Quest for the Golden Demon - What's to Come

LunchBox

Well idk about cutting I might cut myself, but I can help with the painting! :P I just did my bathroom afterall which was to much scraping a redry walling for my tastes! :D

I gotcha beat, bub...this summer...my "teacher's summer off" included tearing out all 3 bedrooms of carpet and base moulding, chiseling out the tack strips, laying 2 pallets of bamboo flooring in those rooms, replacing all the trim with stick-built base (not the pre-fab 'buy-it-and-nail-it' stuff), filling, caulking, and painting it all...painting the 2 larger bedroom walls with 2 coats of primer, and 4 coats on the walls (because the color change was so drastic), hand cutting in all the edging instead of using an edging tool, painting the ceiling in our bedroom after installing a new ceiling fan, sanding, painting, and faux finishing 2 doors and their trim as well as all the trim in that room, tearing out ceramic tile in a bathroom and the entry way, replacing all the electrical outlets and cover plates, and retrimming the rest of the house...again with stick-built base moulding.

That's just IN the house...shall I detail for you the fencing, barn and pasture work I've been doing between training 3 horses, and giving riding lessons?

Come to think of it...when the hell DO I get a chance to paint...I'm going to the liquor store this afternoon... :P

• 2 weeks later...

Since I'm home for the next week, I guess I have time to get more done.

*For those of you who don't know, I went to the ER late Sunday night, and went into surgery Monday morning. Stupid appendix...

Anyway, here's some progress so far. I really took my time on the NMM for the sword...I spent about 3 hours on it today.

<edit> I spent 3 hours on the blade...the handle was a different story, as I changed my gold NMM recipe to play with it a bit.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v492/lunchboxmtbr/starkswip.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v492/lunchboxmtbr/starkssword.jpg

Sorry to hear about the appendix LunchBox.

The NMM looks great so far, I say so far, its still kicks the pants off what I can do! hah hah!

The poses are all great, love the giant chainsword! Looking forward to seeing a finished Chappy too! Great work and best of luck with GD! :)

Im begging to know how you acheived the studs on the first models legs... I have tried GS but they arent coming out very consistant at all...

I understand if its a trade secret though.

I'll tell you what...you seem like a nice guy, and I want to start you off right...so this TOP SECRET how-to is for YOUR EYES ONLY.

The first step is crucial...

http://www.solegends.com/citle/citle2000/GamesDay/gd2005SpaceMarineVeteranParts.jpg

*Buy the mini...LOL :)

It's the Games Day 2005 mini, and I swapped the arm.

Im begging to know how you acheived the studs on the first models legs... I have tried GS but they arent coming out very consistant at all...

I understand if its a trade secret though.

I'll tell you what...you seem like a nice guy, and I want to start you off right...so this TOP SECRET how-to is for YOUR EYES ONLY.

The first step is crucial...

*Buy the mini...LOL :turned:

It's the Games Day 2005 mini, and I swapped the arm.

You're a bit of an A-hole, Lunchbox. :devil: That's what I love about you! B)

....hold me?

*For those of you who don't know, I went to the ER late Sunday night, and went into surgery Monday morning. Stupid appendix...

See...I can blame it all on the pain-meds. You know, because usually I'm a precious, fuzzy little bunny.

See...I can blame it all on the pain-meds. You know, because usually I'm a precious, fuzzy little bunny.

Mine ruptured when I was 13, might be the most pain I can remember ever being in. Most of that month is a blur.

I forgive you, fuzzy bunny.

I finished Captain Starks today. I have to figure out how to speed this up a bit...the backpack took over 6 hours.

I changed my gold NMM up a bit, and played with the NMM steel recipe too. I custom mixed 2 more shades of gray, and glazed all the highlights.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v492/lunchboxmtbr/CaptainStarks.jpg

I think I need to drive over to lunchbox's and kick him. he seems to get more stuff done while in pain. either that or hide his pain killers.

Looking good lunchbox. I need come by for painting lessons.

Thanks, Bitz...hey, have you gotten a surprize from GW yet? The day I got home from the hospital, there was a package with the 1st place painted army plaque, 3 boxes of Harliquins, a Shadowseer, and a Death Jester.

It made me feel better...or it coulda been the morphine...

Neph, the only problem with that is that it takes me too damn long to get anything done! I spent the same amount of time on that stupid pack that Wappellious spends painting a single mini.

Hey, this guy looks really fantastic! Congrats on another amazing paintjob! :)

I think one of the reasons I got to painting faster was all the people who wanted to see thier painted minis yesterday.. or last week, or last month.... :rolleyes:

All the extra care and time you spent on that backpack really shows, and I'm sure it is even more stunning when you see it for real!

Hey, this guy looks really fantastic! Congrats on another amazing paintjob! :)

I think one of the reasons I got to painting faster was all the people who wanted to see thier painted minis yesterday.. or last week, or last month.... :rolleyes:

All the extra care and time you spent on that backpack really shows, and I'm sure it is even more stunning when you see it for real!

Yeah...but you could get the same results in the time I spent on that backpack...I need help...

Archived