Pre-Heresy Project

Iacton

Thanks for the tip Dark Sensei, the photo is probably still a bit over exposed - I'm getting used to my new studio thing - but I do struggle with the depth of my brighter reds. I find dark reds no problem, but highlighting and shading the bright reds has been a bit of a struggle. I shall give your suggestion a try soon.

As for Topknots et al, I have but one thing to say to you mon ami.......... pffffft!! :(

:D

Thanks also for all of the feedback and encouragement on this project, it has been great fun and a MASSIVE learning curve (just look at some of the original models!). I have taken so much from this, and I plan to do a few tutorials soon to help you guys achieve some of the looks that I did for these models.

Thanks also to any and everyone that helped me with parts and source material for these models - especially Weiss for the parts that went into making Br. Duncan, Ron Saikowski for his PVA stud technique that I plagiarise shamelessly for nearly every model that I make, and more recently BrianBlessed for the help on the Scar. I really appreciate it.

The mad professor part of me has plans for an elaborate Chapter Master model soon, I just need to conceive a colour scheme and appropriate chapter....

Stay tuned ;)

As for Topknots et al, I have but one thing to say to you mon ami.......... pffffft!!

Aaaaah Folie que cela !

The origins of the meanests heresies lie in a pffffft!! out ova topknot problem !!! Look at Abaddon for example : Isn't he the most brilliant example of an underestimated megalo-topknot syndrom ?

You've been warned, friend :D !!!

The only cure I see at this point is to send us relentlessly many more top minis from heresy times.

Hmmm if you grant me your permission for a short hitchhike, I often feel guilty not pushing a few photos from time to time (I'm not painting powa armar guys atm) and your topic talks so elegantly of the HH times so this is a friend's work for Pre-H EC.

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r226/Dark-Sensei/Set-EC.jpg

DS

Woah, that's a nice piece right there!

Now, you see, top brushes, a whole different story :) They are great! Mainly because they won't get in your eyes if the wind blows behind you just as you take a shot, a bit like a banner might get tangled in your chainsword whilst you fight :(

Oh, and Abaddon is a girlie! 13 crusades and he still hasn't found his way "home" :D

;)

Hehehe! Maybe Abaddon's GPS broke hehehe...

So now that you have finished this Pre heresy project (i think) what appart from your elaborate chapter master ar you planning next, or is that as usual top secret mate?

cant wait to see whatever you do make as im sure it will be up to the same standard as these fellows!

On a side note, Sensei, that EC is INCREDIBLE! where can we see more???

Cant wait to see your next project bud,

S.O.N.

Thanks S-O-N :P

I have already started a new model that is non-GW, but I do have a RT model about half done that will be a Rainbow Warrior, which will be the start of a little RT model project using the colour schemes from back then and concentrating on the Badab War too (I don't believe that the rainbows were part of the war, it's just a loosener before I get into the Babab schemes).

Other than that, I have a couple of commissions in the pipeline - again non-power armoured.

I do plan to try out a few true scales too - but with my usual twist no doubt! :D

I reckon that Abaddon couldn't find his own shoes, let alone find his way to Terra...... :huh:

Oh, and Abaddon is a girlie! 13 crusades and he still hasn't found his way "home"

I must admit that, frater Iacton, Baddie is quite lame, even with his oversized topknot 8)

the start of a little RT model project using the colour schemes from back then and concentrating on the Badab War too

That'll just be great, Badab war deseves more attention and can lead to truely nice armies from unseen chapters.

About the EC, firstly its not my job. I gave a few ideas but its all. The sculptor is a recent one (mainly a painter but whose sculpting skills are improving fast) and he intended to add an EC squad in his pré-H army, so this is just TT mini and still far from what a GD one should be to our opinion ( though many many thx for all the kind words).

I won't post other photos in frater Iacton topic and I thank him for his kindness.

There is another photo of the EC here (without MkIV legs still but they're coming, of course 8))

http://s145.photobucket.com/albums/r226/Dark-Sensei/

DS

• 3 weeks later...

Just can't help myself. But this model was made and painted as an entry for a PH marine kit-bashing competition.

I also realised that I hadn't actually covered the Sons of Horus (I had done a Luna Wolf ;) ), so this one has been nicknamed Br. Arnie, and the piece is affectionately titled "Who threw that!!?" :confused:

http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg148/Iacton/Sons%20of%20Horus/SoHfin.jpg

C&C Music Factory :)

Thanks guys, and for the vote IT :P

There really should only be one more addition to the Project after this, aka "Alas", which is still a WIP. However, never say never, and there's one or two of the legions that I may well revisit for a touch of pre-heresy pixie dust! <_<

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got round to some studio shots of the recent models, and I am quite happy with how they turned out.

Here's the White Scar from recently

http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg148/Iacton/White%20Scar/Black.jpg

And the Son of Horus

http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg148/Iacton/Sons%20of%20Horus/Black.jpg

And, finally, the World Eater aka "Alas!"

http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg148/Iacton/World%20Eater/Black.jpg

This really will signify a pause, at least, in the Pre-Heresy project, but I hope that you have enjoyed it anywhere as much as I have. And please flick through my blog in the link, there will be more models on the way there, very soon ;)

The Badab War beckons.... :sweat:

That World Eater stole someone elses axe and kill... note the lack of splatter on his armour (the Power Fist got bloody picking up the head). ;)

:lol: Maybe he did! Perhaps he's a bit squeamish :P

the severed head could do better with some gory stuff hanging from under it :P

I did sculpt in a bit of vertebra and flaps of skin with a mushy centre, bit I just can't get an angle to show it with the camera. It's a bit of a "pick the model up, take a look and go urrrghhh!! that's gross!" thing :ermm:

QUOTE (Dark Sensei @ Oct 3 2008, 06:09 PM) *

Thats some amaxing sculpting!!

It is lovely, shame it's not mine..... :)

• 2 weeks later...
Very impressive work Iacton. I went through your CMoN gallery and you obviously have great talent. Looking forward to seeing more. :D

Thanks a lot Kairo :lol:

Hope that you voted too! :lol:

New project begins soon! Badab War!

Archived