Ontario, Canada

I am Legion

Those are awesome I've always had my eye on the magnifier/light that electricians use, but i can't seem to find them anywhere. Ok so next saturday works better for me as well then. I was so itching to have a game finally. There is one unit I have not used since I've painted it (actually, several now that I look at them). I'll be keeping it a secret until next week when we play. Is it big bad and scary, hm? or is it small and pidly? Find out, next week!

I finally spent some time, hell, most of my free time Sunday painting so I could be ready to play next week.

I never want to see a pot of Knarloc green ever again.

I've started on my boyz faces and I'm doing a fairly terrible job but hey, I'm new so I'll get better. Apparently the proper way to do teeth is to not worry so much about the individual teeth and buy a black ink wash to regain the definition of individual teeth. I wish I knew that before I drove myself nuts trying to do it the hard way.

That being said, these marathon painting sessions are driving me insane, so I've decided to just assemble my models, not worry about the nooks and crannys that you can't get at after it's all put together and start slowly making them look passable as gaming miniatures instead of worrying about my very first minis turning out like pieces of art.

Expect mostly black Orks with green skin and a few ugly faces on the table this weekend. I'm not going to try to rush this anymore. If I bring my Marine army as well they'll still be 100% flat black and that's it.

At least I have the material needed to scratch build some basic power klaws and boss poles.

actually I prefer to do teeth one at a time. It's actually a quick process, and you can give it some depth that way by going: brown - bleached bone - white. Doesn't take long, and looks great. I've recently been painting bone with: Codex Grey - fortress grey - white. I think it looks much better that way, but it comes down to personal preferance.

Yeah this weekend wouldn't have worked out at all as everything ended very late. This weekend sounds better.

I think it's #000, but you just need to wet the tip of the brush and you ca do it with any size. well maybe not a tank brush, though I hav'nt tried it.

The guys at the GW can show you how to do it as well.

If you are new to painting don't make the same mistake I made. Have someone teach you how to paint, otherwise you will lose alot of money. I never took advice, and it took me 15 years to get to a decent level. maybe like a 6 out of 10. Where 10 is golden daemon winners. Seriously those GW employees can all paint to a decent level and can show you how to spped paint and stuff.

Yeah, I never learned how to paint properly either. You can clearly see the progression of my painting skills through my models. I'm still not very good, and I'd hesitate to give myself even a 5/10 rating because that might be generous by everyone else's standards, haha.

I also hope you guys dont mind spending a bit extra time playing. I still haven't gotten all the rules down perfectly, especially the assault rules and such.

So when this weekend?

I can do either day. They close at 6 on saturday and 5 on sunday. If you want to get a few games in then we can play at 1000 points. I don't play too often so I only really know maybe 90% of the rules. I know I will miss something but if it's a small game to learn, then I should have no problem. I just can't remember some of the special rules.

Check this baby out.

Lol I got that exact same magnifying rig myself..I hardly ever bring myself to use it though >.> I really should.

I've been fiddling with painting and such recently not sure what I want to do any more. Having played through Gears 2 this weekend My mind is really selling me the idea of a Locust army.... *Sigh* (Any Suggestions How to paint my like 80 Spare marines are welcome.) Maybe I could convert up a Small Cog army and then do a locust army as my next project....Hmm)

Trying to find out my next off weekend but Im not sure when it will be. Anyone Coming down on thursday? I'll be there with my Blood Angels (I need a couple Wave Serpents before I take my Eldar out for another spin..)

Ill be there Bob, as usual.

I must redeem myself from the massive face beating you gave me last week.

PS : I bludgeoned a redshirt at scarbourogh's White Scar army with the BA today. Hes a super nice guy, and the army was boss looking, but man did he have some bad rolls. His armor saves made me cringe, and if you know anything about how I roll saves you know thats bad (however, I must give it up to BOB M, his armor saves are usually really really bad also!)

