Quest for the Golden Demon - What's to Come

LunchBox

I may indeed add a couple of very light glazes to the actual bone parts. Also, can you not tell what the "bumpy things" on his head are? That would be bad for me. Overall, I like how bright he turned out...especially for a black armored mini. I probably won't change him too much, as I was trying to speed paint him...and it worked. I managed to only spend about 20 hours painting him, and he'll be in the 40K Squad comp...so I'm not going to put in the literal months I would on a single entry. However, I always appreciate your input, and will take your advise to heart. When I get around to my single mini's...then I'll really need you pushing me! How do you think he'll work in a squad entry?

no i cant tell what they are but it might be the angles of the photos, and dont worry, I never stop pushing, I was trained that way playing football :D

Hey mate, hows the wife? The baby ok?

And are we still planning on Team Texas and GD Chicago?

Nice, maybe i will go to chicago then ;) cant let the trophies stay in the US after all :P hahaha, nah i donno, I have a massive time consuming entry for Toronto, and tones of models to paint and sell, but we'll see

Starks

depending on when chicago GD is i might go also, illl have an entry, but itll be kinda paltry next 2 urs lunchbox.

But what the hell, ill give it a shot anyway.

BTW starks, when i start my GD entry thread, i want you to push me as hard (actually harder) than you push Lunchbox, ill need it a lot more than he does.

depending on when chicago GD is i might go also, illl have an entry, but itll be kinda paltry next 2 urs lunchbox.

But what the hell, ill give it a shot anyway.

BTW starks, when i start my GD entry thread, i want you to push me as hard (actually harder) than you push Lunchbox, ill need it a lot more than he does.

no problem

@Lunchbox, how many entries you planning? as many as you get done?

Planning a PA squad of 11 if I can get them all done...I'll work on them part time after I complete 6 total...I have 3 done (includes the Chappy), and 1 is 90% done.

I'll wait to see what's coming out next summer before I decide on a 40K Single entry. I hope it can be a PA entry, since that's what I love.

For 40K Large Model...I have planned a vile xenos, and I haven't decided on my open entry...and maybe a few more in the other categories.

Sig...that's SWEET!!!

SIDE NOTE: Please tell me someone can tell what the hell I sculpted onto his head!

Looks like Fingers....

I hope you know.....

M

Yes...they are boney fingers...I went with a theme here...

Oh, Starks: My wife read your reply, and said, "Who the hell is he that he can talk to you that way?" To which I replied, "A better painter." (I then explained the Wolf Priest to her, and she understood.)

the finger ridges on his head look fine Lunch. I hope the missus lets you out with team texas at CGD would be a waste other wise on some parts specially with MCA and myself still wanting "lunchwraps" painting school if it goes down. Team texas was mostly for deamons but if we have some players in the GT that's interested let me know

the finger ridges on his head look fine Lunch. I hope the missus lets you out with team texas at CGD would be a waste other wise on some parts specially with MCA and myself still wanting "lunchwraps" painting school if it goes down. Team texas was mostly for deamons but if we have some players in the GT that's interested let me know

Actually, I would prefer "Team Texas" be a GT entity, not a GD one. The reason being, is that we can all make a great showing an have a blast at the tourny. But...if we act like we're some bad-@ss painting team, we're going to look like goof balls. Let's face it; there are teams out there that compete where every member is a sword winner...so I think we'd have some reputation to earn BEFORE we start advertizing ourselves as a painting team. Now, if TT wants to enter a few minis in the Demons in addition to the showing at the GT...that's awsome.

Does that make sense? I really like the idea of having a smallish, select group that gets together in Chicago for merriment.

I feel embarassed, cuz honestly I thought they were big juicy maggots on his head >.> I would start my current GD entry thread for Chicago, but it's an entirely different category. A non-board-safe category at that.

I have a few PA entry ideas though. Should I log them or let them be a surprise?

[

Oh, Starks: My wife read your reply, and said, "Who the hell is he that he can talk to you that way?" To which I replied, "A better painter." (I then explained the Wolf Priest to her, and she understood.)[/b]

hahaha, whew good thing :)

Starks

Actually, I would prefer "Team Texas" be a GT entity, not a GD one. The reason being, is that we can all make a great showing an have a blast at the tourny. But...if we act like we're some bad-@ss painting team, we're going to look like goof balls. Let's face it; there are teams out there that compete where every member is a sword winner...so I think we'd have some reputation to earn BEFORE we start advertizing ourselves as a painting team. Now, if TT wants to enter a few minis in the Demons in addition to the showing at the GT...that's awsome.

Does that make sense? I really like the idea of having a smallish, select group that gets together in Chicago for merriment.

I agree, although I expect everyone from Team Texas to enter in the Demon, I am thinking it is more of a GT thing! As well as a great time for the Texas players and Bjorn Firewolf to get to know each other better and form a stronger community here! :whistling:

If your interested in Team Texas, please PM me instead of hijacking Lunchbox's thread. Thanks

Sorry for the steal. I couldn't figure out what was on his head but it looked cool! lol

Man, we need to get you up to the shop sometime soon! :) I want to see these in person without driving to the house! haha

You goof ball...my house is (kinda) on the way to the shop...it's like half the distance for you.

Oh, and the wife and I will be in Flower Mound...right up the street on Sunday. I'm going by to pick up my squad (and demon) :tu: around lunch.

Archived