Night Lords 18th Battle Company (Treadhead)

[drools] baghgfghhjkj... [/drools]

That's it. I quit, as there's no way that I'll ever be able to model something as pretty as the Darkturkey. :P

On a more serious note, I am going to replicate it to the best of my ability. We'll see.

Edited by The Psycho

You should build two more of these and call them Iron Locust Flight. You'd win every game you ever played by default.

And by default, I mean they're curled in the fetal position in the corner of the hobby shop, weeping in terror.

Really great to see the 18th Company of the Night Lord Legion return to the long war.

What models are you planning on adding.  Also the new Noise Marines & Flyer all look very cool, really looking forward seen them painted :D

• 6 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Apologies about my little absence after resurrecting this thread. I have been working on projects, but playing no games. I've been out of 40k for a little bit and some of my models are in the phase where i could swing them over to HH or keep them with the 18th. More on that later.

Here is a troop transport for my militia/cultists depending on how I choose to use them.

gallery_31335_11102_1584105.jpg

gallery_31335_11102_954182.jpg

gallery_31335_11102_1711207.jpg

I've waited about 10 months for the backordered wheeled kit to show up from chapterhouse. I only regret now that i have to make another like this one, and it took me a few weeks...

Oh, and thanks Darkven for hitting me with the wake up and post bat.

Daniel

Apologies about my little absence after resurrecting this thread. I have been working on projects, but playing no games. I've been out of 40k for a little bit and some of my models are in the phase where i could swing them over to HH or keep them with the 18th. More on that later.

Daniel

I'd keep them & have a sort of before & after version of the 18th.  Like Brother Heinrich done with his own Night Lords.  This is something I'm planning as well as soon as MkIII armour release in plastic for the Horus Heresy.

Also really looking forward to more update.  The Guard tank look really cool.  Any colour scheme in mind?

Thanks gang, i'll post the troopers soon. As for the color scheme I'm going to stick with urban camo for the vehicles regardless of the militia color scheme...

gallery_31335_11102_64881.jpg

Needed some anti-tank and had this unit sitting around collecting dust. It's also modular.

gallery_31335_11102_56914.jpg

An old Predator that's bothered me a bit. I added sloped armor to the hull...

gallery_31335_11102_30619.jpg

moving away from vehicles, which i have some fun building but not painting.

gallery_31335_11102_37892.jpg

gallery_31335_11102_28093.jpg

gallery_31335_11102_35896.jpg

gallery_31335_11102_54311.jpg

gallery_31335_11102_65774.jpg

gallery_31335_11102_623.jpg

gallery_31335_11102_3684.jpg

gallery_31335_11102_12499.jpg

gallery_31335_11102_12868.jpg

I noticed some things to fix, gun barrels, basing, etc. I originally intended them to run with dual plasma-guns but added the meltaguns for flexibility. The Apothecary was intended to let me count them as slaanesh with feel no pain or nurgle T6. The lord/sgt has something of a axe/sword power weapon i guess i could run as a daemon weapon. I've barely played them in games so don't know how i would finish equipping them.

until next time.

Wow. Just spectacular, man.

Your attention to detail is stunning!

Speaking of which, what are you using for rivets on those plasticard armor panels? They look so itty and precise. 

Whoa, first DarkVen, and now the veritable Grandmaster of awesome Night Lords returns as well -- is something bringing you guys out of retirement? Are you planning a Black Crusade or something? ;)

The tank and bikers are excellent, as per your usual standard. Regarding the question of 30k over 40k, I would argue that the best possible option would be to keep your 30k and 40k forces separate and actually treat a possible 30k version as a fun way of exploring an earlier incarnation of your force, including younger versions of the characters etc. It's the way I am going with my World Eaters as well, and it's a lot fun (and also a creative challenge). That being said, please don't abandon 40k wholesale, even if it seems to be fashionable at the moment to jump ship for 30k -- your Night Lords are just too damn good for that, and it would be a shame!

Waiting for the next update with bated breath! :)

I've waited for this moment. Finally I can post a comment on this thread while it's alive and not on stasis. And you've updated it exactly at the time I was going through it again. Perfect timing.

I love your approach towards tanks. They look classic yet with necessary equipment to make them look "tactical" like your marines.

Speaking of bikes, I'm definitely borrowing that melta from you if you don't mind:

gallery_31335_11102_37892.jpg

Also nice little touches here and there (like on tires) are definitely adding some style and detail to these miniatures. Love your work. Love you're back.

Went to paint my own.

DV

Edited by DarkVen

When did this all start up again?  Why wasn't I informed?!  You're all terrible secretaries!

:teehee:

The madness resulting from the sheer tedium of gluing every one of those treads on to the tires is doubtless the sort of thing that drives people to the dark gods in the first place.  Pretty though.  Along with all the other craziness on display :tu: