Pre-Heresy Project

Iacton

OK, for the last few weeks I have been working on this guy as a sort of counter part to the Night Lord (Br. Archie) and so here is Br. Duncan (cookie for anyone who works out the naming!)

http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg148/Iacton/Imperial%20Fist/fin2.jpg

http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg148/Iacton/Imperial%20Fist/findetail.jpg

It was a 1st go at battle damage with trompe l'oeil scratches, and weathering as such, and also OSL to the bionic eye.

I'm sure that he isn't to everyone's taste, but I would seriously appreciate your opinions on him - good and bad - except for him being an Imperial banana! :P

The WIP thread is here - LINK

Cheers,

Iacton :P

Slightly embarissed at admiting I watched it, but I want a cookie. Are the names from Monarch of the Glen or have I missed it completly?

P.S. Duncan is very nicely done, I love the battle damage.

Brother Duncan looks great! Can we have a tutorial for his Crusade Armour? The battle damage is my favourite part, just looks "right" ;)

Slightly embarissed at admiting I watched it, but I want a cookie. Are the names from Monarch of the Glen or have I missed it completly?

My parents used to watch that, I lost interest after the guy from the Good Life got blown up :)

Here's the pictorial from start to finish

LINK

I'll try and type up a tutorial to go with the pics tomorrow.

I too used to watch "Monarch...." but also lost interest after the death of Richard Briers' character. :D

Here's the pictorial from start to finish

LINK

I'll try and type up a tutorial to go with the pics tomorrow.

I too used to watch "Monarch...." but also lost interest after the death of Richard Briers' character. :D

Thanks for that link Iacton Looks like a nice, simple way of making Crusade Armour!

No worries.

Just be careful and patient when carving the grooves. I scratched them in with a sculpting tool then filed them, then scraped some more, then filed some more and finally used a piece of buffing paper from a mouse sander to smooth it all down. :D

Awesome work. Please do a Salamander next. biggrin.gif

Are the names from "The Adventures of Robin Hood"? There's an actor in that called Archie Duncan.

This post has been edited by turelhim vampire: Today, 12:23 AM

Nope not Robin Hood either - think really childish TV!

Really cool stuff. It would be cool to do an Iron Warrior though *cough* :D . Mortarion looks awesome, but with Magnus, it seems that his hair needs more texture. Right now it seems like it's just a blob on the top of his face, but if you made it a bit more unkempt with extra greenstuff he would look sweet.

Um, I'm gonna sound stupid saying this but, is the name from Thomas the Tank Engine(or something like that)? I think there was a character named Duncan.

Give that Man (Woman?) a cookie!! I'm doing Leman Russ next, but the next marine is going to be Br. Harold!! Work that one out :lol:

Give that Man (Woman?) a cookie!! I'm doing Leman Russ next, but the next marine is going to be Br. Harold!! Work that one out

Yay! I win! I'm a guy by the way.

No! I used to love Thomas the Tank engine, how did I not get it? Anyway, Harold was the helicopter .

I'm amazed I got it too. The last time I saw TtTE I was five.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the input guys, and I will be starting on Br. Harold imminently. :P

In the mean time, I have been working on what has turned out to be a fairly controversial model - TOP miniatures' Odin Knight aka Leman Russ.

http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg148/Iacton/Russ/Finished.jpg

No conversion work here, just a straight up assemble and paint job. It was also a chance to work on my Gold NMM palette and really concentrate on light and shade too.

Let me know what you think, please, even if you don't like the mini ;)

Glad to see you finished the piece.

I have been lurking on your progress for some time. You are amazingly skilled and one of the better Heresy Era painters out there. I love seeing your miniatures.

Now that you have finished with an poor sculpt by an amatuer company will you return to your skillful conversions, and sexy realist painting style? Please do as I have found myself loving your work for some time. Maybe you could take a hand at making a GOOD Primarch model? I'm sure you could do a million times better given all your past work.

Archived