PS : I bludgeoned a redshirt at scarbourogh's White Scar army with the BA today. Hes a super nice guy, and the army was boss looking, but man did he have some bad rolls. His armor saves made me cringe, and if you know anything about how I roll saves you know thats bad (however, I must give it up to BOB M, his armor saves are usually really really bad also!)

you know it! ANd I managed to pass all my unmodified morale tests that game as well :)

I will have a CoG soldier prototype to show off on thursday..its almost done now...Im too impressionable for my own good :(

brother kluft. you fought Jordan's white scar army? that guy has the wrost rolls for sure! I stood and watched a game he played for fantasy, and it was one bad roll afer another. By the second turn he lost so much and the other player lost nothing. I had to leave. Just brutal. Anyway, Jordan is an awesome guy, and talented painter.

I'll try to come down on thursday to buy a paint. when does veterans night start? like 5?

I'll be bringing my 1000 point marine army.

Now this list was made to be a all-rounder list, with the exception of MCs. Havn't tried this list VS orks though. If it's too strong. let me know and I will tone it down. This way you get to fight a bit of everything.

115 Chaplain JP

175 10xTAC Meltagun, Heavy Bolter

190 10xTAC Plasmagun, Lascannon

35 Drop Pod

215 10xRAS PF

100 2xA. bike MM

85 Predator HB

85 Predator HB

people usually start to filter in at about 2:30 (that would be me since i like to get in 2 games and usually got to jet by 6:30-7ish)

Standard game is 1500. People Don't really care if all models are painted or painted a bit different. (since i'm just starting my BA army, i usually have a bit o dark angel and templar color in there, from my other armies)

I'm be the tall guy with glasses and a beard, late 20's looking.

No nobs have power klaws in the AoBR set. I'm planning on giving some or all of them scratch built klaws.

So, what's the situation for the weekend? Any of you guys up for a game or two?

Friday is good at THD, Sunday is better than Saturday but either are good at either THD or GW.

Do you have an Ork codex by the way? Or are you just doing WYSIWYG? Because I can lighten up my army. Saturday or sunday should be fine. Raise your hands, how many people actually want to come down this weekend? I don't care if it's a THD either.

I'm good for Friday and Saturday for sure. Sunday is less free, but I can probably still make it. Does the THD close at similar times to GW?

I'm not sure if I can make it to GW tomorrow. If I do, it will be to meet people and watch some games since I won't be able to bring my army. I've been meaning to go there the last 2 weeks, but Thursdays just aren't ideal.

I have a copy of the ork codex if you need it E_J.

I can put in all Marines with maybe a couple of dreadnaughts and a few landspeeders or so. Should be fairly balanced against the lack of vehicles or anti-tank.

I have access to the Ork Codex but I don't have a real copy, yet. I can use it to add stuff to my army. I don't want to go too hog wild with the substitutions though. Expect me to add stuff like krak grenades, power klaws, big bombs/saws to my coptas etc.

Suncrusher, THD has way better hours than the GW store which is why I keep recommending it for the weekend.

http://www.twoheadeddragon.com/

Friday - Noon - 10 but when I went they closed much later than that.

Saturday - 1 - 10

Sunday 1-6

The GW store closes at:

7 on Friday (ignore the website they haven't updated it yet)

6 on Saturday

5 on Sunday

At this point, I'd say Friday at THD works best for all of us. It leaves me with Saturday free to do some stuff I've been wanting to do.

I can play Sunday too, you in Legion?

I'm not 100% on Thursday, I'll post later tonight to say for sure.

Edited by E_J

Fridays are hard for me as it's the only day during the week that all my friends have time to do something. Sunday is much better for me, but I'll see what I can do for friday. The THD does have better hours but many of the tables can be taken for warmachine.

I can be there at about 6PM or so on Friday, which would mean the THD. But I can pretty much stay until closing and past even. Saturday I am free during the day, but the evening/nighttime is not good. Sunday is troublesome because of the bus schedule, but I can work around it. I would prefer earlier Sunday than later, if we are playing that day.

What size army should I prepare?

Also, Legion, for your drop pod, do you use the Blood Angels iconography? I have a Fists themed army, so would you be willing to trade the Fists icons for the Blood Angels icons?