Quest for the Golden Demon - What's to Come

LunchBox

i dont think the sword colour fits in, something darker(maybe even black) i think would work better, keep focus away from the sword, too many colours will distract from the focus

im tempted to say keep the blue colour on the banner, but im also tempted to suggest a more desaturated blue for it, thats an option but you might be best to keep it as is

just change the sword colour and it should be fine

oh and another thing, can you get a squad shot? so i can see them all together, will help with composition

Starks

Got to agree with Starks on this, the body of the chainsword looks odd. The highlights at the tip especially draw the eye away from the banner.

Otherwise, great work. Just gives me another reason to keep working on blending marine armour.

I never was happy with that chainsword...I'll darken the green, but it still needs to match the green on Brother Veteran Berkova. As for the violet starskape...I like it, and want to keep it rich.

What do ya'll think of the conversion though?

Bjorn: I have backed away from the charcoal wash on anything but the gray armor...it dirties the colors too much.

I'll get a squad shot up tomorrow, as I will try to finish him tonight, but I doubt I will get him completely done. I still have the top of the front, and the entire back of the banner to complete. After that, the base, which will be quite an effort, as it will be my first use of water effects.

Now that you've added the standard he looks less like Ceasar and more like a marine....pity, I liked him looking like Ceasar. I like the pose, the standard, the overall effect of the conversion. It suits him somehow. Still not totally sure I like the color choice for the cloak but that's a personal thing.

Alright...after 666 posts :devil: , I vanished for a week. Last night was my first real chance to get some work done on the squad. The Standard Bearer is almost finished, I just need to finish up the base, and add a few more contrasting glazes to the back side of the banner. Here they are as a squad...and I took the flying guy out, as he didn't fit the movement of the squad.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v492/lunchboxmtbr/squad2-1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v492/lunchboxmtbr/squad1-1.jpg

Looks great, though the lone fellow on the small base looks a bit out of place now.

Yeah, I'm only going to add 3 more models (11 minis would be too much), all on 25mm bases...so it should even out nicely. Also, once I get their display base cranked out, they'll really come together.

I darkened that chainsword quite a bit, and I like it a lot better now.

Yeah man, you do! I saw someone posted them on Facebook too.

On facebook? That's odd...

PM me the link, if you find it again.

I went up to the shop to pick up my Smurfs, and a copy of the WD. Looks like my honorable mentions are in there too...and they spelled my name wrong.

I'll feel like a tool now whenever I post my grey marines...

Awesome job man, I love each model, they're all unique and still coherent at the same time. You've got a really smooth clean style. Your basing work is excellent too. A lot of folks skip giving the bases much thought. You've gone above and beyond with these guys.

I'd say you've got a hell of a shot when you enter these guys.

Archived