Two's Companies!

Damn, on well. The other arm is the Master of the Arsenals'.

The hand, sword and most likely wrist, is from the Master of the Arsenal model, but i don't know where the arm itself is from.

Molotov: Some seriously nice work you are doing.

(ps. sent you a PM)

The Unforgiven looks great, nice pose and choice of parts.

It's a shame the 'Sternguard Deathwatch' can't have a librarian to lead them, he'd be perfect.

The lamenter heart looks the business now, just run a file over it to smooth it off and your set.

The Unforgiven looks great, nice pose and choice of parts.

It's a shame the 'Sternguard Deathwatch' can't have a librarian to lead them, he'd be perfect.

The lamenter heart looks the business now, just run a file over it to smooth it off and your set.

It's actually the only way I'd ever justify a Librarian in a Castigator army - take a HQ Librarian and a nine-man Sternguard squad, and there's a Deathwatch squad. Not entirely perfect, but it works, I guess. (Geeze, there's ANOTHER project to work on...)

The Unforgiven (who will almost certainly be a Guardian of the Covenant in tribute to Basilius (and now apparently Midian...) uses the hand/sword/wrist from the Master of the Arsenal, but the metal arm itself is taken from a MkI veteran - I hate that GW makes so few outstretched right arms. :lol:

I went into Games Workshop yesterday and found myself buying Sicarius. I pondered the model for a bit and wondered just why I'd bought it, with my meagre funds. What possible use could I have for him?

http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z121/mnesimache/Castigator%20Army/Sicarius1.jpg

(Picture is for Barret, who wanted to know how the arms attached.)

I've come to the idea of making him into a Castigators Chaplain. I wanted to do something slightly unusual with the model, and I have a terrible affliction at times where I just can't leave a model stock! :D My rough plan, as it stands, is to saw out his left arm (the one used for the plasma pistol/helmet) and replace it with a lowered plastic arm holding a crozius. The other hand will hold a bolt pistol. For a head, I've considered this:

http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z121/mnesimache/Castigator%20Army/Sicarius2.jpg

... it seems appropriately stern, though somewhere I do have the skull-helmet from the Chaos Warriors, and I possibly could cut out a skull helmet from a metal Chaplain I have somewhere. A big theme for me recently has been clearing out my bitz-box. Part of that job has involved "redeeming" the botched former conversions that I've abandoned and thrown into my bitzbox. I've spent some time repairing broken bits (I made a Las/plas predator turret last night, but I'm not fully satisfied with it as it stands...) and I found a metal Tyranid Hunter. I always loved the model, but it'd been ruined years ago. I've begun to repair him. It's not the prettiest conversion in the world ever (as it stands) but once I find my GS again I hope to sort him out a bit.

I realised that for the Castigators, genetic purity matters a great deal, yet I don't have a cool Apothecary model. As a result, I've started upon this:

http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z121/mnesimache/Castigator%20Army/Apothecary1.jpg

It's not final at all; he needs a fair bit of work, but I'm quite pleased with him thus far.

I'd go with the bare head - there's too many helmeted Chaplains running around these days and the head would really suit what you've got planned. Looking forward to see how he turns out. I really ned to do something with my Sicarius - its a beautiful sculpt, even though its a very 'closed' figure.

Using the 'nid hunter like that is a cracking idea, though im not to keen on the angle of the pistol arm - personally i'd drop it so it was a little more parallel to the ground but it looks like it might be a pain to do.

I agree, you should lower the apothecary's arm. The sicarius model is great for a chaplain if you ask me, and you could do some real cool stuff with it, however before you saw anything off you should probably deface the aquilas. it will give you a better idea of what to do with him. I personally would leave the left arm, and attach a crozius hand right on it, as the pose seems pretty spot on. I would instead in his right arm have him holding a black templar style lantern/ brazier like that in the flagellant sprue or here, as it seems like the way his hand is positioned would be a little awkward to hold a gun with in my opinion. You could also give him a whip in one hand too.

Cheers:D

You'll have to excuse the stupid diagram but it serves a purpose.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y57/El-Diablo/Relictors/l33tgsdiagram.jpg

Run thin rolls of putty along the length of the cloth and give them about 20/30 mins to cure. After that time go back with a sculpting tool to press the putty towards the next roll - if you keep the top edge sharp you should get some reasonable folds out of it.

When its fully cured use a sharp blade to trim the edges straight and you should end up with a nice looking loincloth not to dissimilar to the ones on the vets.

