=][= REQUEST TUTORIALS HERE =][=

Tutorial Request (Or even a blind guess I could try)

Type: Modeling/Converting

Race: Space Marines

Details: Bolter ammo-belts.

for visual reference:

Don't really understand what you are looking for. You can get two of those heavy bolters with belts with the Devastor box

I think he is looking for a tutorial on how to make one so he can repose the heavy bolter. Devestator Belt limits you to one position generally.

• 2 weeks later...

I initially dropped this idea in the Suggestion Box and was referred here. It's not really a tutorial, but close enough.

Do any of you have reference photos that you wouldn't mind sharing? I'm not talking about other miniatures where you think the painter has done an effect just right, but actual photos from real life. It could be anything: a soldier standing at ease, any detail shots of tanks, inspiration for terrain pieces, examples of source lighting, ... anything at all that you use in your painting.

I have to confess that I don't personally have any such thing, which is why I was hoping some of the painters out there would.

You might want to check out some AFV modeling sites, a couple of suggestions:

Historical modelers tend to focus very heavily on some of these and both those sites have lots of articles/techniques and examples. There are also some excellent books out there, but they are not free and can get rather pricey.

Hope this helps,

AJC

Oops forgot to lookie, look over there. Just before I get fragged here it is.

Type: Painting

Race: Chaos Space Marine Iron Warriors

Details: Red eye lenses

Heya all,

I've been out the game & moddeling for a while but have decided to pick up where I've left off.

ATM I'm working on finishing my Iron Warriors and have come to my personal painting hell; lenses!

Although I'm satisfied with my skills so far, in the past I had to much trouble in painting those Marine eyes. Althoug I can throw on some Red Gore and leave it at that. I want more character, depth so essentcialy highlights.

Is there anyone out there who has got (or show the way to) a decent tutorial for SM-eyelenses. For the colour red?

Many thanks in advance.

Cheers,

Vandael

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Type: Painting

Details: I'd like to read a tutorial on how I can achive some effects with a spray gun from GW. I just bought one, think it will be great for basecoating large surfaces, but I wonder if there are some special techniques. (and if so, I will be pleased to read them). Thanks.

Type: Sculpting/Scratchbuilding

Race: Any

Details: I've been looking for a tutorial on how to make a drill for quite some time now. With drill, I mean that typical shape like that one, the new Killa Kanz (top one) have. Why? Because a Jack Hammer Drill is frikkin awesome! I really hope I finally find help here...

Tutorial Request (Or even a blind guess I could try)

Details: Bolter ammo-belts.

for visual reference:

Don't really understand what you are looking for. You can get two of those heavy bolters with belts with the Devastor box

'cept they're plastic and they don't bend very well. Even the metal ones only bend so far.

• 4 weeks later...

Tutorial Type: Modelling

Race: general PA

Description: I am looking for tutorials on how to make your own resin casts. Nothing IP violating, mainly I have some green stuffed shoulder pads, chest plates, and other various items that I would like to reproduce with resin.

Thanks.

Tutorial Type: Modelling/building terrain

Race: Dark Angels

Description: A few years ago, I saw a tutorial on the GW site with instructions on how to build a ruined dark angels cathedral. The cathedral had a central dais with the dark angels chapter symbol (sword with wings for all you non-DA types) in the middle and was absolutely awesome. It had templates for the walls and everything. Of course now that they are selling lots of plastic building kits they have taken it down. Does anybody remember this? If so, do you have the templates or any ideas on how I should proceed in building something like this??

Tutorial Request:

Race: Space Marine

Details: I'm looking for a tutorial out there on how one might convert the current LR to look a bit more like the original, particularly in terms of having:

1) fully exposed tracks (i.e. not covered on top like the current kit)

2) the track gear extending farther above the hull, like in the original kit, rather than being about level with the top like on the current kit

3) the tracks themselves extending slightly out from the armour plating, rather than being almost flush with it

http://lh6.ggpht.com/_-HZLorI1B0w/Sv98H36XM-I/AAAAAAAAJrQ/NL2OK6KUOeY/MK1%20Land%20Raider%20Deathwing.jpg

You'll notice, for example, that in the above kit, the body is somewhat suspended between the much larger track assemblies (sorry, not sure what the proper term is for the parts of the LR hull that the tracks wrap around and contains the wheels and gears that operate them), with a fair amount of clearance both above and below the hull in relation to the tracks.

With the newer kit, the hull sits much lower, and overall is much more flush with the track assemblies, and the tracks themselves also sit more flush. To me, this look is a bit too sleek, and I'd like to capture at least some of the more archaic, WWI feel of the original kit.

http://www.gosfordhobbies.com.au/shop/images/P/newimage-68.gif

If this matters (have not seen the kit in person yet), I've thought about using the FW pre-heresy Land Raider for this project, although I may stick with the regular kit to save costs and let me modularize the different variants on one hull.

I was going to post this as a separate post, as I'm also looking to gather suggestions for my own scratch-conversion, but I wasn't sure if this would count as a tutorial request, and didn't want to run afoul of the law. :rolleyes:

I believe chopping the sides off the top hull piece (i.e. the parts that cover the track assemblies) will be fairly easy and straightforward.

More complicated is figuring out how to stretch the track assemblies so that they are tall enough to extend both above and below the hull. Due to the front and back of each assembly being angled, I don't think it'll be as simple as making a horizontal cut somewhere and extending there via plasticard. I'd also have to be mindful of the doors. Short of scratchbuilding custom assemblies specific to my desired dimensions, I'm may have to just settle/hope that fully exposed, slightly raised tracks will come close enough at mimicking the look of the old kit.

Speaking of which, not sure how tricky it will be modifying the tracks themselves to sit farther out from the assemblies, and wrap fully around. A second set of tracks should give me all that I need, but it's a question of figuring out how they'll work with everything fitting nicely together on a slightly extended and raised position compared to what they were originally designed for.

Any thoughts/helps?