked on the face a bit more. If it stays rainy today, I may get more done.

Archived