Ontario, Canada

I am Legion

Cool.

I doubt they'll let me put my lego trukks on the tables at the GW store so I'll just have 1K points of Orks with 'coptaz, if either of you want to make up a list to play me.

Legion, Suncrusher, if you want to play me on Sunday we can either go to THD again and I can bring my full kit, or just infantry at GW.

The good news is I know for sure that I'll have at least one small mob of either burnas or lootas on the table come the new year (If I can figure out how to put them together with magnetized arms or something so I can switch back and forth) and probably a real Trukk or two.

Edited by E_J

I think I can make it on thursday. I can be there at 5 onward. Since my case isn't designed to carry everything I have, I'll need to make a list. Tell me a points cost and I will play them. I know it's 1500 for a regular game but if you want me to play you jeff, then I will make a 1000 point army. Or better yet. we can have an actuall 2x2 at 1000 points each.

Or something different? (I know Legion has tau, and so do I.... I know how much Bob like playing my tau :P)

I've only done so once! IF its only 1000pts a person I may have to bring down my Eldar and show you a thing or two!

woah woah woah. I want to team up with BOB. I actually have a marine army. my tau are illigal (no commander) and only like 700 points. We can both go marine. Or blood Angel. Or a mix of both. Problem is if I go BA then I need to proxy alot of weapons. If it's vanilla marines then I may or may not proxy. What do you say BOB? grasp me to your bosom so that we may crush the enemies of mankind together.

brother_kluft, I didn't realize that you were from toronto as well. lot of BA players here, eh?

What do you say BOB? grasp me to your bosom so that we may crush the enemies of mankind together.

lol thats alittle creepy. How about we all show up on thursday with 1K pts List and figure out from there? Im fine playing with anyone. I can easily bring my 1000pts of eldar and my 1500pts of Marines I think If Not I'll just bring my marines.

I thought you'd get a kick out of that BOB. As serious as I normally am, once in a while, my brain strokes out :tu: and I actually enjoy life. ;)

Actually I just found out that my sunday has been booked. I need to take my friend shopping as he doesn't drive. I'm not sure how long it'll take but it's going to be right in the afternoon anyways. So looks like thursday is the only way to go for me. I'll make a 1000 point all around army. Not sure if It'll be vanilla or blood angels just yet. Both armies are hard to work with at that points level. I wish I had some whirlwinds though.

Edited by I am Legion

I thought you'd get a kick out of that BOB. As serious as I normally am, once in a while, my brain strokes out :tu: and I actually enjoy life. ;)

Actually I just found out that my sunday has been booked. I need to take my friend shopping as he doesn't drive. I'm not sure how long it'll take but it's going to be right in the afternoon anyways. So looks like thursday is the only way to go for me. I'll make a 1000 point all around army. Not sure if It'll be vanilla or blood angels just yet. Both armies are hard to work with at that points level. I wish I had some whirlwinds though.

If you bring in Rhino Chasis I can bring in a few poor man's Whirly Turrets for you to use. Just remind me.

Don't worry I won't use whirlwinds.

I kinda wish I had more Dreadnoughts with Drop Pods. That was fun. kept an entire squad occupied for three turns. I may proxy some Heavy weapons this time around. I'll use the vanilla marines.

Damn your drop podded dreads straight to the warp!

That was a pretty effective way to keep my guys down for a few turns.

How are we teaming up on Thursday? Whoever sides with me should focus more on supressive fire and a gunline to flank. As long as whoevers playing me can keep my boyz covered until I get in to assault range, I can probably take care of the rest.

Edited by E_J

Well the fairest way to do it is to roll a dice. The way my buddies do it is we roll a dice each the two highest numbers team up and the two lowest numbers team up. It's the fairest way we've discovered. Plus when you've already had 2-3 beers while writing up your army list and setting up, you need an easy method of determining teams. Edited by I am Legion

Good game tonight, even though we got slaughtered and had to call it quits after 2 turns.

Suncrusher, I'm not sure if Sunday is going to work out all that well... I still have tons of Christmas shopping to do (haven't bought a single thing for my wife, I'm so dead) and due to scheduling if I do play on Sunday I probably won't be able to until around 3pm, which might enough time for a short game at THD.

The weekend after is worse.

Let me know what you think. Luckily, after Christmas things get a whole lot easier to plan.

Again, it was a pleasure to meet you brother_kluft. Next time is going to be a grudge match. Oh, E_J, this was not a vendetta, you were simply the closest opponent (well, kinda like last game where I was the closest opponent), but seriously it wasn't intentional. I'm going to concentrate on a more footslogging force from now on cause my tanks are useless. Dreadnought might stay, need to convince my frineds to get me another one for christmas or birthday or something.

By the way I counted up and set aside the models I'm going to paint before I start buying more stuff. This includes 5 death company models which I'm going to use as "stand in": flamer/meltagun guys for my tactical squads. This way I won't have to proxy so much. Then my Captain, and lastly the librarian on bike. After all that I may very well continue my Tau, though I need so much more for my marines.

On the other hand, I found a whole bunch of stuff that I don't need and am willing to trade or sell (prefer trade), for stuff that I do need.

My stuff includes a: painted BA captain (needs a touch up on shoulderguard, and a backpack)

5 grey knight marines (3 of the books on their shoulder pads were removed, mostly unpainted, only some of their force weapons available)

3 Special weapons and 1 Missile Launcher Catachan models (unpainted)

1 sniper (imperial guard. cool model)

2 dark elf executioners.

Lots of Power Fists (yes, it's the finger pointing one), and lots of power weapons, both metal and plastic.

there might be something else I just can't remember. Anyway, I have no use for these models and would be happy to trade stuff for them. Not too sure what I need except for legs. need legs and tactical marine arms. And for a grand finally, if someone wants to trade 5 assault marines or 5 tactical marines for the Death Company marines, I will definetly take that trade. I don't know why I bought them, it was just a mistake. Thanks guys, I'd appreciate any help.

Just for all those out in cyberspace who care...

I AM LEGION and BOB Mackenzie laied down the biggest beating ever on myself and E_J. I have never been humbled like that in 40K ever, it was ridiculous. Hats off to them, but next time its tri hammer head mayhem for you! (or perhaps dante/corbs combo of death!)

Haha, sounds like it was an awesome game, sorry I missed it.

I have quite a bit left to paint too, though it doesnt seem to stop me buying more whenever I have enough cash. Has anyone been insane enough to buy the battle company? Or know of anyone who has? If you get enough marine players together, it would probably be a good deal.

E_J, you're definately right about the rest of the holiday season. Weekends will be complete booked for me until early January. On the other hand, work is usually slow in between, so I am free probably Fridays and maybe Thursdays if anyone is free to game.

I have quite a bit left to paint too, though it doesnt seem to stop me buying more whenever I have enough cash. Has anyone been insane enough to buy the battle company? Or know of anyone who has? If you get enough marine players together, it would probably be a good deal.

I havent bought it but they held a raffle for half of one of the old ones, and I won. Pretty sweet box. The old one was better though, before they gave you 4 Devastator boxed sets, now its 2 and 2 combat squads. Still its not a bad deal.

Hey guys. I'm going to come down on thursday but not to play. I want to trade a few things with BOB. If you want to come down and take a look, by all means. Maybe you'll find something. I also have tons of tau bits that I'm not using, I'd be happy to trade those as well.

Legion, if you have any Imperial Fists/Crimson Fists Icons and stuff, please save them for me and I can trade you stuff later on, when we next meet to game.

I really wish I could spend the money on that Battle Company box. It would take the remainder of my life to paint it all though. Haha.