Quest for the Golden Demon - What's to Come

LunchBox

I'm waiting for all the gs to set up before I start sanding and trimming. Also, put more pics in your CMON account.

I need to paint more models before I can do that. :)

I'll see what I can do though :P

M

++EDIT++ Added an Uruk-hai to my account. Just to keep you in suspense. It's currently 'waiting'

• 2 weeks later...

I've been working on the Chaplain for a couple of weeks. I wasn't going to post him until he was done, but I'm so pleased with the way he's turning out, that I have to...here's what I've got:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v492/lunchboxmtbr/mcawippaint.jpg

I decided to further push myself by trying SENMM on larger areas, and carried that over to the trim stuff. I'm going to touch up the butt-plate, because I don't think it blended out as well as I wanted. I took a pic of the front, with the greaves painted up, but it didn't come out right. The claw, including the trim took about 10 hours, and the rest, including the shoulder only took about 4. I'll complete the other arm before I finish with the top/back, so I don't rub off the paint.

Thanks, guys! Well, I made a lot of progress last night...but, I had a few too many adult beverages, and what looked smoothly blended, now seems a bit sloppy. So, after I fix that, I have his shoulder pad and back/top to do...then the base and he's done! I might be able to get all that in tonight...especially if I self-moderate. :D

Ooooo me likes, love the GS work and now the picture of the painted legs and arm makes it look even better, damn nice paint job. I look forward to seeing it fully painted. :)

Thanks! You won't have to wait long...I finished him this evening; pics in the morning.

DAMN IT LUNCHBOX!!!! your just too good, you have OFFICALLY CRUSHED all of my hopes of even placing at a GD this year :P

*curls up into fetal position and proceeds to suck thumb*

ANYWAY... ill be showing up anyway, just to say that i got my but kicked by you in a painting comp... better than a lot of things that could happen.

It's been about 20 hours, and the painters putty I used on the base STILL hasn't set up...SO...I'm not messing with it again until tomorrow. The mini is done except for the bottom half of the base. I can't get my lighting correct unless it's daytime, so i'll have to get pics up tomorrow afternoon.

Well, after 3 days, the filler was still mushy, so I scraped it out and re-based those areas...SO...the unfinished parts of the base are, well, unfinished. But, the model itself is done.

Presenting, MASTER CHAPLAIN ASTADOR:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v492/lunchboxmtbr/mca3.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v492/lunchboxmtbr/mca2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v492/lunchboxmtbr/mca1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v492/lunchboxmtbr/mca4.jpg

well you know what im going to say...i know you can sense it...SO ill say it anyways :confused:

the gold NMM on the front shin pads looks sloppy in comparison, and lacks contrast, it doesnt shine or reflect very well, in fact compared to the wolf priest the gold isnt nearly as good, i think you were too worried about getting the SE part right, and forgot the NMM

also another suggestion, is right now his "bling" is the focus, and you want the face to be, so bring some colour to his face, tone down the bling a bit(the skull mostly) i think if the bumpy stuff on his forehead was a different colour it would also help, right no you kinda fade off when you look at his face, kinda almost like it isnt there

also could just be the pic, but if the claws hit pure white, they will really shine, just a tad of white, like a miniscule amount, or a bit more darkness, they look great but i think just a tad bit more contrast would make them even better

and as always more ideas--> since your cloth is the same general colour as the bone, you could spice up the bone a bit by adding some colour, it will help it look a bit nicer and differentiate it from the cloth...so something like uhh maybe some greens and reds and purples, somehting like that...or if you wanted a more colder approach add in some blues and some greens

base looks great, love your basing

I know you can do it, thats why I give you such a hard time :turned:

Starks

I may indeed add a couple of very light glazes to the actual bone parts. Also, can you not tell what the "bumpy things" on his head are? That would be bad for me. Overall, I like how bright he turned out...especially for a black armored mini. I probably won't change him too much, as I was trying to speed paint him...and it worked. I managed to only spend about 20 hours painting him, and he'll be in the 40K Squad comp...so I'm not going to put in the literal months I would on a single entry. However, I always appreciate your input, and will take your advise to heart. When I get around to my single mini's...then I'll really need you pushing me! How do you think he'll work in a squad entry?

Hey mate, hows the wife? The baby ok?

And are we still planning on Team Texas and GD Chicago?

Wife's miserable...baby's due any day now. As for "Team Texas"...sounds cool. I have the ok from my "home" site (see below) to include the site name on a shirt for a plug. I feel like I owe them, because they got me back into the game when I found my old stuff, and was looking to sell all my 1st and 2nd ed. stuff a few years back.

Anyway, we'll make those plans as they get closer!

Archived