Ontario, Canada

I am Legion

Sorry guys I couldnt make it the other Sunday. Ive been caught up in court a lot and shift work sometimes gets me behind in real life issues.

I am trying my best to watch this thread and one of these days soon I will just show up. In the new year though hopefully this will be a somewhat regular thing. I sort of work nearby - Jane and Finch area.

Does anyone have a better suggestion of how to set up for a better 3-way?

My friend used orks once in this edition, and then the last time I played them was in 2nd Edition. So this was good practice for me against the new codex at least.

Now it's simply time for VENDETA!!!!!

But we'll have to play at THD for you to use those Trukks.

Speaking of trukks. When you kareened earlier. You read all the rules except for one. It's says to apply the "ka-boom" result. Which means the vehicle was destroyed. In fact all three results, uh, result in vehicle destroyed. Double check page 41 of the ork codex. Also, when using the Waagh! it's either that OR running. Not both. You didn't do it this time but you did during our first game. Yeah I'm reading over the ork codex. I'm thinking maybe I should make an ork army. They do look like a fun army to run.

Edited by I am Legion

I'm pretty sure on our first game I ran then assaulted which looks a lot like running twice... I might have not, I'm pretty new at this.

As for the ramshackle table... whoops, guess I should have kept reading the rest of that bullet point :huh:

Next time, I'll explode it right and propper.

Also, this makes trukks a lot less invulnerable. I was wondering why a bodged together transport truck would be nigh unstoppable.

Still, it's pretty cool picturing a truck being hammered by shells and just tossed around and spun about while the horde of orks in the back laugh manically.

WHEEEEEEEEEEEE!

As for running a 3 way. I like the idea of just letting one opponent double his army strength and then doing 2v1.

Edited by E_J

When the trukk didn't explode, I was thinking, "this is why orks are so strong".

I'm not calling you on any of the rules, I know you're new. Just so everybody knows.

Instead of 3-way though, let's get another person instead. Team games are always fun.

At home when I play 3-ways, it's done one of 3 ways (coincidence):

1. One person take double and run a 2v1.

2. Have 3 player turns per game turn. The order never changes, and during close-combat combats are only fought if the current player has units involved.

3. Each turn have everyone go in each phase: in the movement phase, A moves then B moves then C moves, then the firing phase, A fires then B fires then C fires, then CC... The order of the players changes at the beginning of each game turn but stays the same throughout each phase within that turn.

If there are players still learning the rules, I definitely recommend #1 or #2. #3 is cool, and has different dynamics, but its more complicated.

Hopefully you guys are still doing this in Jan so I can join in.

I think next time we can try a 2v1 if we cant get another player. Shall we say 3000 vs 1500+1500?

It does not look like this weekend will be good for me. I've got a lot of christmas shopping to do. Friday seems a likely possibility though. How busy is THD on those days usually?

Suncrusher, if you really want to get a game in this Friday at THD we should be able to get a table. I won't be able to bring my vehicles though, it's just too much stuff to haul to work. I won't be upset if you decide to not play this weekend.

As for Saturday and Sunday, it's not a good weekend for me either.

Yeah, i think it would be better if we postponed it until the following weekend. Im busy on the 13th, but I am good to game on the 14th *the sunday). It seems like sundays are ok for me, provided that we finish at sometime after 6...so adjust our start times accordingly if that's ok with everyone else.

That sucks.

On the plus side, at least you won't develop the instinct of saying, rather loudly, 'lets all enjoy the hobby, kids!' whenever you find yourself surrounded by a pack of hyperactive kids.

What's this weekend looking like for getting a game in? I didn't have much of a chance to do any painting other than (badly) painting the teeth on 1/2 of my BR orks.

Turns out that I'm going to need to pick up my wife some time after work about 30' away from the Lawrence bunker on Thursday.

Anyone up for a game?

Not sure what's going on this weekend yet.