Night Lords 18th Battle Company (Treadhead)

Back and better than ever, this just made my day.

Loving the new additions, quite relieved to see your blade has not been dulled.

Horus heresy huh? Is it Blood Angels or Space Wolves? Someone else?

Anyway great to see you back, and with more night lords, this has made my week.

Heroics in HH?  I thought 30k was very similar to 40k?  Are the characters buffed? (I guess I never read into it much, all my heresy stuff became carcharodons after inspiration from machinepriest here on the forums).

Yeah I'm loving these new guys.

Great to see your style evolve but still remain true to your techniques, The raptors are my favourites.

Any plans for the future expansion, are you working towards a list, or just going with the flow?

Anyway great to see new work from you, I'm pumped!

I'm in the same boat as sheep up there, I was all ready for necromancy-induced disappointment again and instead I got a blast full of awesome right to the face. Great to have you back, Dan, we missed you. Awesome stuff as usual. If I had to play favorites (which I don't, but I'm going to), that first blastmaster dude is perfect. Keep 'em coming.

Omigosh omigosh!

Those heavy weapon bros! Those raptors! ... but dat obliterator doe...

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/xq90/905/ns52bB.png

(But seriously, glad you're back with a vengeance. Come say hi down in the AoD when you get the chance. We'll keep a seat open for you :biggrin.: )

Heroics in HH?  I thought 30k was very similar to 40k?  Are the characters buffed? (I guess I never read into it much, all my heresy stuff became carcharodons after inspiration from machinepriest here on the forums).

Not so much buffed characters, but astartes vs astartes. Face smashing, dirty, mud filled grappling over the future of mankind. Everyone has their own agenda and motivations in the heresy and the diversity is more evident there than 40k. Plus it's easier to love the common warrior/soldier and identify with the game and the hobby for me. I love putting my dudes on the table but when fighting some non astartes enemies the average CSM squad acts like a bucket of chum. IN the HH i get to keep my modeling love for power armor and  they're meaningful on the table.

Back and better than ever, this just made my day.

Loving the new additions, quite relieved to see your blade has not been dulled.

Horus heresy huh? Is it Blood Angels or Space Wolves? Someone else?

Anyway great to see you back, and with more night lords, this has made my week.

I'm looking at some quiet, aloof, distant legions. One dark, one white. Two possible sides of a coin. This could always be misdirection brought to you by an old favorite of secrets and lies...

Those 'noise marines' are damn sexy. And they're not even Slaaneshi!

many thanks!

Amazing work, and welcome back, dude!! The level of detail on each mini is just awesome :thumbsup:

They're in some cases a little plainer than i'd like, but i'm committing to some ambitious painting that will make up for that.

Fething hell, he's back....

It's a pleasure to see you again, brother. The new work is stunning, especially those heavy support cannons. Definitely looking forward to some paint.

And....um.... never leave us again. Ever. :tongue.:

It had been too long. Even with the light comminication a few of us had on some other projects I kept carving away on little projects and daydreaming bigger ones. I'm happy to say the time has come where i'm set up to work again.

Beautiful conversions. Noone does Night Lords quite like you. :smile.:

The mantle was pulled from me ages ago. Some other notable companies have taken up the fight in beautiful ways. Heinrich and Darkven to just skim the surface.

Omigosh omigosh!

Those heavy weapon bros! Those raptors! ... but dat obliterator doe...

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/xq90/905/ns52bB.png

(But seriously, glad you're back with a vengeance. Come say hi down in the AoD when you get the chance. We'll keep a seat open for you :biggrin.: )

Be there soon. The degenerates you have all become lately is sickening in the Haunters absense. :wink:

Glad to see a vile heretic return to the fold!  :tongue.:  Love the conversions and subtle "truescaling" on all your models.  Welcome back!

I'm in the same boat as sheep up there, I was all ready for necromancy-induced disappointment again and instead I got a blast full of awesome right to the face. Great to have you back, Dan, we missed you. Awesome stuff as usual. If I had to play favorites (which I don't, but I'm going to), that first blastmaster dude is perfect. Keep 'em coming.

What a comeback ! I also feared threadomancy, until the punch in my face. Awesoooome !!

I was so ready to be disappointed thinking someone had threadromanced the topic, I was completely unprepared for the awesomeness!

I would like to take this time to publicly thank the Mod team for allowing me to pull this thing back from the dead. It was archived and closed down with the last activity around 4 years ago. Thanks all of you who welcomed me back!

Yeah I'm loving these new guys.

Great to see your style evolve but still remain true to your techniques, The raptors are my favourites.

Any plans for the future expansion, are you working towards a list, or just going with the flow?

Anyway great to see new work from you, I'm pumped!

Jim, the army initially started off as a way to keep all of the competetive chaos choices in the 5th edition dex flavorful and fluffy with counts as. after spending a ton of time creating a list i really liked with a ton of models i worked on forever it turned into stubbornly trying to make that old 5th marine heavy list work in 6th, and 7th. I was getting crushed in most of my games and it was disheartening to see all of the hard hobby work, as well as all of the fluff and love I worked into my guys lose their edge. Lately I'm breaking the mold in order to have a little more fun in games. There's always those models i will try and make work though. Like my dreadnought. As well as models that may never have a chance to play, like most of my raptors, cypher, terminators, etc.

keep your eyes peeled. There's more in the pipeline.

Dan

Across ninety-nine worlds I fought,

And with every foe slain,

I would breathe a Black Prayer:

"May He Return."

And on the hundredth victory,

My prayer was granted.

Good to have you back, Dan. Can't wait to see what else you've come up with. :D

Across ninety-nine worlds I fought,

And with every foe slain,

I would breathe a Black Prayer:

"May He Return."

And on the hundredth victory,

My prayer was granted.

Good to have you back, Dan. Can't wait to see what else you've come up with. :D

And across the Segmentum,

there rose a great cry-

“Ave Dominus Nox.

And lo, a rider on a iron steed,

In midnight clad,

And his name was Dan,

And Hell followed with him.

Just read through this thread, and I have to say, it's amazing. Please give us more.

I needed some air superiority and I hate the helturkey model. The dark angels craft came in a boxed set i picked up for some other projects and was the perfect opportunity to get an attack craft in my list.

gallery_31335_11102_165428.jpg

gallery_31335_11102_1191078.jpg

\gallery_31335_11102_257823.jpg

I wanted to keep with the theme of a possessed space marine attack craft. I went for a bunch of extra sensor spines and lenses over the craft to make it look self aware and perceptive. I added some extra cabling and exhaust to try and make it look like something more than the engines were burning fuel and active on this thing. Finally I switched the Dark Angel wings for some leathery bat wings and added flamstorms for the baleflamer and a gatling cannon for the autocannon.

This is where i've slowed down with this model. I have some patching and molding to do in places but not many more changes in mind. C&C is welcome.

Dan

That's pretty sweet!  The wings and brasswork are awesome, and I think it's probably one of the more impressive Chaos conversions of a generally Imperial craft I've seen.

Whu... Wow. I got nothing else. That aircraft is just sick.

A little rest has had a wonderfully corrosive effect on your twisted imagination, brother. You do the VIII Legion proud.