I'll be doing a couple of loincloths on my command squad, possibly the terminator sgt as well so i'll try and take some wip photos along the way for you.

A big theme for me recently has been clearing out my bitz-box. Part of that job has involved "redeeming" the botched former conversions that I've abandoned and thrown into my bitzbox. I've spent some time repairing broken bits (I made a Las/plas predator turret last night, but I'm not fully satisfied with it as it stands...) and I found a metal Tyranid Hunter. I always loved the model, but it'd been ruined years ago. I've begun to repair him. It's not the prettiest conversion in the world ever (as it stands) but once I find my GS again I hope to sort him out a bit.

You know..I've kinda started doing that too.. Your 'Nid hunter is in MUCH better condition than mine (because mine was part of a base of a 'Fex) Epic Fial....Its EPIC Epic Fail. Fial, can't get any worse than that.

Thanks for the compliment. As for paint...? Well, paint is coming. Eventually.

I guess.

:(

I've never really been able to do justice to my conversions, paint-wise, so I'm a bit dubious!

If you feel your painting isn't doing justice, I suggest painting some RaF marines or just random old models for practice, especially if you want your characters and conversions to stand out. :(

From what I saw in your other thread, it looks like you have a good knowledge of the basics, I'd say thin your paint a little more and build more thin layers! :)

Hopefully I can be of some help. Since practice makes perfect!

You know..I've kinda started doing that too.. Your 'Nid hunter is in MUCH better condition than mine (because mine was part of a base of a 'Fex) Epic Fial....Its EPIC Epic Fail. Fial, can't get any worse than that.

Well, looking at yours, it does seem it'd be salvageable, actually. Stripping it would be a start, but it would be easy to give him a plastic arm, a bionic foot (like the Iron Hands) and repair the damage.

If you feel your painting isn't doing justice, I suggest painting some RaF marines or just random old models for practice, especially if you want your characters and conversions to stand out. :(

From what I saw in your other thread, it looks like you have a good knowledge of the basics, I'd say thin your paint a little more and build more thin layers! :)

Hopefully I can be of some help. Since practice makes perfect!

Thanks for the advice. I've started painting a force of Relictors in order to hone my skills, and Midian's very kindly helping me out. There will be painted Castigators... soon...

Well, looking at yours, it does seem it'd be salvageable, actually. Stripping it would be a start, but it would be easy to give him a plastic arm, a bionic foot (like the Iron Hands) and repair the damage.

Thats exactly what I plan on doing tomorrow afternoon. Thanks!

A bad picture of the GS on the Apothecary, and the WIP of the assault sergeant with eviscerator:

http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z121/mnesimache/Castigator%20Army/Apothecary3.jpg

http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z121/mnesimache/Castigator%20Army/Eviscerator1.jpg

http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z121/mnesimache/Castigator%20Army/Eviscerator2.jpg

http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z121/mnesimache/Castigator%20Army/Eviscerator3.jpg

EDIT:

I also started making this Marine, the head's from the AoBR rocket launcher guy:

http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z121/mnesimache/Castigator%20Army/Bassus1.jpg

The tabard's still a lot rougher than I would've liked but it's much improved. I read Madscuzzy's tutorial and I think I have a better handle on how I'd do it in future. Still, he should look okay once painted.

I love the Blood Bowl comment - glad you like him. The pose just sort of fell into place! Tiberius was saying that with the flamer attached to the underside, he can't think of a more appropriate Castigator weapon. And yes, he'll be a Castigator. :D

Also I edited my post to include a plastic Marine I've started on. I cut another in half to get a decent pair of MkIV legs like the ones you made. They'll get used soon!

The tabard's still a lot rougher than I would've liked but it's much improved. I read Madscuzzy's tutorial and I think I have a better handle on how I'd do it in future. Still, he should look okay once painted.

I love the Blood Bowl comment - glad you like him. The pose just sort of fell into place! Tiberius was saying that with the flamer attached to the underside, he can't think of a more appropriate Castigator weapon. And yes, he'll be a Castigator. :D

Also I edited my post to include a plastic Marine I've started on. I cut another in half to get a decent pair of MkIV legs like the ones you made. They'll get used soon!

Paint can hide a lot of gs sins - as long as you don't paint it too bright the eye won't be drawn to it as much. Can you point me to Madscuzzy's tutorial? Wouldn't mind taking a look at that myself.

The posture on the other marine looks very sgt like. A low slung power fist would work well on the other arm.

Archived