Pre-Heresy Project

Iacton

Hint.... not a legion this time.... starts with "la" and ends with "menter"... can you guess yet? ^_^

Could it be an Astral Claw Iacton? :P

I've said it before, and I'll say it again, I love your work mate. Looking forward to seeing the next thing you come up with.

Hmmm from Legion to 21th founding... That's a jump in time 8).

Lamenters have a splendid heraldry (and cool artefacts like the banner of tears too). Im sure it'll be a must !

Don't push the sympathy towards this chapter in taking your own century reclusion and please honour us with your deeds without nervestacking delays (and this time, no petty excuse ;) of scratchbuilding the armour, fluff allows you to stick to Mk6 see Mk7 without heresy).

DS

hehe! :P

Unfortunately I've been painting an effete space elf thingy just lately, which explains my current hiatus. The Lamenter is already largely converted, ready for a lick of paint.

I've not read enough of the fluff to know about the time lines, but I found a couple of pages in one of the old books and thought that the chapters on show would be great to model and paint.

It should be coming soon... ;)

• 3 months later...

Well, just when you think that you are out, you get sucked back in! :P

The Great Crusade are running a Heroes and Villains of the great Crusade competition right now, and this will be my entry...

Lucius, Captain XIIIth Chapter of the Emperor's Kiddie-winks, aka Lucius the Swordsman.

One of my favourite and defining sub-tales in the HH books is the disastrous Murder campaign and Lucius' role in this. He got down to some serious choppy-choppy with the Megarachnids and, having run out of bullets, decided to use a Megarach blade limb for a bit of extra choppy action. So this is my take on Lucius on Murder.

http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg148/Iacton/Lucius/Lucius.jpg

http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg148/Iacton/Lucius/Lucius1.jpg

For all of the fluff monkeys who jump on this and say "Where is his aquila chest" etc... , I have based the work on the 2 pics of Lucius in the HH Visions books (mainly the one on p183 in Collected Visions) ;)

Enjoy

C&C Music Factory? B)

Awesome model of Lucius, the rich purple is fantastic and the positioning is really good as well.

The only draw back is the length of the Laer "arm" it seems far too short, in the book the blade on the arm of the Laer was very long and thin rather than the chunky one you have added, still though it looks good. :P

The only draw back is the length of the Laer "arm" it seems far too short, in the book the blade on the arm of the Laer was very long and thin rather than the chunky one you have added, still though it looks good. :P

I think that hes done the model from a different time - The Laer weren't present on Murder, they were Megarachnids, ('Nids basically i think), and stole one of their own weapons.

In regards to the Project, its the first time i've seen it, and you've got some absolutely brilliant models. I absolutely love the purple you've used in the Lucius model- What was the recipe for it?

Thanks guys! :lol:

If you want a full blow by blow of the building and painting process, then I suggest that you take a look through my Great crusade blog - Confessions of a Brush Licker...

There's a complete pictorial of nearly every stage there (and quite a lot of my previous stuff too ;) )

More specifically...

@Irabrai - Exactly so, no Laer on Murder. I've got them down in my head as the "bugs" from Starship Troopers.

The full recipe for the purple is in the blog above, but the base colour is Vallejo Model Colour Violet. I think that it works quite well.

@Pulse - Thanks a lot, and as Irabrai said about the claw ;)

@tagsta - Thanks also. The head is from the Chapter Masters (with some putty hair) and the full recipe is in the blog :)

@Aqatone - There's a fair bit of variance in the Visions art as to the "true" colour of the Emp's Kids. You are quite correct that much of the art - and perhaps the agreed shade as far as most fluffies are concerned - is a pinky purple colour. However, there's also a lot of this darker purple done too in the books. I've done a pre-heresy EC before in the pinky tone and it was fine, but seeing as I only usually paint individual models, then move onto another chapter, I wasn't too concerned about colour synergy. I just thought that a dark look was cool against his pale hair and skin ;)

@Brother Corvus, Dezartfox and Dark Disciple - Thanks!! :lol:

@Regluc11 - Thanks very much mate. We miss you... :yes:

First time I've seen this thread.

You're an incredible painter and modeller. I hate you. ;)

my CC for your Lucius - drop the magazine from his bolter - I think it would give the "I"m definitely out of ammo" look :P

But fantastic work man, really top notch.

Hey S-O-N! :(

Thanks mate. I'm working on lots of things right now. The main thing is a Top Secret Blood Angel for Salute in London at the end of the month. Other than that, I'm going to be painting naked ladies and primarchs shortly...

After that it's the road to GD! Several irons in the fire there :P

Archived